Art Calls it Quits... Again

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fan
Lady with a

Art Calls it Quits... Again

Post by Fan » 12-11-2015 06:22 PM

From FB just now:
I am sorry to have to announce this but I will not be on Tonight or any other night, yes I am going to hang it up. Whoever this crazy person is, they are not stopping and it has come to the point that we as a Family do not feel it is worth the risk. While I think the person or persons are after me, my Wife and now my Daughter are really scared, the other night after the latest incident my Daughter was off in the corner of her bed scared to death as the Police cars came screaming up. I will not put my Family through this. As you all know I dearly love what I do but not at the expense of never ending Terrorism. I want to thank those of you who have shown so much support and it has been my joy, short as it has been to have cracked that Mic open for a last time. This was a Family decision. The girls stuck with me and still would but if one of them were harmed because of what I love doing my life would be over.
:coolhat:
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

fos
Pirate

Re: Art Calls it Quits... Again

Post by fos » 12-11-2015 10:21 PM

I guess it has happened again. Oh well.

I received an email about cancelling my subscription.

Too bad......

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-12-2015 02:27 AM

fos wrote:I guess it has happened again. Oh well.

I received an email about cancelling my subscription.

Too bad......
I got one'a those emails, but I ain't ready to pack it in just yet. Despite this latest in a series of career ending announcements, insofar while in the safety of his home, there can still be a way he can be part of the show (like he was tonight), hopefully Art isn't necessarily "all in" on driving the nail through once and for all

Meanwhile I know he has misgivings about doing them but I was thinking it'd be well within his rights for Art to make an exception in this case, and organize a massive mind blast to give this @$$hole a brain hemorrhage??
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 12-12-2015 08:45 AM

if indeed there is an outside perpetrator...
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

fos
Pirate

Post by fos » 12-12-2015 08:57 AM

There is no doubt that there are plenty of flakes in the world. Why would someone target Art for doing a late night talk show. It is just bizarre. I guess I will never understand such people.

Jeff

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 12-12-2015 10:55 AM

fos wrote:There is no doubt that there are plenty of flakes in the world. Why would someone target Art for doing a late night talk show. It is just bizarre. I guess I will never understand such people.

Jeff
That "makes all of us" agreeing with your post instead of just the two of us! Hello fos, That is sad news to read this morning and the freedom of speech, as one of our collective cherished American's liberties, is in jeopardy nationwide! :evil:
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 12-12-2015 11:28 AM

I am hoping that the police, the new cameras being set up will catch the perpetrator that is causing this situation. It is one thing when someone is shooting not just one time, but other times as well and shooting at Art's home. But it has continued to where the wife and daughter are afraid.

The question is why? The next question is who - is it just one or are there more?

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 12-12-2015 01:06 PM

Fan wrote:if indeed there is an outside perpetrator...
Nailed it Fan!

Bah humbug. :roll:

I'm sure I read that Art had put in security measures so how could this have happened again without this perp being caught?
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-12-2015 04:46 PM

BELL TOLLS: IT’S OVER! ART BELL QUITS FOR THE FINAL TIME – UPDATED 12/12/15

Excerpt: There are some Facebook fans calling Bell to task tonight over the allegations that shootings have occurred on his property. One poster wrote, ” On /r/artbell (reddit) they are saying there is no proof of any of these shooting incidents. No police reports, nothing.
I am a huge fan, have been since ’95. I am disappointed with this announcement.
Can you explain why you made no police reports about these incidents?” Bell responded directly, saying, “I did, several times at the Nye County Sheriff Dept.”

Another message from Bell posted after the original two talks about refunds for subscribers,
  • Midnight in the Desert

So, I made my decision after my Wife told me about my Daughter today. She was really scared.

Everybody who wants refunds will get them.

Heather will do a show Tonight with I think a Time Traveler.

Perhaps I will come and do a random show when Heather needs a break if you give her a chance. I just can not keep a routine that puts my Family in danger.

Art
Tonight, Dark Matter Radio Network braintrust Keith Rowland offered up instructions on how to cancel your Art Bell subscription..

# # # #

UPDATED 8:08 AM SATURDAY DECEMBER 12 2015:

Art Bell had one more post on the entire matter.
Heather Wade appeared hosting Midnight in the Desert last night. She sounded like herself–those who may have heard her before on Midnight or even on Bellgab’s numerous past podcasts as ‘(Redacted)’ already knew what she sounded like. Her guest was troubling, however. He was not able to complete a thought almost a sentence. He was a supposed time traveler from the future but was guarding his secrets. He seemed to be filled with bunk. Suddenly, around an hour into the program fraught with technical issues, Bell called in to greet the new host. He appeared to be giving her an on-air reassuring–and listeners too.

Then Bell wrote this on Facebook this morning,

• I think Heather did a amazing job given the short notice, connection problems and a Guest who was tough. She will return Monday with a great Guest and I think those of you who are considering cancelling should give her a couple of more days before deciding. In my view she has one of the more pleasant voices on Radio!

On another note it may be that after some time if you stick with it I may be able to show up now and then. While I understand I could have some Guard out there it is not a road I care to go down again, I did that Years ago and hated it for the same reason anybody who has ever been under Guard would easily understand, it’s really intrusive.

I was prepared to go on, threat or not but after a sit down with my Wife about what life has been like since all this started for her and most of all Asia, it just seemed selfish of me to keep doing it so I could have fun under current circumstances. I also want to say the Sheriff’s office has been doing a wonderful job, they have a big valley to protect.

Art
The comments section on this post showcase anger and sadness mixed together in the style reminiscent of the other times Bell quit. Despite his assurance that he’d come back to do an occasional show if ‘time travelers’ stick around, Keith Rowland has already posted instruction on how to quit and get money back. Major radio affiliates like KXL have already dropped MIDNIGHT.. Most likely other big players who recently picked up the show will do the same thing.

The only take I can personally have on this: It seems too late to make any comeback after this. At this point, the show is Midnight with Heather Wade. It may be wise to take out ‘the desert’ portion since she’s from the West’s undisclosed location. It may also be inventive to try to get other Bellgab.com users involved with the program. Calling MV? Jazz? others?

And when Wade needs a night off.. Bell may be the relief and give an open lines here and there. But with him gone as the headliner of the program, the audience that gets built will have to be more organic. Bell’s name brought back big players and opened the door for huge numbers in ratings. Heather Wade will not have that immediate advantage. And in some ironic twist, thought she and others on Bellgab have long been critical of George Noory and how he got his gig after Bell left Coast in the early 2000s, she may face the same hostile audience.

The ball is in her court now. The HORROR REPORT has personally wished her success in this venture and publicly does here, as well.

Given the circumstances of everything, going from producer to host may not be a simple task..
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Nye County Sheriff's Department Press Release

Post by Riddick » 12-13-2015 01:23 AM

Posted @ FB

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-13-2015 01:34 AM

Art Bell's Farewell Address From 2000 (Phil Hendrie Parody)

http://fredsshed.1apps.com/audio/200003 ... etires.mp3

-Donald Trump Image

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 12-13-2015 07:47 AM

I dunno if I believe any of it!!!

ART WAS JUST LOOKING FOR AN EASY WAY OUT SO HE DIDNT HAVE TO TELL PPL HE REALLY DIDNT WANNA DO ANOTHER SHOW!!

FAN: Good to see you here,I am worried about you!! (You didnt reply to my PM which is strange)

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 12-13-2015 08:51 AM

:? How much more strange can this news become :?:

OFF TOPIC:

:? Hey all I just drove all Saturday night long on the 12th hauling Highlander steel for it's giant automaker. It's the 13th all day today Sunday. Yet kbot's 3 posts elsewhere today and my one here say the 14th :?: :lol:
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Riddick
Pirate

THE EASY WAY OUT

Post by Riddick » 12-13-2015 02:34 PM

Dude111 wrote:I dunno if I believe any of it!!!

ART WAS JUST LOOKING FOR AN EASY WAY OUT SO HE DIDNT HAVE TO TELL PPL HE REALLY DIDNT WANNA DO ANOTHER SHOW!!
Calling his wife to tell her he was being shot at, then lying on the ground waiting for the sheriffs to come... That, and everything related leading up to that night, NOT TO mention building a new studio, assembling an able apparatus for online streaming, setting up the subscription system, making the show available to radio stations, etc etc etc - all to avoid telling people he didn't really wanna do another show?

Hey, how can you NOT believe it, Dude...That's Art all over. Easy come, easy go! ;)

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

The Future Of MITD and Dark Matter Radio Network

Post by Riddick » 12-13-2015 03:05 PM

OK folks, here’s the deal as of now…. from Keith Rowland

Midnight in the Desert

I will run Midnight in the Desert w/Heather Wade on the Dark Matter Digital Network for the next 30 days minimum. She will start in Art’s same time slot for Monday and Tuesday…

However, seeing as I’m obligated to continue feeding the terrestrial affiliate stations for the next 30 days, I’ll need to feed either Heather’s live show or replays of Art Bell’s archives, (which ever they determine the best for them yet to be decided). If I need to feed the Art Bell replays to them at 9-12, Art’s time slot, I will have Heather do MITD from 6-9 pm PT LIVE to insure she gets to do shows for you also. If the radio stations are fine with Heather filling in for Art, we’ll keep her at 9-12 PT.

Her shows will be added to the same Time Travelers archive as Art’s shows, so your current subscription will have Art’s old shows and these new ones. It’s up to you to continue to support the show with Heather by keeping your existing subscription or signing up again for the Time Travelers subscription, now at $4.99. After 30 days, we all will evaluate the financial situation of whether we can continue. I hope the subscriber base will maintain the show. We will do our part in reducing the costs.

Other Side of Midnight

As for Richard C Hoagland’s OSOM program, again, it’s all about finances. RCH and I need to re-evaluate our financial model and hope to come to some resolution to continue running his show on DMDN. Stay tuned for updates on this matter. He could be back on Monday night! You can still show your support by Joining Club 19.5.

Dark Matter Digital Network

It was always my intention to bring good paranormal programs to the network and as Art Bell would draw people to the station, these shows would gain audience and attract advertisers. While Art Bell was bringing the audience, some shows received some increase in numbers and I continued to run those shows hoping for better performance.

As hard as I tried, with over two years in building the network, none of the other programs I carried were able to earn any advertising dollars to support the cost of playing the shows, let alone justify my time in producing the shows live. I had to be present in the studio during all live shows in order to connect and bring them on, monitor the sound, play the breaks, record the show and edit the replay audio files. This time took away from my day and had no financial benefit. But I did it because Art’s show was subsidizing the cost. With the leaving of Art Bell, it doesn’t seem financially viable to continue spending hours a day doing this. So I regret to not being able to produce LIVE versions of these programs after this week.

I will however for the time being, continue to play on the station stream any and all pre-recorded shows that I currently have and any of the current LIVE shows who wish to produce their own pre-recorded audio files to me for playback, on DMDN each week. But I need to have those 4 hours a day back.

The station will also revert back to a cheaper streaming solution and may be dark for some periods of time to save costs.

Finally

It is sad that incidents have taken our Art Bell away from us again…. The challenge of bringing Art back was intense and satisfying. But the Dark Matter Digital Network was created and maintained for his return. Now that he is gone… the situation will be fluid and could quickly change. But I’m willing to get this a shot, if you are. I will update this post as I have more information.

— Keith Rowland

http://artbell.com/the-future-of-midnig ... o-network/

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”