Art Calls it Quits... Again

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

Re: Art Calls it Quits... Again

Post by voguy » 12-27-2015 02:45 PM

"ART BELL HAS retired more times than..."

1) .... a politician has said something really stupid.

2) .... George has talked about vitamins.

3) .... Richard Hoagland has talked about the damn face on Mars.

4) .... Hillery has lied.

5) .... a VW has not legally passed an emissions test.

6) .... Comcast has provided less that good service that you paid full price for.

7) .... Obama has said "ummm" in a speech.

8) .... John Bohner has needed a Kleenex.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-27-2015 04:46 PM

voguy wrote:"ART BELL HAS retired more times than..."

1) .... a politician has said something really stupid.

2) .... George has talked about vitamins.

3) .... Richard Hoagland has talked about the damn face on Mars.

4) .... Hillery has lied.

5) .... a VW has not legally passed an emissions test.

6) .... Comcast has provided less that good service that you paid full price for.

7) .... Obama has said "ummm" in a speech.

8) .... John Bohner has needed a Kleenex.
Image ImageImageImageGREAT comedy VO! Quality AND quantity to boot, you should go pro stand-up, or cash in as a writer - Any case kudos to you for being the FF's resident Rob Petrie!
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 12-30-2015 12:43 AM

HE IS A 2yo CHILD!!!!!!

IF HE DOESNT WANNA DO THE SHOW,WHY NOT JUST SAY IT?????

Why play all these games???? -- MOST OF US ITS ALL BS ... HE DOES THE SAME CRAP EVERYTIME!!!!

He is not a good person!!

fos
Pirate

Post by fos » 12-30-2015 11:26 AM

Art is just a Hollyweird person. He is very talented and creative. I have been listening to him since the mid 90s. He has always had so much drama going on. I think Holloweirds just thrive on drama.

Most of us don't have the resources or ability to drop out of work every time something weird happens in our lives. We have to continue to support ourselves and our families. Hollweirds have the ability to drop out, and profit from the drama then tragically come back.

I won't ever pay to listen to Bell again.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 12-30-2015 06:54 PM

Bell violated listener trust.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-07-2016 09:46 PM

The latest as of the 5th:

"I would like to invite you all to look up Heather Wade here on Facebook and Friend her before she gets to her Facebook limit. Just look for the Alien head, that's her!

I also want to thank her for jumping in and holding the spot open while I try and figure things out, she is doing a fantastic job."

Art
A man's character is his fate

Riddick
Pirate

Art's Intestinal Fortitute Obstruction: Dark Matter Of Another Kind?

Post by Riddick » 01-08-2016 01:46 AM

Diogenes wrote:The latest as of the 5th:

"I would like to invite you all to look up Heather Wade here on Facebook and Friend her before she gets to her Facebook limit. Just look for the Alien head, that's her!

I also want to thank her for jumping in and holding the spot open while I try and figure things out, she is doing a fantastic job."

Art
One thing's for sure, Art's taking his good nature's time figuring things out, eh??

Just around the corner, the 30 day commitment to OTA radio affiliates comes to an end, Art hosted repeats having filled the gap. He can say Heather is hot stuff all he wants, but how eager will stations be to carry her shows? My guess is *NOT* very.

"Y'all just hang out with Heather, 'til I figure out what's what"?? Yeah right! IMHO, it's chronic cranial constipation: Bottom line, there's two choices, rising off the pot being one -- But that would be the easy way out! So, Art sits. And sits. And sits...

Nought else time comes it'll be interesting when there actually IS some movement.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-08-2016 03:37 PM

Either figuring "things out" or waiting for the meds to kick in.

Seriously.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 01-08-2016 08:19 PM

With final retirement looming, I would be tempted to step in. But frankly, I want to be a lowly innkeeper without drama.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-10-2016 04:48 PM

Anything lacking drama is good as far as I am concerned.

Riddick
Pirate

Art Bell UPDATE

Post by Riddick » 02-06-2016 05:36 PM

Art Bell sitdown with Michael Vandeven

After months of intrigue and controversy since Art Bell left his radio show MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT, he sat down on the GABCAST with BellGab’s Michael Vandeven..

Vandeven opened the show with a hope the program will become one you can listen to 20 years from now. He succeeded in that regard. The show is an instant classic in time. FULL STORY @ THE HORROR REPORT

-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 02-06-2016 08:38 PM

Still pissed at Art.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 02-07-2016 01:53 AM

So, Art says he wants to return to radio but insofar the 'threat' exists, he's unsure when that might be... As for MITD, he'd like Heather to make the show hers, with maybe a surprise or two visit from him with no plans for anything more than that.

I have this idea rather than actively pursuing a resolution Art's perfectly content to just sit it out, more or less washing his hands of the whole thing, while dangling a carrot of yet another 'comeback' to help mitigate some of the damage he's done -

At that rate, IMHO, even as I'd like to think otherwise? It's hard NOT to be pissed.

-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 02-07-2016 08:59 AM

Art had options. Art had friends ready to help. I ask, how can you trust him anymore?

As far as Heather goes, I think she will do fine as long as she doesn't try to be a clone of Art nor appear to be his heir apparent. She has the ability, but lacks some of the on air polish that only years behind the mic can bring. The one thing I hope never happens to her is developing an ego where she disconnects from the listener in a way that Noory and Bell had in later years.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 02-10-2016 10:19 PM

Arts a blithering idiot........ Im starting to wonder if that stuff that was said about him in 1999 that made him leave that network WAS TRUE!!!!! (He couldnt believe they found out)

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”