Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

Re: All Things Bernie

Post by voguy » 06-12-2016 09:08 AM

LINK TO STORY <- Watch the video

Sanders, Clinton to meet Tuesday
By Kyle Balluck - June 12, 2016, 09:33 - THE HILL

Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders said early Sunday that he plans to meet Hillary Clinton, the party’s presumptive nominee, late Tuesday.

The independent Vermont senator told NBC’s “Meet the Press” that he will do everything he can to make sure presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump is not elected president.”

“I will be meeting with Secretary Clinton on Tuesday evening, I believe,” he said. “And we will be chatting about her campaign.”

Sanders said he wants to get a sense of what kind of platform Clinton will be supporting and “whether she will be vigorous in standing up for working families and the middle class, moving aggressively in climate change, healthcare for all, making public colleges and universities tuition-free.”

“After we have that kind of discussion and after we can determine whether or not we are going to have a strong and progressive platform, I will be able to make other decisions.”

Posted at 10:07 on 6/12/2016 to forum by VOGUY
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-12-2016 09:36 AM

I wonder if Bernie will fold? After all their ideals are so similar. They have more in common than not, with the only exception being, that their intentions are like the difference between day and night.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-13-2016 06:25 PM

If Bernie does a deal with the devil (Hillary) I think most of the followers will lean independent or go Republican. People are loyal, but only to a point.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Bernie, Bedeviled?

Post by Riddick » 06-14-2016 01:15 AM

voguy wrote:If Bernie does a deal with the devil (Hillary) I think most of the followers will lean independent or go Republican. People are loyal, but only to a point.
Hillary isn't the Devil. She's not that good!
Even he knows not to make deals with her
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-14-2016 03:57 PM

I loved this whopper told today.
T_T_Hillary's_LIe-003.jpg
T_T_Hillary's_LIe-003.jpg (10.63 KiB) Viewed 5330 times

Riddick
Pirate

Bern Out? Not!

Post by Riddick » 06-15-2016 03:17 AM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-15-2016 06:50 PM

Bernie better watch out that he's not Vince Foster'ed.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-16-2016 02:12 AM

voguy wrote:Bernie better watch out that he's not Vince Foster'ed.
Yeah. No doubt Hillary's Suicide Squad is on alert.

Then again, I think Bernie's old enough, they may just be able to Scalia him.

-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-16-2016 04:02 PM

Riddick wrote:Then again, I think Bernie's old enough, they may just be able to Scalia him.
Very possible. And we say that kiddingly till you see all the people who have disappeared or have died will Billary's have been in power.

voguy
Pirate

Re: All Things Bernie (BREAKING)

Post by voguy » 06-16-2016 07:34 PM

June 16, 2016, 07:49PM
Sanders camp no longer lobbying superdelegates
By Harper Neidig - The Hill

Bernie Sanders's campaign manager said Thursday night that the campaign is not actively lobbying for the support of superdelegates.

"We are not currently lobbying superdelegates," Jeff Weaver said during an interview with Bloomberg Politics' ”With All Due Respect" that aired on MSNBC. "I don’t anticipate that’ll start anytime soon."

The admission may indicate that the Vermont senator intends to drop out of the Democratic race for president. Sanders is slated to give a live video address to his supporters at 8:30 p.m. Thursday.

Weaver, however, remained coy during the interview, refusing to reveal whether or when Sanders would drop out of the Democratic race for president, though he did maintain that his boss is a ”candidate for the Democratic nomination."

Sanders and presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton met at the Capital Hilton, just blocks from the White House, on Tuesday night to plot a way forward after the Democratic primary season came to a close with voting in Washington, D.C.

Clinton won that primary and will win the Democratic race. She finishes with an advantage of nearly 400 pledged delegates over Sanders.

The Sanders campaign released a statement late Tuesday night saying they had had “a positive discussion about how best to bring more people into the political process and about the dangerous threat that Donald Trump poses to our nation.”

Sanders spokesman Michael Briggs said there are still a variety of issues where they are “seeking common ground,” including raising the minimum wage, campaign finance reform, universal healthcare and more affordable college tuition.

Sanders has given no indication that he intends to drop out before the convention.

Briggs said earlier on Tuesday that Sanders will not drop out "today, or tomorrow, or the next day,” hinting that the live stream Thursday evening will not break news.

“He has said that he plans to stay in this through the Democratic convention,” Briggs said, according to Bloomberg News.

Riddick
Pirate

Sanders Shaping Up As Superdelegates' Kryptonite?

Post by Riddick » 06-22-2016 01:10 AM

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

The Donald Feels The Bern! Go Sanders!

Post by Riddick » 06-22-2016 01:19 AM

-Donald Trump Image

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-22-2016 04:52 AM

13516674_10154894642447908_8052130537004251869_n.jpg
13516674_10154894642447908_8052130537004251869_n.jpg (56.49 KiB) Viewed 5287 times
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-23-2016 12:20 AM

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-24-2016 01:10 AM

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”