What did you last make??

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

Re: What did you last make??

Post by voguy » 06-10-2016 06:28 PM

Took a bratwurst and sliced it down the center making two halves, then grilled them.

Made up some hotdog sauce. Add buns, mustard and pickles & peppers and enjoy.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-10-2016 11:39 PM

Kwik Trip stations have Johnsonville brats for just $1.29 here on the weekends!

Sauerkraut, cheese & chili sauce, onion, relish, mustard, bun & I'm all set there

Add a 99¢ Big Buddy Coke, & it's a real meal value for us Cheesehead gourmets
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-17-2016 03:28 AM

I last made myself a Heart Attack Burger, 1/3d pound ground chuck patty, two fried eggs, four bacon strips, American cheese, lettuce and ketchup on two slices of white toast.

It's not what the doctor ordered, but so what, they're not his arteries getting clogged!
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-17-2016 06:08 PM

I last made lasagna with ricotta and mozz, meat sauce and shrooms

I'm in WI & I'm not having Friday fish fry for dinner. Oh, the shame!

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Another Friday, Another Dinner

Post by Riddick » 06-24-2016 05:41 PM

I last made myself a bowl of heat and eat New England clam chowder

Ok, so I'm in WI & it's not fish fry. It's seafood! Gimme some credit.

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Re: Another Friday, Another Dinner

Post by kbot » 06-24-2016 08:26 PM

Riddick wrote:I last made myself a bowl of heat and eat New England clam chowder

I'm gonna hate myself for this, but, please, don't tel me it was that white crap.........

If you really want to enjoy clam chowder, make it with clear brother instead. It's the RI version, and it's great. Just get some chopped clams (fresh or canned), about four or five bottles of clam brother, some rough cut potatoes, onions, celery if you want - some (no more than a tablespoon) pimenta moida (Portuguese spicy red pepper sauce - DO NOT use Tabasco.........) if you want to spice it up some. Let it cook until the potatoes are done, but not mush. Salt & pepper to taste. This is very easy to make......

I used to have the white New England style for years until my wife introduced me to the RI version - far better. The simpler the ingredients, the better..... Forget Manhattan chowder - that's just an abomination.......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-24-2016 08:41 PM

Last meal I made was grilled red snapper. One whole cleaned, gutted red snapper - cut four diagonal cuts on each side, stuff eat cut and inner areas with chopped garlic, olive oil, parsley, sliced lemons, sliced onions, wrap in aluminum foil, but before doing that, make sure that each side has a layer of slices peppers, onions, lemons, olive oil, chopped garlic and salt & pepper). Let it sit on the grill about 20 minutes each side.

With that I made grilled asparagus - coat with olive oil and lemon juice, salt & pepper and chopped garlic and oregano. Grill over the higher rack on a two rack grill. Also, rough chop peppers, onions, coat with olive oil, lemon, chopped garlic and oregano. Grill using the top rack as well. Stir fairly frequently so as not to burn.

For the asparagus, make a sauce with Dijon mustard, lemon juice, chopped garlic, chopped parsley, salt & pepper. Wisk all ingredients and chill. Top the vegetables with lemon zest and either pour the sauce directly on the vegetables, or use in a small side bowl for dipping.

Use hard Portuguese rolls when eating. As my wife said that her vavó (grandmother in Portuguese) taught her - " A little peixe (fish), little pão (bread) and a little pimenta (pepper). Mmmmmmm..."
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-25-2016 12:31 AM

kbot wrote:
Riddick wrote:I last made myself a bowl of heat and eat New England clam chowder

I'm gonna hate myself for this, but, please, don't tel me it was that white crap.........
OK, I won't tell you

But I like it anyway :D

-Donald Trump Image

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 06-25-2016 02:38 AM

I last made a glass of chocolate Milk :)

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-25-2016 07:47 AM

1st really home cooked meal in ages. Priceless.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-25-2016 08:34 AM

Riddick wrote:
kbot wrote:

OK, I won't tell you

But I like it anyway :D
I hear ya - basically grew-up on the stuff. But, homemade is far better...... :mrgreen:

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-25-2016 09:05 AM

Tonight I'm doing steak with baked potato and peppers.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-25-2016 07:23 PM

Burgers and kielbasa, potato salad

....... and beer :mrgreen:

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-25-2016 08:05 PM

Sirloin tonight. Accented by potato, red & green pepper, onion, and the customary red wine.

Relaxing with the laptop watching the sun go down in the west.

Riddick
Pirate

Re:

Post by Riddick » 06-25-2016 11:14 PM

Dude111 wrote:I last made a glass of chocolate Milk :)
Hershey's? Nesquik? Bosco? Ovaltine?

Inquiring minds want to know!

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “The Brig”