Pirate

Debbie is out.

Post by voguy » 07-24-2016 03:44 PM

LINK TO STORY

Wasserman Schultz resigning as party leader
By Jeff Zeleny, Eric Bradner and John King, CNN
Updated 4:37 PM ET, Sun July 24, 2016

Watch video at site

Debbie Wasserman Schultz announced Sunday she is stepping down as chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee at the end of the party's convention, which is set to begin here Monday.
The Florida congresswoman's resignation -- under pressure from top Democrats -- comes amid the release of leaked emails that show DNC staffers favoring Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders in the party's 2016 primary contest.

Wasserman Schultz announced her resignation in a statement Sunday afternoon, saying she remains committed to seeing Clinton elected president. She talked with both President Barack Obama and Clinton before making her announcement.

"Going forward, the best way for me to accomplish those goals is to step down as Party Chair at the end of this convention," Wasserman Schultz said in the statement.

"As Party Chair, this week I will open and close the Convention and I will address our delegates about the stakes involved in this election not only for Democrats, but for all Americans," she continued. "We have planned a great and unified Convention this week and I hope and expect that the DNC team that has worked so hard to get us to this point will have the strong support of all Democrats in making sure this is the best convention we have ever had."

Wasserman Schultz had faced intense pressure this weekend to quit her post, several Democratic leaders told CNN, urging her to quell a growing controversy threatening to disrupt Clinton's nominating convention.

DNC Vice Chair Donna Brazile will serve as interim chair through the election, it was announced Sunday. She is a CNN political commentator.

Separately, a Democratic operative said Hispanic leaders close to Clinton and her high command were discussing Housing Secretary Julian Castro as a possible successor to Wasserman Schultz at the DNC helm.
Chants of "Debbie is don!e" and "Debbie resigned!" broke out at a pro-Sanders rally in Philadelphia after the news was announced.

Party officials decided Saturday that Wasserman Schultz would not have a major speaking role or preside over daily convention proceedings this week. The DNC Rules Committee has named Rep. Marcia

Fudge, D-Ohio, as permanent chair of the convention, according to a DNC source. She will gavel each session to order and will gavel each session closed.

"She's been quarantined," another top Democrat said of Wasserman Schultz, following a meeting Saturday night but before her announcement that she was leaving.

Earlier Sunday, David Axelrod, a former top adviser to Obama's presidential campaigns and a CNN senior political commentator, said Wasserman Schultz should resign.

"I would ask her to step aside. I would ask her to step aside because she's a distraction in a week that is Hillary Clinton's week," Axelrod told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

After she announced she was resigning, Axelrod tweeted, "I find this quibbling over whether @DWStweets leaves now or Friday silly. What difference does it make? She's out. She's leaving. Move on!"

Obama issued a statement, saying, "For the last eight years, Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz has had my back. This afternoon, I called her to let her know that I am grateful."

"Her leadership of the DNC has meant that we had someone who brought Democrats together not just for my re-election campaign, but for accomplishing the shared goals we have had for our country," the president added.

And Clinton thanked Wasserman Schultz for her leadership of the party.

"I am grateful to Debbie for getting the Democratic Party to this year's historic convention in Philadelphia, and I know that this week's events will be a success thanks to her hard work and leadership," Clinton said.

Donald Trump also weighed in, tweeting and misspelling Wasserman Schultz's name, "Today proves what I have always known, that @Reince Priebus is the tough one and the smart one, not Debbie Wasserman Shultz (@DWStweets.)"
DNC hack: What you need to know

Wasserman Schultz had reluctantly agreed to relinquish her speaking role at the convention here, a sign of her politically fragile standing. But party leaders urged the Florida congresswoman to vacate her position as head of the party entirely in the wake of leaked emails suggesting the DNC favored Clinton during the primary and tried to take down Sanders by questioning his religion.

She may briefly address the delegates on Monday for a few minutes at the convention, a scenario to which the Clinton and Sanders campaigns have tentatively agreed.

Wasserman Shultz had previously said she had no plans to seek re-election to her post as party leader when her term ends in January 2017.

Her stewardship of the DNC has been under fire through most of the presidential primary process, but her removal from the convention stage comes following the release of nearly 20,000 emails.
One email appears to show DNC staffers asking how they can reference Sanders' faith to weaken him in the eyes of Southern voters. Another seems to depict an attorney advising the committee on how to defend Hillary Clinton against an accusation by the Sanders campaign of not living up to a joint fundraising agreement.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Debbie is out.

Post by Riddick » 07-24-2016 05:28 PM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-24-2016 07:15 PM

Well, well, well....
LINK

Mission Accomplished at DNC, Clinton Hires Wasserman Schultz for Top Post
Clinton responds to party chair's resignation on Sunday by thanking "longtime friend" for her service at DNC and immediately naming her as honorary chair of her own campaign
by Jon Queally, staff writer

Though many progressives immediately responded by saying her ouster would not be enough to undo the damage her leadership has done, Democratic National Committee Chairperson Debbie Wasserman Schultz announced her resignation on Sunday afternoon, saying she would relinquish her post immediately following the party's national convention which begins Monday.

Her announcement comes just two days after a batch of leaked internal DNC emails showed evidence that party officials during the primary season had attempted to tip the scales in favor of Hillary Clinton against the insurgent campaign of Bernie Sanders. The emails appear to show top officials contemplating how they can undermine Sanders by pushing stories about his Jewish faith and questioning his ability to keep his campaign organized.

As journalist and radio host Sonali Kolhatkar tweeted:
Wikileaks managed to accomplish what many have attempted and failed to do for months now. https://t.co/b5MFcMIkbO

— Sonali Kolhatkar (@SonaliKolhatkar) July 24, 2016
Following Sunday's news, however, Clinton responded with a statement thanking her "longtime friend" for her service to the party and, seemingly without irony, announced that Wasserman Schultz would now serve as her campaign’s honorary chair.

"There's simply no one better at taking the fight to the Republicans than Debbie," Clinton said, "which is why I am glad that she has agreed to serve as honorary chair of my campaign's 50-state program to gain ground and elect Democrats in every part of the country, and will continue to serve as a surrogate for my campaign nationally, in Florida, and in other key states."

Throughout the campaign, Sanders and his top aides had expressed displeasure with "prejudice" exhibited by Wasserman Schultz in both deed and rhetoric. Since Spring, the campaign and many of its supporters had been calling for her resignation.

Not in time for it to matter very much, but those desires came true on Sunday.

"I know that electing Hillary Clinton as our next president is critical for America’s future. I look forward to serving as a surrogate for her campaign in Florida and across the country to ensure her victory," Wasserman Schultz said in her statement. "Going forward, the best way for me to accomplish those goals is to step down as Party Chair at the end of this convention."

As early as this morning, citing the leaked DNC emails, Sanders said it was past time for the chairperson to go. His reasoning, however, appeared to contradict Clinton's response when he said his disappointment with Wasserman Schultz was not just because of the "prejudice" that she and her staff showed throughout the campaign, but the signal she sends to potential voters about where the country should be headed. "I think we need new leadership of the Democratic Party," Sanders explained, "that is going to open up that party to working people and to young people—to have that kind of vitality we need to not only win the presidency, but also gain control of the Senate and the House as well."

Meanwhile, the party's communications director announced that longtime political operative and pundit Donna Brazile, currently the DNC’s vice chair, will take over as interim chair through the election.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 07-24-2016 07:59 PM

From the comments section...since when wasn't Wasserman the chair of Clinton's campaign?
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-25-2016 05:52 AM

So, Bernie was right (again) after all.............

And on the issue of keeping and bringing lost jobs back to the US, Hillary and her VP pick aren't inspiring either......

Clinton's VP Pick Fails to Inspire Progressives

Posted: July 24, 2016
Roger Bybee

For a candidate who must persuade American voters that she is fully committed to addressing the precarious economic position of tens of millions of Americans, Hillary Clinton’s “safe” choice of the pro-corporate centrist Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine may prove to be anything but sound judgment to counter the phony populism of Donald Trump.

It's hard to see how Kaine will strengthen Hillary Clinton’s aura of authenticity as a hard-charging fighter for significant reforms. Kaine will help Clinton’s chance to win the key state of Virginia with its thirteen electoral votes, but what appeal will he hold for key demographic groups where Clinton has fared poorly, including alienated blue-collar voters and the young?

Clinton clearly needs to inspire confidence that she thoroughly understands these voters' worries about falling wages, job insecurity, rising tuition and student loan debt, and disappearing pensions. But listening to Hillary Clinton during the primary campaign, it sometimes seemed like she was only faintly aware that 90 percent have been shut out of the economic “recovery.” She suffered significant defeats in Rust Belt states including Michigan, Indiana and Wisconsin which have been devastated by the forces of corporate globalization and deindustrialization.

Clinton’s carefully-calibrated and cautions policy prescriptions for the economy appear at times to betray a marked distance from the desperation for sweeping change felt by many working Americans. One chief factor fueling the growing sense of insecurity: the offshoring of U.S. jobs to such low-wage nations as Mexico and China, facilitated by “free-trade” agreements like NAFTA and the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership. From 2000 to 2010, America’s largest corporations slashed their U.S. work forces by 2.9 million while increasing employment overseas by 2.4 million.

http://www.progressive.org/news/2016/07 ... ogressives

As an elitist with a penchant for backing globalist agendas, Hillary (and now her VP) cement their publicly-held persona of not standing-up for the working people of this country.

We are so screwed........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-25-2016 08:21 AM

Hillary is such a BAD Democratic Candidate that the President, Democratic Senators and Representatives, The Media, And every Democrat in key positions , HAVE TO

PROTECT HER from what she has done to herself and Others(the people) . YES, you would think, someone would start to "Notice". Don't give up yet Kbot!
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-25-2016 08:37 AM

Remember also, she has two excellent films out "Exposing" her actions. I recommend both! Hill And Bill would make the "Mob" blush. :shock:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-25-2016 10:59 AM

Doka wrote:Hillary is such a BAD Democratic Candidate that the President, Democratic Senators and Representatives, The Media, And every Democrat in key positions , HAVE TO

PROTECT HER from what she has done to herself and Others(the people) . YES, you would think, someone would start to "Notice". Don't give up yet Kbot!
So, here comes the obvious question: "Why" do they need to protect her?

Bernie was right when he said "The fix is in..........", and he said this at the very start of his campaign.......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-25-2016 10:59 AM

Doka wrote:Remember also, she has two excellent films out "Exposing" her actions. I recommend both! Hill And Bill would make the "Mob" blush. :shock:
Films and books :mrgreen:

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-25-2016 06:16 PM

kbot wrote:
Doka wrote:Hillary is such a BAD Democratic Candidate that the President, Democratic Senators and Representatives, The Media, And every Democrat in key positions , HAVE TO

So, here comes the obvious question: "Why" do they need to protect her?

Bernie was right when he said "The fix is in..........", and he said this at the very start of his campaign.......

So "why the need to protect her"?

That's a really good question. Thinking about it, she is at the moment the Queen of a house of cards, especially for Obama and Soros, If they don't give her what was promised , she has the potential to destroy their dream of Global Power(NWO) and also destroy them. It's like they are all holding guns to each others heads and we have to wait and see if any one pulls the trigger. Soros loves her, "birds of a feather". Obama hates her, he is forced to protect her. Sounds like "Best Seller", the ending as yet to be revealed . :?:
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-25-2016 06:30 PM

A thought. Pretty sure Soros is not alone in his bid for world domination but he is the visible "front" man, some other names MIGHT be Bush, Rockefeller, Gates, for the locals, Europe has it's share. Just Follow The Money.
KARMA RULES

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-25-2016 06:44 PM

Doka wrote:A thought. Pretty sure Soros is not alone in his bid for world domination but he is the visible "front" man, some other names MIGHT be Bush, Rockefeller, Gates, for the locals, Europe has it's share. Just Follow The Money.
True, and while people have been trying to pin Trump to Putin, I'm not sure it's not Soros and Putin. Think about it.

The code which was used to hack the servers was Russian, but I have a hard time thinking Trump would have orchestrated that.

fos
Pirate

Post by fos » 07-25-2016 07:19 PM

Naturally, Billiary was clueless on this issue. She never has knowledge of anything that is not to her advantage. She is a blithering idiot.

Riddick
Pirate

Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s Image Tanks Again Due To IT Staffer Investigation

Post by Riddick » 07-26-2017 12:07 AM

Former DNC Chair Plagued By Scandal & Corruption

The Daily Caller reported on July 23 that the FBI recently seized smashed hard drives from the home of Congressional IT staffer Imran Awan, a former employee of Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz who maintains a personal and working relationship her. One year after emails leaked by WikiLeaks lead Wasserman Schultz to resign from her post as DNC chair, her ties to Awan have incorporated her in yet another political scandal.

Awan and four other former congressional IT staffers are being investigated by U.S. Capitol Police and the FBI for “wide-ranging equipment and data theft.” Few details have been released since the investigation was first reported in February 2017, but many have speculated that Wasserman Schultz is involved due to a tense exchange between her and the U.S. Capitol police chief over a laptop from her office being held as evidence. Last week, Wasserman Schultz finally cooperated with authorities to grant them access to a laptop, though it’s uncertain if the laptop in question is the same laptop Wasserman Schultz argued with the U.S. Capitol police chief over. Awan clearly went to great lengths to cover his tracks, but it’s unclear what his motives were.

After resigning in disgrace from the DNC, the investigation into Wasserman Schultz’s former IT aide has further tarnished her reputation. Despite her efforts to revive her image by focusing on Russia’s involvement in the 2016 election, the former DNC chair is still seen as a corrupt, out of touch politician who represents the worst of the Democratic Party. Her continued presence in Democratic leadership impedes the party’s reform and ensures that voters’ lack of trust for Democrats—which stemmed from her leadership at the DNC—remains.

Update: Fox News reporter Chad Pergram reported that Awan was detained on July 24 at Dulles Airport trying to flee the country. He was arraigned and surrendered his passport.

FULL STORY
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-26-2017 10:52 AM

Read this a few moments ago.......

Snippet:

Wasserman Schultz has refused to fire Imran, despite being a known criminal suspect in a cybersecurity probe for months, and has blocked Capitol Police from searching a laptop they confiscated because it was tied to him.

TheDCNF reported Sunday night that the FBI had joined the investigation and seized smashed hard drives from Imran’s home. The next day, the FBI apprehended him at Dulles Airport after noticing that he had purchased a ticket to Pakistan, via Qatar.

The affidavit says he was charged with bank fraud involving fraudulently taking out mortgages, which was one of several financial schemes The Daily Caller News Foundation has detailed. It appears to be a placeholder for future charges, spurred because of the attempt to leave the country, and does not mention his work for Congress, which is the investigation’s primary focus.
http://dailysignal.com/2017/07/26/wasse ... 300k-wire/

What is it with Wasserman Schultz, Hillary and the DNC??????

I can understand the Dems and their Russian probe, but, honestly, this bears investigation as well. People are getting fed-up with both Parties

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”