NBC in the DNC Pocket?

Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

NBC in the DNC Pocket?

Post by voguy » 07-24-2016 07:06 PM

LINK TO STORY

Nothing to see here? NBC News’ Chuck Todd responds after being named in #DNCLeak email
Posted at 11:57 am on July 23, 2016 by Doug P.

These e-mails have the media in full-on defense mode. https://t.co/oZN6ECQVHc
— Don't Panic (@CoryWCrow) July 23, 2016
Yesterday, Wikileaks released a trove of 20,000 emails they say were sent and received by the Democratic National Committee between January 2015 to May 2016.
NBC News’ Chuck Todd was named in one such email purportedly from the head of the DNC demanding to speak with him:
NBC reporter @chucktodd takes direct orders from DNC without disclosing it to public #DNCLeaks pic.twitter.com/7sbeQSPwUA
— Roosh (@rooshv) July 22, 2016
Todd responded this way:
@rooshv lots of misleading stuff on Twitter but this takes the cake. Total distortion. I receive coverage complaints daily from all over
— Chuck Todd (@chucktodd) July 22, 2016
Many didn’t find that response satisfactory:
Would you care to share with us the equivalent kind of correspondence you've had with Republicans? https://t.co/SpdnxrrbF2
— Notorious LB (@dustopian) July 23, 2016
Story of the year, "DNC chair attempts to rig election by strongarming media," lands in your lap and you ignore? https://t.co/RVssCxLMhf
— Eric Spencer (@JustEric) July 23, 2016
It wasn't "on twitter"… it was in your own e-mails. https://t.co/gECRNAM9Lw
— EducatédHillbilly™ (@RobProvince) July 23, 2016
You're free to clear the record, but to anyone with a brain the email looks like a boss talking down to an underling https://t.co/KsO2dInj02
— Roosh (@rooshv) July 23, 2016
This doesn't really address the issue at all, Chuck. Will you be giving a more comprehensive response? https://t.co/JPtx6qqZv7
— LMR (@LilMissRightie) July 23, 2016
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Doka
Pirate

Re: NBC in the DNC Pocket?

Post by Doka » 07-24-2016 08:16 PM

Wait a minute now , I need to understand something, please. NBC is in the DNC pocket, has been for a long time. At any rate , my question is , why would there "Polls" be any more credible ? :confused:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-25-2016 04:01 PM

Ya take what you can get, and weigh the honestly. Which I have to say is not much since Todd was caught interacting with the DNC.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 07-25-2016 05:33 PM

Seems like we have learned more about Gov corruption during this election than any other. Or should I say all that we suspected has proven to be true. Thanks to Bernie and the weird Trump rise.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-25-2016 06:42 PM

Raggedyann wrote:Seems like we have learned more about Gov corruption during this election than any other. Or should I say all that we suspected has proven to be true. Thanks to Bernie and the weird Trump rise.
And it's getting uglier tonight. I don't know if you have US TV up there, but there are rumors the Sanders people may shout down the convention tonight.

According to a bud who was a photo there, the whole scene has been testy. Nobody assaulted, but in the DWS meeting today a Hillary supporter threatened to deck a Bernie supporter, and he was removed "quickly". I would not be surprised if something happens in the next 48 hours.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 07-25-2016 07:50 PM

voguy wrote:
Raggedyann wrote:Seems like we have learned more about Gov corruption during this election than any other. Or should I say all that we suspected has proven to be true. Thanks to Bernie and the weird Trump rise.
And it's getting uglier tonight. I don't know if you have US TV up there, but there are rumors the Sanders people may shout down the convention tonight.

According to a bud who was a photo there, the whole scene has been testy. Nobody assaulted, but in the DWS meeting today a Hillary supporter threatened to deck a Bernie supporter, and he was removed "quickly". I would not be surprised if something happens in the next 48 hours.
We've been getting US channels for 40 yrs up here. In the 80's, our town council pirated a satellite feed for us all and then the big boys shut it down. We had it for about 3 yrs and shortly after that we got legit cable and satellite.

I have the TV on but haven't seen anybody trying to shut things down yet. The night is young tho. :)
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-25-2016 09:04 PM

Been "headline" hopping , From what I gather, the DNC convention has been described in a couple places as "Eating It's Self". And the usual speakers on "Its all Trumps Fault". By the way, did you know they built a nice tall WALL around the DNC convention area?

Photos:
8 ft x 4 mile fence

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/dnc-er ... tion-site/

Kinda Ironic :roll:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 07-25-2016 09:37 PM

Doka wrote:Been "headline" hopping , From what I gather, the DNC convention has been described in a couple places as "Eating It's Self". And the usual speakers on "Its all Trumps Fault". By the way, did you know they built a nice tall WALL around the DNC convention area?

Photos:
8 ft x 4 mile fence

Well at least on the public stage they are standing united.

I have it on in case something exciting happens but doesn't look like that's going to happen, so I'll switch to netflix and watch a good British mini series. :)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-25-2016 10:07 PM

What are you watching on netflix? I've been watching "Happy Valley". Very much miss-named. It 97 ° here ugh!
KARMA RULES

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 07-25-2016 11:05 PM

Doka wrote:What are you watching on netflix? I've been watching "Happy Valley". Very much miss-named. It 97 ° here ugh!
I've been watching a mini series called "Dancing On The Edge". The story is about a Black jazz band leader in London in the 30's. Stars Chiwetel Ejiofor and John Goodman. It has romance, murder and fantastic music.

I envy you. It is 59 right now and supposed to be 70 tomorrow. Never gets above 75 here. My grandson just came back from driving down the Oregon Coast and he said it was blazing hot.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-26-2016 05:42 AM

My personal takeaway from the DNC is that while Sanders may have come as close as he could possibly, without directly saying that he endorses Hillary, many Sanders supporters are not all-in.

What people like myself would like to see is for Hillary to be a woman of her word, and her word to the American people is that she would (a) protect the American worker, and (b) as she's showing in her commercials "Let her do all the worrying......".

This being the case then, Hillary should immediately announce that she will (a) repudiate the TPP, and (b) review existing trade agreements as this is already called for in the trade agreements and they have been an utter failure for the American workers - both lower and middle classes.

Hillary has so far, refused to do this. If she would make this a binding stipulation of her candidacy, then I think she could win over Sanders supports.

But, in looking at Hillary's history - and let's get past the lying and obstruction and just look at her history with supporting international corporations and Wall St's corporate interests - how ANYONE can sincerely believe that she is a friend to American workers is beyond me.

Snippets:

Why Some of Bernie Sanders’s Supporters Are Angry

Closely allied to this suspicion is a feeling that many politicians are in hock to corporations and special-interest groups—the very entities that the D.N.C. spends a lot of time cultivating in its never-ending search for campaign contributions. As well as coördinating Democratic campaigns at the local, state, and national levels, and organizing Presidential debates and Conventions, the committee acts as a drop box for big money. Under current campaign laws, the most that individuals and corporations can give to individual candidates is twenty-seven hundred dollars. But they can give much more to accounts controlled by the D.N.C. So far in the 2016 election cycle, according to OpenSecrets.org, the committee has raised $128,327,060. The top ten contributors include a big hedge fund (Renaissance Technologies), a big Wall Street firm (Blackstone Group), and a big tech company (Microsoft).

As for Kaine, I noted on Saturday some of the reasons he appealed to Clinton: he’s from a swing state; he speaks Spanish; he’s a smart, personable, center-left politician. But if you put yourself in the shoes of a typical Sanders supporter, it is easy to see Kaine as part of the problem rather than as part of the solution. He himself chaired the Democratic National Committee, from 2009 to 2011. He’s pro-free trade (despite a purported flip-flop, over the weekend, on the Trans-Pacific Partnership). As governor of Virginia, he supported the state’s anti-union “right to work” law. And he’s got a history of taking gifts from corporations and wealthy individuals, including flights on private jets and a Caribbean vacation at an exclusive villa that was designed for the late Princess Margaret.

In Virginia and Washington, even among Republicans, Kaine has a reputation as a straight shooter and a “nice guy”—the phrase that Sanders used to describe him on Sunday. He started out as a civil-rights lawyer, after all. It’s a long way, though, from defending inmates on death row to flying on a private aircraft paid for by a big pharmaceuticals company and signing a letter calling on federal regulators to relax restrictions on big regional banks. Is it any wonder that the Sanders demonstrators marching down Broad Street aren’t overly enthusiastic about Kaine’s selection?

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cass ... -are-angry
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-26-2016 04:36 PM

Doka wrote:Been "headline" hopping , From what I gather, the DNC convention has been described in a couple places as "Eating It's Self". And the usual speakers on "Its all Trumps Fault". By the way, did you know they built a nice tall WALL around the DNC convention area?
Photos:
8 ft x 4 mile fence
Didn't the 1st Lady say we don't have any fences? We don't keep people out. Oh yeah, she forgot about that thing at the southern boarder.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-26-2016 04:38 PM

Bernie supporters have EVERY reason to be angry. I also wonder if the case could not be made for fraud for money donated to his campaign with the thought of him competing, and now the revelation that the fix was in. Bait and switch?
kbot wrote:Why Some of Bernie Sanders’s Supporters Are Angry
Closely allied to this suspicion is a feeling that many politicians are in hock to corporations and special-interest groups—the very entities that the D.N.C. spends a lot of time cultivating in its never-ending search for campaign contributions. As well as coördinating Democratic campaigns at the local, state, and national levels, and organizing Presidential debates and Conventions, the committee acts as a drop box for big money. Under current campaign laws, the most that individuals and corporations can give to individual candidates is twenty-seven hundred dollars. But they can give much more to accounts controlled by the D.N.C. So far in the 2016 election cycle, according to OpenSecrets.org, the committee has raised $128,327,060. The top ten contributors include a big hedge fund (Renaissance Technologies), a big Wall Street firm (Blackstone Group), and a big tech company (Microsoft).

As for Kaine, I noted on Saturday some of the reasons he appealed to Clinton: he’s from a swing state; he speaks Spanish; he’s a smart, personable, center-left politician. But if you put yourself in the shoes of a typical Sanders supporter, it is easy to see Kaine as part of the problem rather than as part of the solution. He himself chaired the Democratic National Committee, from 2009 to 2011. He’s pro-free trade (despite a purported flip-flop, over the weekend, on the Trans-Pacific Partnership). As governor of Virginia, he supported the state’s anti-union “right to work” law. And he’s got a history of taking gifts from corporations and wealthy individuals, including flights on private jets and a Caribbean vacation at an exclusive villa that was designed for the late Princess Margaret.

In Virginia and Washington, even among Republicans, Kaine has a reputation as a straight shooter and a “nice guy”—the phrase that Sanders used to describe him on Sunday. He started out as a civil-rights lawyer, after all. It’s a long way, though, from defending inmates on death row to flying on a private aircraft paid for by a big pharmaceuticals company and signing a letter calling on federal regulators to relax restrictions on big regional banks. Is it any wonder that the Sanders demonstrators marching down Broad Street aren’t overly enthusiastic about Kaine’s selection?

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cass ... -are-angry

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”