What did you last make??

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Re: What did you last make??

Post by Riddick » 11-12-2016 07:20 PM

kbot wrote:Made my wife cold lobster salad with hearts of romaine lettuce, some large cold shrimp with cocktail sauce and lemons, a couple of rock crabs and some selected cheeses and garlic crostini followed by chocolate cheesecake.

She's had a crazy week at work and at 63 she's learning how to use a computer for the first time, so.........
What, no Soylent?

Good. A novice puter user doesn't need to vomit on the keyboard.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-14-2016 08:17 AM

Nah, she's doing well and is getting a kick out of it. Her stress level's been really high for most of this year between her leaving work to care for her ailing Mom, who passed away the evening before Mother's Day. She'd been out of work since early February, and despite having 40-plus years experience as a nurse, she was having difficulty finding work in her prior pay range. But, things seem to have turned a corner and she's found a job she likes and she's learning new skills as well.

I'm thinking grilled surf & turf (filet mignon and large grilled shrimp) this week, depending on the weather and her work schedule.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 02-08-2017 11:32 PM

I last made a glass of orange drink........ (Kool aid)

Riddick
Pirate

ORANGE You Afraid Of A Fate WORSE THAN Death?

Post by Riddick » 02-09-2017 12:17 AM

Dude111 wrote:I last made a glass of orange drink........ (Kool aid)
OMG! Dude! Tell me you didn't make it for yourself!

I mean, it doesn't matter how good it tastes, you drink the Kool-Aid, who knows what might happen! You could die - OR WORSE you could have horrible flashbacks to the days of DISCO

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Hershey? Shmershy! MAKE YOUR CHOCOLATE MILK TRULY CHOCO-RIFFIC

Post by Riddick » 03-12-2017 12:28 AM

Who's made chocolate milk lately? Or is thinking of it? ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES

No sticky syrup mess! Life's too short to use anything but the VERY BEST KWIM?

-Donald Trump Image

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 03-23-2017 03:41 AM

I last made a glass of chocolate Milk :)

Riddick
Pirate

ATTA BOY!!

Post by Riddick » 03-23-2017 03:33 PM

Dude111 wrote:I last made a glass of chocolate Milk :)
:conan:

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Yes, You Could Say I Was Hungry

Post by Riddick » 03-28-2017 12:58 AM

I last made myself 3 egg salad on pumpernickel sandwiches

Boy were they good... it took me longer to make them than to eat them!!

-Donald Trump Image

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 06-18-2017 01:15 AM

Im about to make myself some beef ravioli :) (mmmmmmmmmm)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-24-2017 10:06 PM

I last made myself some hard-boiled eggs. No nuts, though

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-26-2017 07:51 PM

Crock-Pot chicken, it was good, despite my cooking. :?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Re: Hershey? Shmershy! MAKE YOUR CHOCOLATE MILK TRULY CHOCO-RIFFIC

Post by kbot » 06-27-2017 05:52 AM

Riddick wrote:Who's made chocolate milk lately? Or is thinking of it? ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES

No sticky syrup mess! Life's too short to use anything but the VERY BEST KWIM?

Effects of our wonderful public school system......????????? :conan: GO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survey: Millions Believe Chocolate Milk Comes From Brown Cows

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Some adults don’t know where chocolate milk comes from, and we’re a little concerned.

A survey from the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy found that 7 percent of American adults think chocolate milk comes from brown cows. And if that percentage sounds small enough to be reasonable, hang onto your hats: 7 percent of American adults is about 17.3 million people.

That’s right, folks. Millions of people have somehow made it this far in life without realizing that chocolate flavoring doesn’t come out of a cow.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/0 ... rown-cows/
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-27-2017 11:32 AM

Then there are the ones that know for a fact that, you have to kill the cow to get the milk.............. :rolleyes:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-27-2017 11:49 PM

Urbanized folks have a lot to learn about the dairy business. So, inquiring minds want to know, it'd make sense to go straight to the source, right? Maybe, but they may not get straight answers -

A summer visitor from the city asked the farmer how long cows should be milked.

The farmer replied "Oh, I reckon about the same as short ones!"

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-28-2017 10:47 AM

Here in New England we have a drink called coffee milk - basically milk with coffee syrup in it - it's a regional thing, mostly RI. Anyway, my wife told me about s trip she had taken to Ohio when she was young (about five) and asked the waitress at the diner for coffee milk, and she was brought, you guessed, it a cup of coffee and a glass of milk.

Return to “The Brig”