Trump In Action

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Re: Trump In Action

Post by Doka » 06-19-2018 01:39 PM

That's funny, your MSM does that all the time! :lol:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-19-2018 01:42 PM

Doka wrote: 06-19-2018 01:39 PM That's funny, your MSM does that all the time! :lol:
Show me a credible example please.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-19-2018 02:04 PM

Liberals wrongly link 2014 photo showing illegal immigrants in cages to Trump administration

Some liberal activists and journalists scrambled Sunday and Monday to delete tweets and social media posts incorrectly linking the Trump administration to an old photo of detained illegal-immigrant minors being held in a cage.

The 2014 shot was actually taken during the Obama administration.

The photo went viral as liberals — perhaps spurred by unrelated reports that Homeland Security “lost track of” almost 1,500 illegal-immigrant minors after they were released — mistakenly assumed the shot was taken much more recently, and rushed to criticize Trump administration “cruelty.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... es-libera/
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-19-2018 02:21 PM

Merkley Never got inside the place!

JUNE 6. 2018
Jeff Merkley’s claims about immigrant children in ‘cages,’ access to a Texas shelter
Snippet:
In the days before Merkley’s trip, some Democrats — including former Los Angeles mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Jon Favreau, a former speechwriter for President Barack Obama — tweeted pictures of the Nogales facility and criticized the Trump administration for holding immigrant kids in draconian settings.

It turned out the Nogales photos were taken during the Obama administration, in 2014, as several fact-checkers were quick to note. Favreau and Villaraigosa deleted their tweets. But then Merkley said he saw these cages with his own two eyes in McAllen.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checke ... 9f42c8700d
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-19-2018 03:19 PM

Well, well. Kbot you have taken a stand! You fashionably care about these children, at the sacrifice of your own childrens future, your own future, very noble indeed. Joining the Obama/Soros plan to over throw your own country. You must be sure and tell your new Dictators how you stood up for them, for the children, not yours, but theirs. Actually it makes you just moral as those paid to drag children for the paid for invasion, and no more rule of law.

You do know that this "Policy" can be changed by Congress only under our Constitution, oh wait !Do you see any liberals in congress putting up a fuss to do so? So you agree we don't really need the Constitution either?

Well, at least I am SURE that YOU have made your Informed convictions (beliefs) on all the information available. Including all consequences that may or may not follow. Not emotional drivel.!

Do you understand yet on what kind of world you really live on? Just wondering.
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-19-2018 03:41 PM

Jon-Marcus wrote: 06-19-2018 02:58 AM Actually I wasn't asking anyone specific. It was/ is an open question to anyone at all.
I didn't read through the 22 pages of this thread and apparently stepped into the middle of a... ahhh ..... heated debate.
Please , don't let the old Yankee Cajun derail the runaway train. Do continue. :D
Hi Jon-Marcus, good to see you post. Your question is Valid. If you run across an answer I hope you will share. Because I have exhausted every " rational" explination I can come up with. :confused:
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-19-2018 04:29 PM

They got ya right where they want you :evilpengu

Flashback: Both Hillary And Obama Advocated Separating Migrant Families, Strict Border Control

While the left rages against "separated migrant children" which they blame on President Trump's "zero tolerance" enforcement policy of Bush-era rules, several "inconvenient" video clips have cropped up revealing both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama advocating virtually the same border policy they are currently attacking Trump over.

For example, Hillary Clinton said during a 2014 CNN Town Hall;

"We have to send a clear message, just because your child gets across the border - doesn't mean your child gets to stay"

Watch the Video!
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06- ... ies-strict
KARMA RULES

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-19-2018 05:29 PM

Doka wrote: 06-19-2018 03:19 PM

You do know that this "Policy" can be changed by Congress only under our Constitution, oh wait !Do you see any liberals in congress putting up a fuss to do so? So you agree we don't really need the Constitution either?
A big fat load of BS, Do you think Kbot is that stupid he wouldn't have looked into this? :roll:

Despite Trump’s attempts to shift blame for these bad headlines to Democrats, the policy is all his own. As Chief of Staff John Kelly told NPR in an interview three weeks ago, the plan to forcibly separate mothers from their children was explicitly designed as a “tough deterrent” to scare immigrants from trying to enter the U.S. “The children will be taken care of—put into foster care or whatever,” he said flippantly. “But the big point is they elected to come illegally into the United States and this is a technique that no one hopes will be used extensively or for very long.” He also implied that those who wished to come across the border were “overwhelmingly rural” people who would find assimilating into the U.S. difficult. “They don’t speak English. They don’t integrate well. They don’t have skills.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/05 ... -democrats
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-19-2018 05:55 PM

TRUMP BLAMES HIS OWN CRUEL CHILD-SEPARATION POLICY ON DEMOCRATS

Amid growing outrage over his administration's policy of separating migrant families crossing the U.S. border, President Donald Trump on Saturday pretended that it wasn’t his problem, and suggested the blame should lie with Democrats. “Put pressure on the Democrats to end the horrible law that separates children from there [sic] parents once they cross the Border into the U.S.,” he tweeted. “Catch and Release, Lottery and Chain must also go with it and we MUST continue building the WALL! DEMOCRATS ARE PROTECTING MS-13 THUGS.”

Like many things Trump tweets, however, the idea that Democrats are responsible for what is happening at the border is nonsense. As the Associated Press notes, the previous “catch and release” policy Trump and his administration cite as the reason for increased border crossings was put into place in 2008 by then-president George W. Bush, and was primarily created to combat the influx of children fleeing to the U.S. from Central American countries due to a surge of child trafficking. Under Trump, however, that policy has changed. In the past, the Office of Refugee Resettlement traditionally placed unaccompanied minors—that is, children who cross the border without a parent—in government-run detention centers. If a parent and a child came together, they would be processed together. In recent months, however, the Trump administration has begun forcibly taking children from their parents—some as young as one year old—and warehousing them in facilities far away from their parents, as if they had crossed the border alone.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/05 ... -democrats

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 06-20-2018 12:55 AM

Doka wrote: 06-19-2018 03:41 PM
Jon-Marcus wrote: 06-19-2018 02:58 AM Actually I wasn't asking anyone specific. It was/ is an open question to anyone at all.
I didn't read through the 22 pages of this thread and apparently stepped into the middle of a... ahhh ..... heated debate.
Please , don't let the old Yankee Cajun derail the runaway train. Do continue. :D
Hi Jon-Marcus, good to see you post. Your question is Valid. If you run across an answer I hope you will share. Because I have exhausted every " rational" explination I can come up with. :confused:
I don't know about an answer, but I have an opinion and a theory on why so much hate.
1. the campaign.
Trump paid for his own campaign. Therefore he doesn't owe any one for getting elected. No corporations, no lobbyists, no one. The result; hate from all those who would have been owed favors IF trump had played the normal political campaign game.
2. the main stream media.
During the campaign the media loved trump, giving him far more coverage than they did Hillary. By normal standards msm should have gotten something good in return, but didn't. Trump again didn't follow the "rules". Result; MSM spins everything Trump says or does ( or doesn't say or do) in a negative light.
3.Democrats / Liberals.
Hillary was their dream candidate and they nor she can accept that she lost. But she did lose. And with that loss went millions of dollars dumped into her campaign by a lot of powerful backers. Money they will never see again. Might as well have just burned it. She was supposed to win. This folds back into # 2 to create even more hate.
4. Electing a President.
The Popular Vote has no bearing on electing the president. That is decided by the Electoral Collage alone. That means that "We the People" don't really have much say in the matter, depending on what state you live in. The Texas Electoral votes only for the Republican candidate because Texas is a Republican state. IE: my vote does NOT mean ****. Now in some "swing" states the E.C. votes with the majority of voters while in others the EC votes as they please. Swing states are also the only states candidates actually go to during campaigns.
5. Donald Trump
Trump is not, and never has been, a politician. He's a billionaire businessman who did what he wasn't supposed to do. That being getting elected President of the United States. But he doesn't play by the politician's handbook. He plays by his own handbook. Nobody has any leverage on him and he doesn't owe any favors, but he does run off at the mouth a lot. And that, boys and girls, pisses off all the haters that much more. So the thing to do is try to tear him down any way possible as much and often as possible.
That's theory and my opinion.
"You have forgotten the face of your father." Roland Deschain

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-20-2018 01:22 AM

TONY PERKINS: SESSIONS TALKING TO LAWMAKERS ABOUT USING DNA TESTS TO VERIFY PARENTS OF IMMIGRANT CHILDREN

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is exploring the possibility of using DNA tests to verify the parentage of illegal alien adults who attempt to cross the southern border with children, Family Research Council President Tony Perkins said in a statement Tuesday after interviewing Sessions on his radio show Washington Watch.

“Sessions is talking to congressional members and is hoping for a legislative fix. The AG wants an immigration policy that is just, fair and enforceable. They talked about making sure that these really are the parents of these kids,” Perkins said.

He continued, “They are looking at how to use DNA tests in the field to verify they are parents and not traffickers. The reality is if American parents put their kids through what these immigrant parents have done to their kids — they would be charged with child abuse.”

Around 12,000 children are currently in the custody of Health and Human Services after entering the United States. According to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirsten Nielsen, 10,000 of the 12,000 children in the care of HHS arrived in the U.S. as unaccompanied minors.

“We know for a fact that a lot of adults taking children along are not related to them. [They] could be muggers. They could be human traffickers. It’s a very unhealthy dangerous thing and it needs to end. We need to return to a good lawful system,” Sessions told Perkins on his broadcast.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/19/tony- ... dna-tests/
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-20-2018 02:32 AM

Jon-marcus , Your points are well taken . And I do agree that Trump has never worn a pair of "Velvet Gloves"as they say, and has a lot of cringe worthy moments.

What do you think it would have been, like, after a year and half into Hillary??
KARMA RULES

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-20-2018 03:09 AM

Doka - The fake media examples you used are lame at best. Come on surely you can scrounge something up from the MAINSTREAM media?

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-20-2018 06:10 AM

Doka wrote: 06-19-2018 03:19 PM Well, well. Kbot you have taken a stand! You fashionably care about these children, at the sacrifice of your own childrens future, your own future, very noble indeed. Joining the Obama/Soros plan to over throw your own country. You must be sure and tell your new Dictators how you stood up for them, for the children, not yours, but theirs. Actually it makes you just moral as those paid to drag children for the paid for invasion, and no more rule of law.

Well, at least I am SURE that YOU have made your Informed convictions (beliefs) on all the information available. Including all consequences that may or may not follow. Not emotional drivel.!

Do you understand yet on what kind of world you really live on? Just wondering.
Well Doka, I don't see this situation as bleakly as you do. When you reference my family what you are unaware of is that when my family arrived, some came here after fleeing famine in Ireland. They came here via England where they were not welcome. In facts, riots spread across the Midlands of England in response to the rush of Irish immigrants flooding the English manufacturing centers. When they arrived here in Massachusetts, they were met with "No Irish Need Apply" signs. My Portuguese ancestors were met with derogatory chants of "greenhorns!!!!" and "Why don't you speak English!!!!!" chants (which still echo today). My French-Canadian ancestors, while met with literally thousands of other French-Canadians, were not accepted by the Protestant English here who ran the mills and rented the three-deckers. And my Polish ancestors fleeing a country which no longer politically existed, having been absorbed by the Austro-Hungarian Empire were viewed by the natives here, since they were Eastern European, as being the lowest of the low - filthy cabbage-eaters who, dressed and spoke differently than those who were, in their view, "better".

But, ya know, Doka, somehow, the country survived. The sky hasn't fallen (yet). Most people of those earlier generations did not rush to go on government assistance, and even if eligible, found the concept distasteful. Many of my family, way back when believed in substance living, which riled their neighbors who lived here for generations as they would plant home gardens, which saved them during the Great Depression and stood them in good stead during the shortages of WWII. If anything now, we, (at least in the Northeast), have very diversified communities. We can, within a matter of city blocks, enjoy food and traditions that span the globe. During the year we can attend cultural events from multiple countries.

Italians skilled in fishing have brought their culture to a number of restaurants across the region, Portuguese, French and Irish have brought their skills in cloth-making and have improved neighborhoods. More recent arrivals from Cambodia and Vietnam have transformed the culinary scene while opening Buddhist temples to the public. Brazilians and others from Mexico and Central America have found work ranging from landscaping, to cleaning to healthcare - as well as opening a number of restaurants.

My wife is a third-generation French-Canadian/ Portuguese/ Italian and is almost fluent in Portuguese. I am either seventh-or third-generation something or other, depending on "which side" one is looking-at. I can't speak anything other than English but can read some French and Polish. Here in New England, generally, we tend to celebrate our diverse backgrounds, rather than rush to bemoan the loss of some imagined Golden Age of WASP-ascendancy.

Although it is definitely not PC in today's highly charged political climate, I still believe in morals and treating people with dignity, and also believe (IMHO) that we should as a society act in a way which our society claims that we are, namely a country with Judeo-Christian roots.

If this is that case, then, we should follow as instructed in regards to immigrants and refugees:

Leviticus 19:33-34
When an alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress the alien. The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself; for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Matthew 25:34-37a, 40
Then this king will say to those at his right hand, “Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.” Then the righteous will answer him, “Lord, when …?” And the king will answer them, “Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.”

Hebrews 13:2
Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it.

Just my beliefs Doka, but I just don't understand the **** that this country has become. Although as a Taurus, I am normally adverse to change, change in inevitable. One thing I've learned is that if I choose to continuously fight, my blood pressure will only go up....... :mrgreen:
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 06-20-2018 06:35 AM

Doka wrote: 06-20-2018 02:32 AM
What do you think it would have been, like, after a year and half into Hillary??
THAT is nightmare I'd rather not contemplate.
"You have forgotten the face of your father." Roland Deschain

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”