What did you last make??

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Re: What did you last make??

Post by Doka » 09-18-2018 03:05 AM

2 baked chicken thighs and small salad. I'm out of chocolate.....gasp! :messedup:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Semi-Healthy Late Night Snacking

Post by Riddick » 09-28-2018 12:51 AM

A brat on a bun w/mustard, thousand island salad w/lettuce, ham, chicken, cheese, bacon bits & croutons, some deviled egg potato salad, Sacramento vegetable juice for beverage & a fudge walnut brownie for dessert

Eating right at night, kinda sorta
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 09-30-2018 02:12 PM

3 pieces bacon, 2 scrambled eggs. It's Sunday, liven high! :D
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 09-30-2018 03:38 PM

3 bacon and tomato sandwiches on whole grain white bread...

Made with garden tomatoes. Livin' high on a Sunday! WOOHOO
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Late Night Breakfast Snacking

Post by Riddick » 10-03-2018 12:26 AM

3 eggs fried in bacon grease, 2 strips of bacon, 2 slices of whole grain white toast with butter & tomato juice

Breakfast is my favorite meal any time of day!

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-03-2018 11:45 AM

Whipped-up a batch of tzatziki - we used to get the kind sold in grocery stores, but my wife and I recently went to a Greek festival in RI, and what they had was much less watery than what you find in stores. The thing is, the parishoners made all the food, so this wasn't something you could just go to a deli to buy. Really thick, almost like Philadelphia cream cheese, but, since it's made with yogurt, it has les fat, and using no-fat Greek yogurt, it made it fat-free.

We've been using it as an alternative to tartar sauce with fish, but you can also use it as a dip, and also with lamb (if you like lamb....).

Plenty of recipes online but the key is to strain al of the liquid out of the yogurt - I out a large container into some cheesecloth and wound it up as tight as I could, put it into a colander, covered by small plate with some weight on top to press down the ball even more. Put the colander into a bowl and put it into the refrigerator. Let sit overnight and during the day while I was at work.

The next night I unwrapped the ball and mixed-in one half of a diced peeled cored cucumber, some garlic (use either two cloves diced small, or two teaspoons diced store bought), some salt and lemon to taste, and some chopped dill. Just mix everything up and let it sit in the refrigerator to let the flavors mix.

Had it the next day with some salmon and my wife loved it.

You could also use as a spread instead of cream cheese, like on a bagel, or pita bread, or pita chips....... or veggies. Haven't tried with Doritos though.......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

OOoo It's So GOOD!

Post by Riddick » 10-03-2018 04:24 PM

Hey now kbot, after that last post of yours I hereby nominate you for the position of resident Mr Food here at the FF. BTW, just so you know, holding that title'd require you to end each post in this thread with his signature catchphrase.

Of course, you can do that even if you don't accept the position. But if you're going to do it anyway, you may as well hold the honor KWIM?

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-03-2018 06:41 PM

I dunno Riddick. Them's awfully large shoes to fill............ But thanks for the thought

There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Making It So, Now & Forever

Post by Riddick » 10-04-2018 01:31 AM

Well, kbot, if you're uncomfortable being the FF's Mr. Food, I'll withdraw the nomination. If you ever change your mind do let me know, I'll keep the position open

In lieu of filling that title, in overdue recognition of his longstanding & meritorious determination and dedication to his No. 1 culinary craft? I hereby nominate The Dude for the position of the FF's Mr. Chocolate Milk, Organic Whole, with all the honors and accolades that go with it.

Humble fella he is, I hope he can handle the spotlight & celebrity. Last thing I'd want is that it swells his head.

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Late Nite Leftover Snacking

Post by Riddick » 10-09-2018 12:31 AM

Meat loaf, mashed potatoes & gravy, Yoplait harvest peach yogurt, an Entenmann's frosted chocolate donut & diet Faygo Moon Mist

Kinda mundane menu but still tasty

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-10-2018 11:08 AM

Huge pot of chicken & rice soup from scratch using a whole chicken and the broth from cooking it along with a couple large cans of chicken broth, some carrots, onion and celery. My wife & I headed over the Deerfield, Mass, which isn't all that far from the Berkshires, just to get out and to enjoy the early foliage. On the way back the weather started to change and by the time the holiday rolled you knew it was fall and my wife just craved some soup with the cooler weather....... Also gave me an excuse to try out my new cast iron Dutch oven made right here in the USA (real heavy sucker!!!!!!!)

Riddick
Pirate

Garden Variety Late Nite Snacking

Post by Riddick » 10-11-2018 12:21 AM

3 bacon and real tomato sandwiches on white toast, a banana & diet wild cherry Pepsi

Love those garden tomatoes, can't get enough of 'em!

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Late Nite Snacking Like There's No Tomorrow

Post by Riddick » 10-18-2018 12:21 AM

A bacon and garden tomato sandwich on whole grain white toast, 4 fried in bacon grease eggs with 2 slices classic Italian bread from the bakery, diet Big K Citrus Drop soda, and a slice of frosted Swiss chocolate cake

Eat what you like while you can, folks. Sure as carbon taxes are coming, your favorite foods will be going.

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Full Moon Late Nite Snacking

Post by Riddick » 10-23-2018 11:49 PM

Homemade double quarter pound cheeseburger with bacon, tomato, pickles, raw & fried onions, ketchup & yellow mustard

For beverage? Diet Faygo Moon Mist

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Late Nite Noodling

Post by Riddick » 10-26-2018 12:37 AM

Spaghetti with super chunky onion & garlic sauce, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, bratwurst bits and grated cheddar & monterey jack cheese

For beverage? Diet Faygo Moon Mist

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “The Brig”