Olivia De Havilland Takes ‘Feud’ Feud With FX & Ryan Murphy To Supreme Court

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-06-2018 11:17 AM

Any body remember Olivia De Havilland? She was a movie star back in the days when glamorous women where not illegal nor undressed. I remember her from "Gone With The Wind". Who knew she was still alive! And fighting for her "honor", no less.

EXCLUSIVE: After more than a year of fighting FX and Ryan Murphy over her depiction in Feud, Olivia de Havilland has kept her word and is taking her case to the Supreme Court.

“We must persevere and speak truth to power,” the 102-year-old two-time Oscar winner said Friday as her attorneys petitioned SCOTUS in the ongoing legal battle. “The fight is itself important to the principle of honesty, so much in need today in the face of deliberate public confusion for selfish agendas,” she added in a statement from her Paris home (read it in full here).
Suzanne Tenner/FX

Having suffered a number of legal setbacks and defeats since filing her lawsuit in June 2017, — including the California Supreme Court’s decision in July not to review her case — de Havilland is seeking to have the nation’s highest court re-examine what jurisdictions in the Golden State have decided. “The Court of Appeal’s decision is a radical departure from traditional First Amendment precedent, and benefits no group other than those who seek to use the names and identities of others in untrue and salacious ‘historical dramas’ for their own profit,” said ,” said the actress’ attorney Suzelle Smith of Horwarth & Smith in Los Angeles.

Rest of Story
https://deadline.com/2018/10/olivia-de- ... 202477596/
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

A Different World

Post by Riddick » 10-06-2018 03:10 PM

Doka wrote: 10-06-2018 11:17 AM Any body remember Olivia De Havilland? She was a movie star back in the days when glamorous women where not illegal nor undressed. I remember her from "Gone With The Wind". Who knew she was still alive! And fighting for her "honor", no less.
Ha! That reminds me of some Groucho-isms, directed at the Marx Brothers' long time female foil actress Margaret Dumont; in Animal Crackers he told her "You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen! Which doesn't say much for you"

In Duck Soup as the brothers fended off Miss Dumont's enemies, he said of her, "Remember, we're fighting for her honor—which is probably more than she ever did." But that was just an act, done for laughs then. Would it still go over now?

Groucho with Olivia during their 1942 tour with the Hollywood Victory Caravan raising money for Army and Navy relief during World War II.

I don't recall him being publicly called out for disrespect to women. Maybe if he'd been politically active it'd been different, but it was a different world then wasn't it? HOO Boy, was it different! - Smoking? OMG! That's SO not acceptable today!

Anahoo, nice to know Olivia's still alive and kicking... Guess she didn't inhale, eh?
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Re: Olivia De Havilland Takes ‘Feud’ Feud With FX & Ryan Murphy To Supreme Court

Post by kbot » 10-10-2018 11:12 AM

Wow Doka - I didn't know about this case. I certainly know about Olivia de Havilland as my wife is a huge old movie buff and she's dragged me in over the years.

Thanks for the post
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Watch Olivia In 1940's Star Studded SANTA FE TRAIL!

Post by Riddick » 10-13-2018 05:59 PM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “The Brig”