About Goat Yoga

Weird and unusual, whacked out news!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

About Goat Yoga

Post by Doka » 12-25-2018 11:03 PM

Many years ago, I was house sitting, including 2 goats and an emu. I got tangled up with the goats and fell, knocking the wind out of me, I came back to around with a goat standing on my chest. Who knew that years later, people would Pay for this? :D

About Goat Yoga

What is Goat Yoga? It is different things for different people. I’ve heard it described as “calm”, "therapy", “zen", and just plain “happiness.” However, there is one recurrent description…”unexpected.” Unexpected certainly describes my path to Goat Yoga. What started as a birthday party on a summer day in 2016 quickly grew into a global sensation with classes springing up worldwide. I would certainly like to take credit for the phenomena, but the truth is it is occurring for one reason...Goat Yoga is Animal-Assisted Therapy in a natural setting with an unexpectedly (there’s that word again) smart, social, and profoundly cuddly animal. It’s not a cancer cure, but it IS an unbelievable distraction from politics, work, stress, sickness or depression.

Do you train your goats to participate in Goat Yoga classes? We don’t…we believe in letting goats be goats, and doing (within reason) what they want. They might jump on your back, stare into your soul, burp in your ear, or give goat hugs (trust me, it’s a thing). Most often they'll just lay down on your yoga mat and snuggle up next to you...juuuuust as you perfect your pose. These goats are my babies, and most are rescues, so I strive to ensure they lead the best lives possible while sharing that sense of calm that makes them so special. Dressing them in costumes or coercing them to do things they aren’t inclined to do is more about people pulling the goats into their world for amusement than people experiencing the goat in theirs.

Hop on over to our Locations Tab to find an Original Goat Yoga event near you!

https://goatyoga.net/about/

Video

https://youtu.be/S51rlDxIvW4
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Re: About Goat Yoga

Post by kbot » 12-26-2018 06:45 AM

Amazing what people will pay for, huh Doka...........?
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-26-2018 11:35 AM

kbot wrote: 12-26-2018 06:45 AM Amazing what people will pay for, huh Doka...........?
The truth of it , is for me, is that, I really like the little guys. They are quite mysterious, have a knack for getting on roofs or even in trees. You would think their little hoofs would be sharp, but they have such a light step. They are just fun and entertaining to be around. I Can think of a lot of other, more useless things to spend money on, without a rather the joyful return, that the goats do provide. They do provide plain old child like "Fun"! :D
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-27-2018 12:01 PM

I'd love to have one or two come over and clean out my poison ivy and other weeds in my yard..........

There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Return to “Weird Nooz”