Sorry Riddick..........

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Sorry Riddick..........

Post by kbot » 02-04-2019 05:54 PM

Sorry that your Packers didn't make it, but glad the Pats won again!!!!!! :)

You just witnessed the greatest defensive performance in Super Bowl history: Here's how the Patriots did it

At the end of a dour Super Bowl in Atlanta only a mother could love, it really shouldn't have been a surprise that Bill Belichick was the one standing triumphant.

Last year, Tom Brady produced what was arguably the greatest single performance in Super Bowl history, only for Belichick's defense to get run over by Eagles backup Nick Foles. On Sunday, with Brady struggling en route to his worst passing performance in a title game, Belichick's defense saved the day. The Patriots delivered Belichick's masterpiece in their 13-3 win over the Rams.

What we saw from the Patriots on Sunday night was the best defensive performance we have ever seen in a Super Bowl.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/259 ... s-did-rams
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Nuts To The NFL!

Post by Riddick » 02-05-2019 01:37 AM

Lemme tellya, between the Pack's poor performance this past season, the Patriots' ongoing SB domination, & the way some players still enjoy injecting politics into the game? I'm ready for a change...

https://www.xfl.com
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Re: Sorry Riddick..........

Post by kbot » 02-05-2019 12:29 PM

I hear ya - can't we just play or watch a game without having to have some cause involved?

I was pretty bored by the game and went to bed at one point but (surprisingly....) my wife was watching the game, so I got up and saw the final ten minutes or so. But, it was an excruciatingly painful game to watch......

But, I'll take the win :mrgreen:

Parade's today with the duck boat/ G.O.A.T. Boat coverage. This will be 12 (count 'em) championship (Pat, Sox, Celtics, Bruins) parades in Boston since 2000

https://boston.cbslocal.com/video/channel/314-live/

Live Streaming From WBZ-TV

Live Events and Breaking News as it happens. Note you may see a WBZ slate during commercials.

On AirPatriots Championship Parade

10:00 AM - 01:30 PM

Today's Schedule
04:30 AM - 07:00 AMWBZ News This Morning10:00 AM - 01:30 PMPatriots Championship Parade05:00 PM - 06:30 PMWBZ News At 5 & 611:00 PM - 11:35 PMWBZ News at 11
Tomorrow's Schedule
04:30 AM - 07:00 AMWBZ News This Morning12:00 PM - 12:30 PMWBZ News At Noon05:00 PM - 06:30 PMWBZ News At 5 & 611:00 PM - 11:35 PMWBZ News at 11
All Times EST (-5 GMT)
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Sorry kbot..........

Post by Riddick » 01-11-2020 05:45 PM

If not excruciating, it still musta hurt, the Patriot's door to Super Bowl LIV slamming shut as it did eh?

So then, is it over as far as you're concerned, like you couldn't care less about the remaining post-season, OR might you yet be entertaining any thoughts about tuning into the playoffs anyway?

I don't know about the other matchups but the Seahawks play the Packers in GB tomorrow. Should be more than interesting, even without blizzard conditions! -

Here's highlights from their "SnowBowl @Lambeau" '07 NFC Divisional game
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-11-2020 08:47 PM

You could have seen this one coming - at least since game 8 or 9 of the season. Don't know what next year will bring. I'm watching San Fran and seeing how Jimmy G will do - Pats shouldn't have let him go.......

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-11-2020 09:27 PM

kbot wrote: 01-11-2020 08:47 PM You could have seen this one coming - at least since game 8 or 9 of the season. Don't know what next year will bring. I'm watching San Fran and seeing how Jimmy G will do - Pats shouldn't have let him go.......
Hmm. I see San Fran took out the Vikings today. And that they'll be hosting the winner of GB v Seattle next week? VERY Interesting...

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

A Cheesehead Rejoice

Post by Riddick » 01-13-2020 02:10 AM

OH YEAH One down AND two to go. "Get 'er done" Green Bay is on its way

GO PACK!!

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-15-2020 08:12 PM

Maybe the Pack is back???????

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-18-2020 05:04 PM

kbot wrote: 01-15-2020 08:12 PM Maybe the Pack is back???????
Oh, YOU BETCHA

And Now, The World's Most Dangerous Packer Hype
#ThePackIsBack #GoPackGo

"We're In The Moment"
http://youtu.be/EQ1QKiCPdEo

"CheeseHead Proud"
https://youtu.be/WhZ3OqDbISY

"Green & Gold"
http://youtu.be/mwHGjq6wOZU

"This Is Where It Gets Really Fun"
http://youtu.be/Ds1PCJqH0oE

"Rock Bottom"
http://youtu.be/7SIl7gW5aFQ

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-19-2020 08:12 PM

SF 27 GB 0 at the half

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-19-2020 10:01 PM

SF 37 GB 20 Final - Hate to say it, but The Pack was out-classed - While to their credit, they never gave up, ATST in that first half they gave up too much, KWIM?

Given the disappointing play we'd seen up to that point, I wasn't expecting that 4th quarter comeback...
In the end they fell well short yet managed to avoid total embarrassment. That's kind of a victory ainit?

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-20-2020 09:46 AM

I will tell ya, that I know zilch about football! But what I could tell, is that the play-offs where one surprise after another, must have driven Vegas nuts!??
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-21-2020 07:58 PM

And I repeat myself - sorry Riddick.

If it's any consolation to you, and, to most football fans outside New England, the Pats dynasty is probably over.......... I'm going wit SF. Bellichik should have never let Jimmie G go......

Riddick
Pirate

The All-Star STUPOR SATURDAY Football Follies

Post by Riddick » 02-01-2020 06:21 PM

Getcher Classic Cartoon & Comedy Pre-Game Day Grins Rite Cheer!
Moe Larry & Curly: THREE LITTLE PIGSKINS
THE PIGSKIN CAPER With The Marx Brothers
Popeye In YOU GOTTA BE A FOOTBALL HERO

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Sorry SF..........

Post by Riddick » 02-02-2020 10:28 PM

Congrats to KC

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “National”