Project Blue Book on History Channel

Moderator: Super Moderators

maryals51
Pirate

Project Blue Book on History Channel

Post by maryals51 » 02-08-2019 10:25 PM

https://www.history.com/shows/project-blue-book

So far so good. The emphasis, so far, seems to be on Dr. J. Allen Hynek (Aidan Gillen), his Air Force partner Air Force Captain Michael Quinn (Michael Malarkey)and sinister Air Force Officers in the background.

As always, Neal McDonough is perfect as the most sinister guy in the background...he knows how to play the smooth yet dangerous villain.

Yes, now and then we see, or rather we see shadows and outlines of...Men in Black

At the end of each episode we see pictures, photos, drawings, of each event.

We also get to know Hynek's wife and son. It's not really a Spoiler to tell you all that her new Best Friend is a Russian Spy. Any of us would guess that as soon as we meet her.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6632666/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

I'll keep watching, I think many of you here would like it too
"When they tell you not to Panic that's when you run!"

Doka
Pirate

Re: Project Blue Book on History Channel

Post by Doka » 03-13-2019 01:06 PM

I enjoyed the show last night(3-12-2019)

The 1952 Washington, D.C. UFO incident, also known as the Washington flap, the Washington National Airport Sightings, or the Invasion of Washington,[1] was a series of unidentified flying object reports from July 12 to July 29, 1952, over Washington, D.C. The most publicized sightings took place on consecutive weekends, July 19–20 and July 26–27. UFO historian Curtis Peebles called the incident "the climax of the 1952 (UFO) flap" - "Never before or after did Project Blue Book and the Air Force undergo such a tidal wave of (UFO) reports."[2]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1952_Wa ... O_incident

I remember that time well, they where "Active" everywhere. I was not very old , but the "Visitors" where very busy visiting.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

maryals51
Pirate

Post by maryals51 » 03-13-2019 02:48 PM

After the Season Finale, I posted this question on Twitter:

#ProjectBlueBook Was Secretary Fairchild in this episode, actually Secretary Forrestal, who was "suicided" when he "jumped out a window"? Why didn't you use his real name, show what really happened? I understand "Dramatic License" but why change names when ppl can do a search

In the Series they kept referring to the Secretary of Defense as Fairchild...

In this Season Finale, Secretary Fairchild was going to bring some explosive evidence, proof that UFO's are real, to President Truman. At a gas station, Fairchild's car blows up.

Anyway, fans of UFO Investigations will notice some "Dramatic License" here and there in the TV Series Project Blue Book. But it's still worth watching!
"When they tell you not to Panic that's when you run!"

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-13-2019 06:01 PM

Thank You, Maryals, for saving, me, from looking up the name of the Secretary of State of that time. But my curosity always gets the best of me. And that leads to more puzzles. I don't think Forrestal, was the guy either.
Although his nasty Ending, could be a TV show all of its own.

What do think about the Wife Russian Spy Stuff? Although , the Russians have always been handy to blame for a very long time. Nobody in the World had that kind of stuff, yet. Although Roswell, happened in 1947, I don't think we had enough time to "Reverse engineer" the stuff yet? In 5 years? Always more questions than answers.

James Forrestal
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Forrestal
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “Books, Documentaries, Movies, TV Shows”