What did you last make??

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Late Nite Egg & Spam Sandwich Snacking

Post by Riddick » 11-01-2018 12:49 AM

Egg and spam fried in chicken fat with American cheese slice on buttered white toast

Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi for washing down
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Sunday Nite Suppering

Post by Riddick » 11-04-2018 10:19 PM

Chicken thighs & drumsticks seasoned with salt, pepper & "miracle" coating mix, microwaved then pan fried for crispiness; sweet peas with butter, cole slaw from the deli, and Sacramento vegetable juice

As big a deal for a real meal I'll get to, most weeks
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: What did you last make??

Post by Doka » 11-05-2018 10:48 AM

microwaved then pan fried for crispiness
Riddick, I'm intrigued, you "nuke" your chicken, without turning it into a "door stop" before pan frying. Does it stay tender and juicy?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 11-05-2018 03:13 PM

Doka wrote: 11-05-2018 10:48 AM

microwaved then pan fried for crispiness
Riddick, I'm intrigued, you "nuke" your chicken, without turning it into a "door stop" before pan frying. Does it stay tender and juicy?
It can be tricky but f I don't overdo it, it doesn't turn into a doorstop. 7 minutes per pound, no more than that.

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-05-2018 07:15 PM

Chicken & rice.

Gonna follow it up with a few rounds of Jameson's................
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

After Midnight Snacking

Post by Riddick » 12-01-2018 01:15 AM

Spaghetti with meatballs, a pepperoni pizza slice, a slice of sweet potato pie with lots of extra creamy whipped topping, and diet cherry vanilla Coke

I'm not a fast eater and I'll be up awhile yet so it'll all have time to settle before beddy-bye

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

After Midnight Sandwich Snacking

Post by Riddick » 12-13-2018 01:19 AM

2 fried egg, beef, bacon, tomato & American cheese sandwiches on white toast, Big K fruit punch soda for washing down

Does egg nog count as a dessert?

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 02-24-2019 06:07 PM

Crock pot pork roast with red cabbage, sauerkraut, onion, garlic & horseradish - Just like Mom used to make? Not really. She routinely did roasts on the stove, making gravy was her thing, and I got nothing against that but it's more work than I generally care to do

Anyhoo, that's my Sunday dinner this week. Good day to eat in. It's WAY windy, 50 mph gusts. Then 2 below tonight & high of 10 above tomorrow. Oh joy. Where's that early spring? All I know is it ain't here.

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-25-2019 12:23 PM

My wife's been wanting a 3-minute egg for a while now and we hit the local kitchen store to pick-up some egg cups. Hadn't had one of these since I was something like ten years old, but having that yesterday was a nice change of pace........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Last Minute Late Night PI Day Snacking

Post by Riddick » 03-14-2019 11:57 PM

I'm making a Tombstone Garlic Bread Supreme pizza with sausage, pepperoni, peppers, black olives, onions and my own mushroom add-on

It's not gonna be ready before midnight, but since I started it on PI Day proper it should still count.

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Late Nite Breakfast Snacking

Post by Riddick » 03-21-2019 12:28 AM

6 eggs fried in bacon grease, 3 strips of bacon, 4 slices of toast, diet Faygo cola for beverage, 2 St Patty's Day cupcakes for dessert

Sounds like a lot but it's no ordinary snack, it's a "Hungry Man" snack.

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Pork Chops With Sauerkraut

Post by Riddick » 03-24-2019 05:41 PM

It's what's for Sunday dinner

That & blueberry pie for dessert

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-25-2019 07:51 PM

Egg, cheese, pepper and onion omelet, in a pita pocket.

Nice thing abut pita bread- compared to regular bread, cuts down on your gut.......... Don't get it at a grocery store. If you have a Lebanese, Syrian, etc bakery nearby, get it there. It's far cheaper, and better quality than what you'l get from a grocery store. Also, you can get small (about 6 inch diameter) loaves, or larger - about 12" loaves.

Fact - pizza originally was made using pita bread........

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-28-2019 03:44 PM

A tin of Napoleon smoked baby clams and Ritz Crackers. Haven't attempted to eat that kind of stuff for 30 years, more than likely it will be another 30 years, before I try it again :wink:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Late Nite Alternative Breakfast Snacking

Post by Riddick » 03-29-2019 12:12 AM

Blueberry pancakes with butter & syrup, all-natural extra-crispy shredded seasoned tater rounds, classic pork sausage links, and Big K Fruit Punch soda for beverage

Another "Hungry Man" snack night.

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “The Brig”