The Galaxy That Shouldn't Exist

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

The Galaxy That Shouldn't Exist

Post by Riddick » 03-19-2024 04:13 PM

'Impossible' Galaxy Defies Our Understanding Of The Universe

Astronomers have spied a galaxy so large and so old that it should not exist - at least according to our current understanding of how early galaxies formed.

The galaxy, dubbed ZF-UDS-7329, contains more stars than the Milky Way and appears to have formed about 13 billion years ago.

It was spotted with NASA's James Webb Space Telescope (JWST), a tool built to observe these types of ancient galaxies and peer back into the early ages of the universe.

There's just one problem with ZF-UDS-7329: As far as astronomers now, dark matter did not exist back then, at least not in large enough quantities to support such a massive galaxy. Nonetheless, this galaxy exists.

It points to 'significant gaps in our understanding' of how early stars and galaxies formed, wrote the scientists behind the discovery. 'More observations are needed to understand how common these galaxies may be and to help us understand how truly massive these galaxies are.'

The team's next steps will be to find more galaxies like this one, to confirm the finding and find answers about how it could have occurred.

FULL STORY

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Re: The Galaxy That Shouldn't Exist

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 03-22-2024 11:18 PM

Great story! I appreciate it from the Heavens above us Riddick.πŸ˜‰

But yesterday the outer space experts were debunking dark matter.

I did not read it.....shame on me.πŸ˜‚

Salt and chickens eggs are bad for you! Hmm, no! Cholesterol is bad....no, it's not bad because you need it!πŸ˜– etc., etc.!

Ok here's my question I'd never heard asked during all my years of listening to C2CAM.

How did all of those stars get lit?

None of my teachers in all of my classes from the 1st grade to my 16th grade never saidπŸ‘»boo about it.πŸ˜‚

πŸ—ƒπŸšͺπŸ’₯"Riddle me that Robin!" πŸ™Œ

MK II πŸ™ πŸ€” πŸ•Š
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 03-24-2024 07:47 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Riddick
Pirate

How Do Stars Light Up?

Post by Riddick » 03-23-2024 12:51 AM

Malaria_Kidd II wrote: ↑03-22-2024 11:18 PM How did all off those stars get lit?

None of my teachers in all of my classes from the 1st grade to my 16th grade never saidπŸ‘»boo about it.πŸ˜‚

πŸ—ƒπŸšͺπŸ’₯"Riddle me that Robin!" πŸ™Œ
Robin? He's a crime fighter, not an astrophysicist, and I don't know any to ask. So I did a Google search, & as I scrolled down the results I found this:

Everything You Wanted To Know About Stars
Better than boo, I'd say.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-23-2024 12:04 PM

Who said they(The galaxies) shouldn't exist? Biden, Micky Mouse.? It's like when they find a galaxy with an Earth like planet in the mix,that they seem to know about , with a conclusion in the mix, Endless conjectures, with absolutely no meaning. So much for "Dust in the Wind" or how to fill up space just because it's there.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 03-24-2024 08:34 AM

That was a good post Doka. There sure is a truck load of conjecture that we must take their words for right or wrong. Or we must just keep on guessing about all there is to know into Never Never Land's.....infinity!πŸ˜‚

Thank you Riddick for your NATGO results. As well as they explained it I did read the "how they get lit".

But I'm still questioning this fact never heard on C2CAM. Where are the other yellow stars? Does our Sun appear white in deep space?

Our Hubble or James Webb πŸ’΅πŸ’΅πŸ’΅πŸ’΅ telescopes should take our Suns picture once in a blue moon!πŸ˜‚

FireπŸ”₯needs three things here to Tango but out there?

Heat - Not yet πŸ˜‚ Bic lighters?

Fuel - Yes πŸ˜‰ waiting for heat

Oxygen - No 😢

Now around 4.6 billion years old, Earth’s Sun is considered an average-size "yellow" dwarf star, and astronomers predict it will remain in its main sequence stage for several billion more years. 😎

"What riddle can yah give me now to answer that, Robin?"😁 🌞

MK II πŸ™ πŸ€” πŸ•Š

Return to β€œAstronomy/ NASA/Physics”