From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

alphacentaura
Pirate

Weekend Edition Line-Up

Post by alphacentaura » 01-01-2004 05:09 PM

For the New Year, here's what Art has in store:

Saturday, January 3
Former Saturday Night Live writer, Leland Gregory (realwacky.com) returns with a collection of his best 911 wacky calls. His newest book, Hey Idiot!, is a chronicle of human stupidity
.....but hey, maybe there's a message within a message regarding human stupidity....an Art point perhaps?!

Kinda of scratching my head at this one in terms of guest choice, but hey, it's Art....he'll make anything a great show!!...and what do I know ;)

Sunday, January 4
George Ure (urbansurvival.com) and his colleague, known only as “Cliff” (halfpasthuman.com), will be discussing web bots. This new technology deals with the ability to forecast major world events.
[/color]

Until the weekend folks...... and often inbetween :)

spaceprophet
Pirate

Re: Weekend Edition Line-Up

Post by spaceprophet » 01-01-2004 10:39 PM

alphacentaura wrote: Saturday, January 3
Former Saturday Night Live writer, Leland Gregory (realwacky.com) returns with a collection of his best 911 wacky calls. His newest book, Hey Idiot!, is a chronicle of human stupidity
Art's had him on before and these are really quite hilareous. I especially liked the one where this guy calls 911 from a phone booth while a deer is kicking the sh** out of him. :D
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

racehorse
Pirate

Re: Weekend Edition Line-Up

Post by racehorse » 01-02-2004 12:28 AM

alphacentaura wrote:
Former Saturday Night Live writer, Leland Gregory (realwacky.com) returns with a collection of his best 911 wacky calls.

[

:( :rolleyes:

I will listen to Jeff Rense's archives again when this is on. Shows like this and Art's interview with Amarillo Slim, Barbara's Princess Diana discussion, and some of George's medical and terrorism driven shows concern me very much with the direction "Coast to Coast AM" is increasingly taking. I am not at all pleased about it.
racehorse

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 01-02-2004 12:53 AM

I began to worry when Clear Channel and Premiere Radio bought C2C. I really got nervous when Art's back got worse and he announced he would be retiring. I eventually accepted the inevitable demise of the show when George took over full-time.

Don't get me wrong, George AKA the NightHawk had an excellent show in St. Louis. I use to listen several times a week via streamlink when I Googled "paranormal radio" one time. I was thrilled when I noticed he'd guest host in the beginning. After that I prayed that he'd get better. His St. Louis show was! But like many have noticed, it seems that something has died and that the powers at be have ulterior motives. Maybe it's not George's fault but he's driving the car and Clear Channel owns the title.

I noticed that the venue was trying to change during Mike Seagel's tenure. It was as plain as the noon day sun. But luckily Art returned and it recovered nicely and was full steam ahead.

I'm an avid listener and a huge fan of Art's and have been following his career since '95(not as long as some but longer than most). The show is a shell of it's former self and I wish it wasn't. Sorry, I just calls 'em like I sees 'em. :(
Last edited by spaceprophet on 01-02-2004 12:59 AM, edited 1 time in total.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

Re: Re: Weekend Edition Line-Up

Post by Guest » 01-02-2004 01:09 AM

racehorse wrote: :( :rolleyes:

I will listen to Jeff Rense's archives again when this is on. Shows like this and Art's interview with Amarillo Slim, Barbara's Princess Diana discussion, and some of George's medical and terrorism driven shows concern me very much with the direction "Coast to Coast AM" is increasingly taking. I am not at all pleased about it.

Hey for once racehorse I totally agree with your assessment! I will also avoid tonight's George rerun about the ridiculous story about Paul McCartney died years ago and also the Babs Simpson Friday night show with the terrible "numerologist" lady that she has had on before. I guess with all the recent great UFO shows with Bob Lazar and John Lear, we have to have some "stinkers" to pay for it this week!

SvladCjelli

Post by SvladCjelli » 01-03-2004 01:01 PM

Hey c'mon, hearing Amarillo was pretty cool... This is a man who played with all the greatest pool players of our time...

I think both Lazar and Lear are complete BS artists anyways ;)
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't following you...

jeri sexton
Pirate

Post by jeri sexton » 01-03-2004 01:56 PM

Wacky 911 calls' hmmm
must not be ratings week.

Thought there would be some stuff about the Mars gig for sure.. but guess not..

Post by Guest » 01-03-2004 03:33 PM

SvladCjelli wrote: Hey c'mon, hearing Amarillo was pretty cool... This is a man who played with all the greatest pool players of our time...

I think both Lazar and Lear are complete BS artists anyways ;)

Hey now, John Lear is now a proud pirate FF-member! Don't put down FF-members! I myself believe 100% as fact all that Lazar and Lear claim.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 01-03-2004 04:46 PM

The show has changed, and the world has changed. I believe Art is a visonary, a futurist - and if you will forgive the pun - a 'bellweather' for the rapid and accelerating changes we are experiencing in 'the quickening'. I believe Art and Ramona are very serious about their own quests, and in communicating many of their concerns, ideas and hope for the blue planet and humankind - to the audience.

Art takes a warrior-maverick approach to his quest. He is interested in technology, communications, consciousness - the foilbles of humanity, the possibility of immortality. Ramona's quest is intuitive - that of the goddess, tapping into the human experience through the mystical - studying the potential of the human/earth spirit through witchcraft, herbology, astrology - the gifts of mother earth and our connectedness in spirit with the blue planet.

This weekend's show, I think - is carefully crafted to start out with the celebration of human folly - the rich humor in it all. Humor and the ability to roar with laughter in the face of overwhelming events - is part of the warrior's quest.

The Sunday guests - are about futurism, about human adaptation, or maybe the lack of it - to what we have so far set into motion on the planet. And, a systems analysis of how we are applying our human consciousness to the experience on the blue planet. Where is it all leading. An overview of patterns of events - and of how we might best focus our efforts to survive and prosper. A different look at some of the hard realities. This man known only as 'Cliff' - has some radical points of view.

Should be fascinating - in inimitable Art Bell style.

Check out the Sunday guests websites:

Art Bell Weekend

SvladCjelli

Post by SvladCjelli » 01-03-2004 06:36 PM

Sorry bout that - haven't even done my homework, was trying to be light hearted but came off as a d*ck. Sorry.
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't following you...

Tinkerbell
Pirate

Post by Tinkerbell » 01-03-2004 07:17 PM

BadBoy wrote: Hey now, John Lear is now a proud pirate FF-member! Don't put down FF-members! I myself believe 100% as fact all that Lazar and Lear claim.

DITTO! ;)

Tinkerbell <^..^>
Tinkerbell ^..^

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious
- Albert Einstein

swimmbadd
Pirate

Post by swimmbadd » 01-03-2004 08:20 PM

I have a lot of stuff going through my mind at the same moment,,
but what all that stuff boils down to is, is that Art no longer has the forum he once had becuase he's only on on week ends now.
He'll never be able to be up to date as far as the show goes.
Though he may bring us breaking news he'll most likely not be able to talk about it becuase he already has some other subject/guest to talk about/with.

Thats what I miss the most about the Art Bell Show

The way things are now with the show, Art is like a semi retired senior who can only work part time lest he loses his full benifits;)

I'm really missing the show and wonder if it could even be the way it was then even if he came back full time. At the same time I know it will never be the way it was becuase times change and so do we change along with the times.

Thanks for the good times
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

OH_Niteowl
Pirate

Weekend Edition

Post by OH_Niteowl » 01-04-2004 01:25 PM

I wish there was a Weekend Edition website. Remember how interesting the old website used to be? sigh.... Lex needs to take some tips from Keith Rowland.

The Weekend Edition of Coast to Coast is definitely a different show. I'm so glad Art decided to come back. It makes George's version more tolerable. :)

gershwin
Pirate

Poor Choice

Post by gershwin » 01-05-2004 12:08 AM

Don't get me wrong, I am a total Art Bell fan and would rather listen to him and Wacky 911 calls than George interviewing an actual alien....however.....since the Mars missions almost represent a cornerstone subject of CoastToCoast, I was truly amazed and extremely disappointed that at the very moment the United States was making history by landing a probe successfully on Mars, we got to listen to mostly re-run versions of dumb 911 calls. This has to be one of the poorest scheduled subject matters ever on CoastToCoast. The landing date of January 3 was known for months in advance. It just seems like a more appropriate guest and subject could have been scheduled. It was such a let-down to go from watching cheering NASA engineers on FOXNews in my living room to hearing silly, re-run 911 recordings on the radio in the bedroom. Whether or not a lot of Mars landing info would have been available at showtime, it's the energy I suspect the C2C audience had that needed to be vented through the right guest and subject. Could it be that Saturday night was so important that subject matter experts just weren't available for a radio show? Did Art schedule the 911 guy or was he obligated a Premier decision? I did notice Art trying to mention the event at frequent points throughout the show - but not much room for segways. Anyway, I'll get over it but again, this was a great disappointment to me and, I'll bet, a lot of others. Maybe I'm just too spoiled. I'm sure tonight will be better.

Post by Guest » 01-05-2004 01:16 AM

I remember in "the good old days" Art didn't schedule guests so far in advance and every night could change at the last minute when breaking news occured - I guess those days are over!

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”