WA Dems Want To Destigmatize Sex Offenders

Belowdecks...Serious rants, etc...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

WA Dems Want To Destigmatize Sex Offenders

Post by Riddick » 01-25-2024 12:45 AM

Democrats in Washington gave first priority to a new proposed law that calls for the labeling of violent sex offenders to be based on the “person first” principle. The goal is to destigmatize sex offenders by ceasing to define them in terms of their offense.

HB 2177 would rename the Sex Offender Policy Board (SOPB) as one of the recommended improvements. It will now be known as the Sex Offense Policy Board if it passes. It conveys the shaky idea that the board reviews should concentrate on sexual offenses rather than the offenders who commit them.

HB 2177’s supporters contend that the sex offender’s “lived experiences” are “invaluable,” and as a result, the SOPB will now even shockingly include a convicted sex offender on the board.

The initial goal of the SOPB was to provide sex offender management in order to maintain community safety. However, it has deviated much from its original goal and is now centered on supporting sexual offenders and taking away any feelings of shame for their past revolting actions.

Washington State Representative Tarra Simmons, a Democrat who spent time in jail on three felony charges in 2011 for retail theft and controlled drug possession, is leading the charge on the SOPB legislation. She was also the one responsible for advocating for a sexual offender to be on the board with victims of sexual offenses.

“I think that we all do better when we have a diverse legislature. That’s why I’m here,” Simmons said at a hearing for the bill. “And I’m proud to be here. I think I bring some lived experience that was missing from here. And while some people may have a stigma for people who have committed a sex offense, I think they have invaluable information to share that can really guide this board.”

On the other hand, GOP State Representative Dan Griffey expressed disapproval, saying that he could not understand why the board would “advocate” for sexual offenders. Furthermore, he brought up how it is unclear how a victim of any sexual offense would feel about having a convicted sex offender on the board alongside them.

The term “representative with lived experience with incarceration for a sex offense” is the preferred term used to describe a sex offender on the board, according to Simmons. It’s a component of a “person-first” philosophy that extends to the title of the board.

Additionally, Democrats also attempted to previously standardize the phrase “minor-attracted persons” in favor of “child molester” or “pedophile.”

Democrats enacted laws in 2021 that made it easier to release sexually violent offenders on condition across the state. In fact, it motivated predators to pursue Less Restrictive Alternatives (LRAs).

At the time, Senator Christine Rolfes (D-Wash.), the bill’s main sponsor, stated that part of the goal is to reintegrate “people who are potentially dangerous, but not necessarily dangerous, back into communities where they can live safely and with their constitutional liberties protected.” The state now uses person-first terminology when referring to sex offenders on McNeil Island as “residents.”

Traditionally, in order to characterize the disabled and prevent them from being defined by their impairment, “person-first language” has been utilized. It’s about treating individuals with more “respect,” according to the National Institutes of Health.

However, this push towards the acceptance of pedophiles and sexual offenders is not only preached by Democrat representatives. A Psychology Today article from 2022 attempted to manipulate its readers into having more sympathy and understanding for these vile groups.

Politico, a far-left news outlet, even published a story recently on January 9th titled “…Why The Far Right Is Obsessed With Sex Trafficking,” as if sexual assault and exploitation of minors or anybody else is simply an unimportant, irrelevant matter and that only those who are politically “far right” have immense sympathy and concern for these victims of sexual abuse.

FULL STORY

Really? There are NO greater concerns facing the state of Washington? Nothing takes priority over sparing sex criminals from societal stigma?
Well, if it wasn't already obvious it it now. Democrats have no shame.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: WA Dems Want To Destigmatize Sex Offenders

Post by Doka » 01-25-2024 04:08 PM

Who are these people that voted in a criminal state Rep!? And the Democrats that are so willing to follow "CRAZY".....? :twisted: :evil:

That Is "Twisted and Evil" not familiar with the" smilies"
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Re: WA Dems Want To Destigmatize Sex Offenders

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 01-26-2024 09:54 AM

Both of your comments pegged it to the wall!🤔

Once again the Left Coast is leaving us scratching the hair off our heads.

I've never seen a disproportionate number of our nation wide court rooms shunned for life pedoes offing themselves. Compared to the general population that do check out.

".........the goal is to reintegrate “people who are potentially dangerous, but not necessarily dangerous??, back into communities where they can live safely and with their constitutional liberties protected.” "

What a reveal of huge, weird proportions right out of the radical Democrat's play book!🤒

Men have two brains and I will leave that Captain Obvious explanation alone.

MK II 🙏 🕊
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Return to “The Murky Bilge”