Big radio could take a lession from this...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Kevin
Pirate

Big radio could take a lession from this...

Post by Kevin » 02-14-2002 10:12 AM

From R&R

Art Bell Goes 'Commercial-Free 'Til 2003'

But only on KNYE-FM/Pahrump, NV, the station owned by the Premiere late-night talker and his wife. "I put this station on the air last November out of my love for the business and my hometown," Bell tells R&R ONLINE. "Radio has been so good to me, and I wanted to give something back. We thought, 'What better way to do that than right here in our hometown?'" KNYE airs Oldies all day and carries Bell's Coast to Coast at night. That program, along with newscasts from USA Radio Network, will continue to carry network spots, but Bell reports that all local avails on the station will be given over to "public and local community service announcements."

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 02-14-2002 03:23 PM

Hey - way to go Art and Ramona! Now let's get the streaming audio going.

Kevin
Pirate

Post by Kevin » 02-14-2002 08:49 PM

You betcha Capt'n Linnea that's a BIG thumbs up!

Sure would make my day!

K

Post by Guest » 02-14-2002 10:12 PM

Geesse\\\ No wonder Art Fell for her.
Ramona, You're a Babe.

[This message has been edited by shootzoo (edited 15 February 2002).]

Morgan
Pirate

Post by Morgan » 02-17-2002 08:45 PM

Big Radio doesn't take lessons, unfortunately.

All they could be expected to do, IF they saw reaction to KNYE as something they liked, would be to buy it and run a bunch of commercials.

In my admittedly limited contact with various levels of AM type radio, I have found some interesting "air talent" a teensy number of PM's who were eithe gutsy enough to try new ideas, or lazy enough to let the air talent try things as long as the commercial time sold and nobody called to complain. Station management has been uniformly mentally incompetent.

It seems that what good ones there are don't stay in that business. I am usually not so negative about a group of people (other than, say, a group of axe murderers).. but AM radio management is an exception. The bigger the organization, the dumber the management. The only saving grace is that sometimes they are also lazy.

------------------
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**

Kevin
Pirate

Post by Kevin » 02-21-2002 09:36 PM

Very true Morgan...

BTW, sorry about the misspelling, my fingers were running before my brain was engaged.

Kevin

Return to “Art Bell Archive 12-2001 to 5-2002”