Our Dear Linnea ~ please read everyone

FF Community posts

Moderator: Super Moderators

Gemmie
Pirate

Post by Gemmie » 07-23-2011 09:12 PM

Dude111 wrote: I bet you are as pretty as she Gemmie :)

God bless ya.......

Ah, bless ya Dude111. Often I have heard that my mom and I did resemble each other. Thank you. I sure miss her. It's only been just over 2 months and I still have times when I just cannot believe it. I feel so short changed...not being able to share the rest of my life with her. It hurts so,so,so much.

And now two months after I lost my mom, my first husband...my daughter's father died suddenly. He was only 54 years old. I cannot describe how devastated I was that my 26 year old daughter had to now go through losing her father. It's just too much. Thank you all for your support.
"Freedom is just chaos with better lighting." Alan Dean Foster

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 07-23-2011 09:30 PM

Ah sweetie im so sorry :(

Please give your daughter a big hug for me Image

Patty
Pirate

Post by Patty » 07-24-2011 02:38 AM

Oh Gemmie, I am so sorry also. I am praying for you, your daughter, and your entire family to find peace and acceptance. I know it's not much consolation right now, but the pain will subside, and the happy memories will become stronger and fill the void left in your hearts. I lost my father when I was 25, so I know the pain you all are suffering. One day you will be together again. God bless you all.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 07-24-2011 03:16 PM

Oh Patty im so sorry :(

Our parents are the MOST IMPORTANT ones in our lives.....

God bless you Patty!

Gemmie
Pirate

Thanks

Post by Gemmie » 08-02-2011 08:00 PM

Patty wrote: Oh Gemmie, I am so sorry also. I am praying for you, your daughter, and your entire family to find peace and acceptance. I know it's not much consolation right now, but the pain will subside, and the happy memories will become stronger and fill the void left in your hearts. I lost my father when I was 25, so I know the pain you all are suffering. One day you will be together again. God bless you all.

Thank you so much for your prayers and support. My daughter seems to be handling this well. Anyone who has lost a loved one, especially a parent, knows that you can appear okay on the outside, yet there is much private grieving that goes on. A few days after she lost her father she acknowledged to me that she and I were going through the same thing. I think this has helped ease her way. Bless her heart!

Gemmie
Pirate

Post by Gemmie » 08-02-2011 08:17 PM

With much gratitude and love in my heart I wish to thank you all for your posts. Your heartfelt thoughts, prayers, condolences, music and poetry...in memoriam of my beloved mother, means the world to me.

It took me a few days to get through all the posts. I broke down crying each time I read through them. I am touched and overwhelmed at the outpouring of love and respect you all had for my mother. I am so pleased for her to have so been loved and held in such high esteem by so many. I stand in awe of what she helped to bring about with this forum. I am humbled to know that she did in fact make a difference in peoples lives.

Oh... I miss her so much. This is the hardest thing I've gone through in my life.

One thing I'd like to share is this:

A few weeks after her she passed away I was in deep thought and reminiscence and I got to where I was thinking about how much she loved me and I realized that I was not merely remembering her love, but that I was in fact feeling her love. I came to the realization that love does indeed survive death. What an awakening this was! I try often to be in this place. It brings me much peace.

Again, thank you all so much! Sincerely, Renine aka Gemmie :)

joan roberts
Pirate

Post by joan roberts » 08-02-2011 09:01 PM

so nice to hear frpm you and agree you will always feel

her love, another forum said she was was a real

pioneer, this forum I think expresses her ideas of

freedom for all and loving thoughts, it must hav been

difficult when she was quite ill....dont think she will

be forgotten soon.....best wishes to you

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 08-03-2011 12:57 AM

Gemmie wrote: It took me a few days to get through all the posts. I broke down crying each time I read through them.
Ahhhhh sweetie,your MA was a very special lady :)

I didnt know her long but im glad she finally trusted me and let me on this site,it must be my loving/caringness about me that told her i was OK and she could open her heart to me!!

She had GOOD TASTE hanging onto this version of vbb all these years (Thats what brought me here (I was quite desperate to get on :))),THIS SOFTWARE IS MUCH BETTER in my opinion (looks,etc) and MA knew that also (Many ppl do not,sadly their sense of 'whats good' seems to be gone :()

I am very thankful our friend Fan is willing to work with this software as i was afraid we were going to lose it... This site is amazing and special in its own way,DIFFERENT THAN ALL THE OTHERS and thats what makes it so special :)

God bless you sweetie Image
Last edited by Dude111 on 08-03-2011 01:01 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 04-30-2014 11:57 PM

RIP Linnea Carroll Meyer
September 29, 1944 - April 30, 2011
Originally posted by Riddick
Oh Linnea, oh, Linnea, oh our dear friend Linnea
Such a Fantastic Lady!
How great it was she founded this forum,
Where folks of a kind might find a sanctorum -
A woman with passion and due decorum,
We all owe a lot to Linnea

Oh Linnea, oh Linnea, oh our dear friend Linnea
On a Fantastic journey -
An explorer, heretofore so?
Beyond the veil she's surely more so...
Oh Linnea, our Linnea, our dear Lady Linnea
Linnea, the Spirited Soul:
Now with a freedom that no one here has
(Unbounded by physics & all of that jazz),
Who's to say from outside Earth's Alcatraz
We can't learn still more from Linnea?

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 05-01-2014 12:20 AM

Thanks Riddick, I meant to post. We owe this whole place to Linnea, she gave us a great gift of knowledge, an archive of thought and a legacy to live up to. Linnea: Rest in peace, I feel you are happy that the forum exists in whatever capacity it can, and that you wish us good luck in the times to come.

I hope we all think of her, and make a commitment to help make her place live on and thrive.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 05-04-2014 11:56 AM

I started re-reading this thread again. I still miss you Linnea, but since Shirley (whom I also still miss) joined you, I bet you two have really livened the place up. Rock on Girlfriends!

:pirateboa
Last edited by starrmtn001 on 05-06-2014 11:26 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 05-05-2014 08:40 PM

We all love and mi$$ you Linnea

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 05-06-2014 05:34 AM

What an experience we all had on the good ship 'Fantastic'...
From the very beginning we shared very interesting and wonderful times...

It makes me think of a song "Cher' sang.

"IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME"

Thank you Linnea', from the depth of my heart.

URSOKWL
Pirate

l miss you mom

Post by URSOKWL » 04-18-2015 09:10 AM

I miss you Linnea!!
Linnea loved you all too.
Your words are healing. Thank you all.

Cant believe I built this forum with Linnea 15 years ago, this Tuesday. The 21st, my bday too.

FF Pirates URSOKWL
YOU ARE SO KEWL!

Fan
Lady with a

Re: l miss you mom

Post by Fan » 04-18-2015 09:59 AM

URSOKWL wrote: I miss you Linnea!!
Linnea loved you all too.
Your words are healing. Thank you all.

Cant believe I built this forum with Linnea 15 years ago, this Tuesday. The 21st, my bday too.

FF Pirates URSOKWL
YOU ARE SO KEWL!

I am with you friend. I don't know what to say except that the whole forum misses Linnea and yet we get to read her words all the time. You guys made a cool place, thank you!

Keep on sailing, its all we know how to do.

:pirateboa
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Return to “Ship's Galley ~ Fantastic Forum Community”