Please - do not mock The Fantastic Forum

FF Community posts

Moderator: Super Moderators

Kaztronic

Please - do not mock The Fantastic Forum

Post by Kaztronic » 05-11-2011 06:47 PM

If you have in fact sailed on, why return to the old forum to put up mocking avatars and tags?

This is not a game to be played, nor a competition between two forums. The words of many respected forum members lay at rest here - nowhere else. The history of this forum, both good and bad, the thousands of pages of archives, deserves better than to be the subject of coordinated avatar games & petty insults in the form of coordinated taglines.

You guys are doing something wonderful over there at FF2, you are maintaining the community, reuniting friends, and trying to carry on the tradition of the Fantastic Forum while breathing new life in to her sails. Their is no reason to come back and sully this ship, and absolutely NO reason to try and push it further under the waves.
Last edited by Kaztronic on 05-11-2011 07:00 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 05-11-2011 07:00 PM

Which thread? Must have missed this. :(

ratdog
Pirate

Post by ratdog » 05-11-2011 07:19 PM

i read all around who did that?
Nobody knows the stubble I'v seen...Burma Shave Semper Fi

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 05-11-2011 07:43 PM

hey ratdog:) :) :p who did what?????
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 05-11-2011 07:44 PM

Raggedyann wrote: Which thread? Must have missed this. :(

i just got done reading them all. i missed one....wow
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 05-11-2011 08:47 PM

The upside down skull and swords? Don't know what to make of it. :confused:
Last edited by Raggedyann on 05-11-2011 08:49 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Sean_in_Montreal
Pirate

Post by Sean_in_Montreal » 05-11-2011 09:54 PM

I see what you mean Kaz.

And that's from one of the Mod's who supposedly has so much respect for Linnea's legacy?

Not much eh?
"I believe in keeping an open mind, but not so open that my brains spill out."(unknown)

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 05-11-2011 11:03 PM

I wasn’t going to reply to this thread but feel the need to now, after Sean’s comment. With all due respect Sean, you haven’t been actively involved with this ship for a long time. You bop in every once in a while.

Many of us knew Lin more than you can imagine and the one mod you are referring to talked to Lin almost daily on the telephone. As well as many of us, we knew her personally. We knew Lin, we cried with her and we laughed with her. In most case while speaking with her on the phone it wasn’t even discussing the ship .

We made calls to the hospital when she was sick in December and then her final week. Why because we were friends. She was our family.

But let’s talk about respect, there was no effort made by the new owners to reach out to the existing mods on a personal level, these mods are still mourning her death like many of us. It might have been nice for them to receive an email instead of a public notice.

The flags are being waived out of respect for Lin not disrespect and Lin would understand that so I don’t feel the need to go out of my way to explain to anyone else.

Lin’s spirit left this ship the day it changed hands. Her spirit lives on in the hearts of the people that actually knew her.

I have no intentions of having a back and forth conversation with you or anyone else about this. Just felt the need to say this.
Last edited by SETIsLady on 05-11-2011 11:40 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 05-11-2011 11:43 PM

Thank you for clearing this up SL. I couldn't quite fathom that there was any ill will intended.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 05-11-2011 11:51 PM

I apologize for not handling the hand-over as well as I could, but a few points:

- the change was done sunday afternoon and monday morning, it was quite fast.

- I did in fact email Shirley as soon as I knew, with a heads-up and request to pass the info on, she was the only one I could see contact info for when I was looking (I was not an admin yet).

I really want to have all of your participation here. I would like a parlay, we could do it through any means you like, but obviously there is doubt and maybe some miscommunication, or lack of communication entirely. My email is [email protected].

I respect your grief, and I share it, of course not on the same personal level that you must feel it. We all lost someone important and caring, and it will take time to come to terms with that. I hope we can continue this forum together.

Sean_in_Montreal
Pirate

Post by Sean_in_Montreal » 05-11-2011 11:52 PM

Actually Seti i was a member here before you, and longer than the date mentioned in my profile. I come here everyday, but i have other things i need to spend my time on.

Kaz, and me, see your's, Shirley's and Race's upside down pirate flags disrespectful of Linnea and the FF's legacy, and rather immature i may add.

And creating another forum and calling it the New Fantastic Forum? Even more so.

You are trying to sponge off the FF's name to the advantage of yourself and your FF2.

If you really wanted to respect Linnea's spirit, you would, all of you, would stay here and contribute to the FF and keep it going.

This is the ONLY Fantastic Forum. Anything else is just a copy.
"I believe in keeping an open mind, but not so open that my brains spill out."(unknown)

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 05-12-2011 01:46 AM

I'm staying... that is, if any of you want me to be here. I used to post more than I do now, but life has become quite complicated for me, and I don't have the time I used to, to surf the threads.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 05-12-2011 01:59 AM

Actually Seti i was a member here before you, and longer than the date mentioned in my profile. I come here everyday, but i have other things i need to spend my time on.
Being a member longer doesn’t mean anything. You seem to be finding plenty of time now to be here and comment.
Kaz, and me, see your's, Shirley's and Race's upside down pirate flags disrespectful of Linnea and the FF's legacy, and rather immature i may add.

And creating another forum and calling it the New Fantastic Forum? Even more so.
You opinion of me doesn’t matter. But the flag flying in distress is just that, the ship is in distress, the crew is in distress. I am sorry if you had no emotional connection to her, you really missed out. But many of us did.
You are trying to sponge off the FF's name to the advantage of yourself and your FF2.
Well you would be wrong, the new forum belongs to everyone there. It doesn’t’ belong to me. It was built by the same community that gathered here daily, to join Lin in her home. This FF no longer exists, Lin is no longer here. She was and will always be the Captain. There is no amount of coding that is going to change it. It will never be the same no matter what you do to try to rebuild it. I am sorry but that just the way it is.
If you really wanted to respect Linnea's spirit, you would, all of you, would stay here and contribute to the FF and keep it going.
You were too busy by your own statement to keep it going when she was alive, why so concerned about it now that she is gone . I don’t need to be lectured by anyone about how to respect Lin, nor does anyone else for that matter.

Anyhow its really pointless to carry on this discussion with you. Everyone is of free will and can be where they want to be and with whom they want to be. I have said all I am going to say.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 05-12-2011 02:00 AM

Raggedyann wrote: Thank you for clearing this up SL. I couldn't quite fathom that there was any ill will intended.
;)

Sean_in_Montreal
Pirate

Post by Sean_in_Montreal » 05-12-2011 03:07 AM

But the flag flying in distress is just that, the ship is in distress, the crew is in distress.

But Seti, you guys leaving has exacerbated that problem. Don't you see that?

Look, i understand why you left and so quickly started another forum. Things were not so certain. It looked like the place might disappear. But now you have a new owner, who's a stable, upright guy, who has great technical abilities. He has assured that the place will keep going, for many years.

You seem to be unhappy over that fact, but when you all should be happy, or at least relieved.

I just don't get it.

Return to “Ship's Galley ~ Fantastic Forum Community”