FOX: 'Do We Still Need Libraries?'

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-09-2010 05:57 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: Reading is fundamental!

These gov't peeps that want to close them to save monies? Reminds me of ancient history when the Catholic church did not want any of the parishioners to be able to read.

Tell these gov't peeps to cut their staff members, cut their salaries and they will have monies needed FOR the people!

A few months ago I heard that the Encyclopedia Britannica was actually bought by the Catholic Church a number of years back, and that if ever ahve the opportunity to compare older versions (before the 1920s), to the current volumes, that many references that prortray The Churtch in a bad light have been completely edited.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 07-09-2010 06:05 PM

kbot wrote: A few months ago I heard that the Encyclopedia Britannica was actually bought by the Catholic Church a number of years back, and that if ever ahve the opportunity to compare older versions (before the 1920s), to the current volumes, that many references that prortray The Churtch in a bad light have been completely edited.

I prefer the 11th edition (pub. 1911, 29 vol). I searched for years to find all the volumes, but never found a single one in a library.
Last edited by SquidInk on 07-09-2010 06:12 PM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”