Tea partiers' views far from others - AP

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

Tea partiers' views far from others - AP

Post by Linnea » 11-23-2010 05:48 PM

...from AP via WaPo
Tuesday, November 23, 2010; 3:23 PM

WASHINGTON -- Tea party backers fashion themselves as "we the people," but polls show the Republican Party's most conservative and energized voters are hardly your average crowd.

According to an Associated Press-GfK Poll this month, 84 percent who call themselves tea party supporters don't like how President Barack Obama is handling his job - a view shared by just 35 percent of all other adults. Tea partiers are about four times likelier than others to back repealing Obama's health care overhaul and twice as likely to favor renewing tax cuts for the highest-earning Americans.

Exit polls of voters in this month's congressional elections reveal similar gulfs. Most tea party supporters - 86 percent - want less government intrusion on people and businesses, but only 35 percent of other voters said so. Tea party backers were about five times likelier to blame Obama for the country's economic ills, three times likelier to say Obama's policies will be harmful and twice as apt to see the country on the wrong track.

These aren't subtle shadings between tea party backers and the majority of Americans, who don't support the movement; they're Grand Canyon-size chasms.
Article at link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03731.html

Some very interesting results and analysis here.

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 11-23-2010 06:32 PM

Someone posts this over on DU, I've changed some words so it's not all *****'s

If you are reading this.. and you voted major ticket Republican you are a IDIOT

If you are a Woman and voted major ticket Republican you are a IDIOT

If you are a Man and voted major ticket Republican you are a IDIOT

If you are Straight and voted major ticket Republican you are a IDIOT

If you are Gay and voted major ticket Republican you are a IDIOT

If you are Young and voted major ticket Republican you are a IDIOT

If you are Old and voted major ticket Republican you are a IDIOT

If you are every Age in-between and voted major ticket Republican you are a IDIOT

Republicans and TeaBaggers are all IDIOTS, They are going to try and turn back everything to not just the Bush 2 ERA.. but Great Society Era and New Deal and wipe it out.

And if you supported them in their efforts that makes you a IDIOT

-----------------

I find it more than a bit amusing that on one face the TeaBaggers scream "NO GOVERNMENT RUN HEALTH CARE!" and on the other "KEEP YOU HANDS OFF MY MEDICARE"
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 11-23-2010 07:14 PM

Ah, DU. Those lefties? ;) Apparently though, the tea partiers intend to next go after some corporations. That would be interesting. Will see if I can find the article again...

Idiots - as in not voting for their own self interest, I guess?

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 11-23-2010 10:25 PM

Linnea wrote: Idiots - as in not voting for their own self interest, I guess?

In every single case...
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 11-25-2010 09:58 PM

Linnea wrote: Apparently though, the tea partiers intend to next go after some corporations. That would be interesting. Will see if I can find the article again...

When did the poor and homeless become corperations? I guess when corperations became individuals :confused:

I always can't understand the "my supporters are genuine people" so that means the people who don't support you are not genuine or something. Debate & disagree all we want, but never understood a certain group is more patriotic/hero/citizen because they lean a way politically. Do we do this with TV, sports or movies? "Only genuine citizens like watching this" lol

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”