The Anger in America

Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

The Anger in America

Post by voguy » 10-03-2011 08:45 PM

Well... everyone has their opinion, but I think Hank should have tried a better choice of words.

ESPN pulls Hank Williams Jr. after he compares Obama to Hitler
By Chris Chase

Hank Williams Jr., the singer whose various videos for the hit song "All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Monday Night" has served as the intro to "Monday Night Football" for 23 seasons, compared President Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler during a Monday morning appearance on "Fox and Friends." The statement led to ESPN pulling his popular intro segment, best known to fans for its "Are you ready for some football?" ending, for Monday night's game between the Indianapolis Colts and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

During a discussion on the 2012 presidential race, Williams began discussing Obama's golf outing with Speaker of the House John Boehner. He said it was a political mistake, on par with "Hitler playing golf with [Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin] Netanyahu."
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-03-2011 09:05 PM

Stupid and poor choice of words - actually a dumb sounding analogy.
A man's character is his fate

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 10-04-2011 01:53 PM

EHH -- if the Dems can do it and they did numerous times in the past administration - against GW -- soooo - Hank gave HIS opinion - right/wrong or not the best thing to do - but why should he be punished when others in last administration time period - weren't??

Yes, he should probably apologize - but when the Dems finally admit and apologize for their language - think we can all go - faint in some corner....

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-04-2011 02:57 PM

I finally actually heard the clip (instead of reading it) and you could tell from the inflection of Hank's voice that he used a poor choice of words and probably not used to speaking so publically about politics and not terribly sophisticated in that regard and again - he used a poor analogy in trying to distinguish the differences philosophically between President Obama and Majority Boerner.

After I heard the tape and realized he had been removed from Monday Night FB I thought of others - like Rob Reiner who compares the Tea Party to Hitler followers. He is not called upon to apologize, he continues to work, makes movies, etc.

I could go on and on with examples but I won't.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 10-04-2011 03:06 PM

I bet hank could go make a record, no one is going to stop him. Why the heck do they make sports people, musicians and so on TV commentators?

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-04-2011 04:00 PM

Fan wrote: I bet hank could go make a record, no one is going to stop him. Why the heck do they make sports people, musicians and so on TV commentators?

I guess because they think it's a good idea at the time????

Speaking of records have you heard the one from Ray Stevens - Mr. President Mr. President.

Truly not trying to be partisan - it's very clever.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-04-2011 04:18 PM

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 10-05-2011 06:07 AM

voguy wrote: ESPN pulls Hank Williams Jr. after he compares Obama to Hitler
Why??

HE IS CLEARLY A DANGER TO THIS COUNTRY!!

Most people are SO BRAINWASHED they cant/wont see this and its sad........

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-05-2011 08:12 AM

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 10-05-2011 07:44 PM

Fan wrote: I bet hank could go make a record, no one is going to stop him. Why the heck do they make sports people, musicians and so on TV commentators?

Good question. And knowing some of the people I know in the news business, and their off camera lives and intellect, I'm always giggling when someone says they put their trust in them.

Back to the topic, when I took my lunch break at noon today, I was listening to the table next to me. Average Americans and one Canadian. Stretched to the brink of exhaustion and expense. The one guy plans on giving up trucking at the end of the year, at age 37.

People are tired, and when you get too tired, you make non-rational decisions. Thus the anger comes out. I think we are really primed for uprisings. But let's see if our government shoots back. That will be the litmus test.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 10-07-2011 11:14 AM

Then you hear about the Occupy group -- and their DEMANDS!

http://occupywallst.org/forum/proposed- ... st-moveme\

---
gee where have we heard some of these before...??

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 10-07-2011 12:19 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: Then you hear about the Occupy group -- and their DEMANDS!

http://occupywallst.org/forum/proposed- ... st-moveme\

---
gee where have we heard some of these before...??

although of course
Admin note: This is not an official list of demands. This is a forum post submitted by a single user and hyped by irresponsible news/commentary agencies like Fox News and Mises.org. This content was not published by the OccupyWallSt.org collective, nor was it ever proposed or agreed to on a consensus basis with the NYC General Assembly. There is NO official list of demands.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 10-07-2011 10:37 PM

Amazing.

I remember when move on dot com had a cgi of Bush with a Hitler stash and a recorded Hitler speech playing over a Bush speech.

And nary a word was said about it.:cool:

Then again I did voice my concern. And that is why I was not aloud to post here for six years.:lol:
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-07-2011 10:43 PM

BenSlain wrote: Amazing.

I remember when move on dot com had a cgi of Bush with a Hitler stash and a recorded Hitler speech playing over a Bush speech.

And nary a word was said about it.:cool:

Then again I did voice my concern. And that is why I was not aloud to post here for six years.:lol:

Ben,

Now that was stupid but I think I understand if you know the personalities.

Glad you are back.:)

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-08-2011 10:23 AM

So much for a serious grass roots protest -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... E-CAR.html

I wonder when Mayor Bloomberg will bring in the battering rams to clean up the slop.

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”