Last minute idea: Persuade West Virginia!

Moderator: Super Moderators

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Last minute idea: Persuade West Virginia!

Post by CindyLouWho » 10-27-2004 09:12 PM

Pirate friends who support John Kerry for President,

I've been working for the Kerry campaign for a few weeks and in between dayjobs for them and in my spare time, I've been writing messages on pre-printed postcards that are already addressed to different West Virginian families.

I thought it might be cool to let some of you share a message that YOU would like to send, in order to help persuade an undecided WV voter to cast his/her vote for KERRY.

Sooooo here's the scoop on how you can partake:

Write a fairly short message (13 lines max on the oversized postcard), try to keep it positive (no Bush bashing), and in your own words try to convince a voter why he/she should vote for Kerry.

I only have about 20 cards left, so will take them on a first post basis ... (as if we'll have 20 replies!) ... and I'm sorry that I'm asking so late. I've already done this with another pirate (Mudwoman) and thought I'd see if anyone else was interested too.

Anyone wanna??

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 10-27-2004 09:20 PM

Here is a sample, that Sandy and I wrote:

Dear ________ Family,

America needs a new direction.

John Kerry and John Edwards offer a new vision of an America that is safe at home and respected again in the world.

With John Kerry as president we will have the strong, calm leadership we need to guide us through the difficult times ahead.

Please join me, on Nov. 2nd, 2004, in supporting the John Kerry and John Edwards as the new President and Vice President of the United States.

Sincerly,

_____ ______

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 10-27-2004 09:23 PM

Oh ... this is the bad news (the last minute part) ..

I only have until Friday morning to finish these ... which is easy for me, but means if you want to partake you need to do so NOW (no pressure, hehe).

XOXO

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 10-27-2004 09:33 PM

We were given these points to hit on, if we wanted to ...
  • Stop the flow of WV jobs overseas
  • Raise the minimum wage to $7.00 an hour
  • Invest $10 billion in clean coal technology
  • Protect overtime pay for WV workers
  • Make health care affordable
  • Lower the cost of prescription drugs
  • Increase funding for WV schools

NeelyGirl
Pirate

Post by NeelyGirl » 10-27-2004 10:14 PM

Dear ________ Family,

There is so much at stake this election year. Through out the entire country including WEST VIRGINIA. John Kerry realizes jobs are disappearing, health care is sky rocketing, and no one can raise a family on the current minimum wage of 5.15 an hour.

Kerry recognizes this and has a plan to lower costs and make health insurance accessible to 95 percent of Americans.
John Kerry also wants a 7.00 minimum wage to help families get ahead. John Kerry and John Edwards know that we're stronger when we create good-paying jobs here, not ship them overseas.

We all know this is well overdue.

John Kerry knows America can do better.

I'm voting for John Kerry aren't you?

Sincerely,

<Man Cindy that was hard, not to think of reasons why to vote for Kerry, but the wording, and I have been researching all about West Virginia...I should know a lot more..We're neighbors for crying out loud!;) But I read some local papers to help get a feel on "your" issues you mentioned>

Hope it sounds "good enough"..if not you can print it and let the children of Kerry Supporters color it;)
Wiggle your big toe.

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 10-27-2004 11:21 PM

Great Job, Neelychicklet!!

I'll get right on your postcard ... which looks like it will be going out to a family in Spencer, WV!! Woooohooooo!!

Thanks for sharing YOUR WORDS w/ one of my fellow West-By-God-Virginians!!

Return to “USA Archive”