Rolling Stones Ditches One Of Their Hits Amid Controversy

For music-related discussions

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Rolling Stones Ditches One Of Their Hits Amid Controversy

Post by Riddick » 10-13-2021 01:03 PM

One of the band's most-played live songs, the 1971 classic "Brown Sugar," has been removed from their setlist over criticism of the lyrics which are said to explore the horrors of slavery, as well as sexual assault.

"You picked up on that, huh?" guitarist Keith Richards said when asked during an interview with the LA Times why the Stones had not performed the song during their No Filter Tour.

"I don’t know. I’m trying to figure out with the sisters quite where the beef is," he continued. "Didn’t they understand this was a song about the horrors of slavery? But they’re trying to bury it. At the moment I don’t want to get into conflicts with all of this sh*t."

Whether fans will ever hear "Brown Sugar" performed on stage by the Stones again remains a question with no definite answer, but Richards remains hopeful.

"I’m hoping that we’ll be able to resurrect the babe in her glory somewhere along the track," he said.

FULL STORY
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Music”