Amber Lyons

Discussion of the Caravan To Midnight radio program with host John B. Wells

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Amber Lyons

Post by kbot » 09-29-2013 06:13 PM

Anyone catch John B Wells show Saturday night? He was featuring ex-CNN journalist Amber Lyons. I didn't catch all of the show, but what I heard was interesting and gives a new slant to the MSM.

Ms Lyon proved what many of us feared about the MSM morphing into the Keystone Kops, as she told a story about how she and her team were in Bahrain filming a story about how the Bahrainian government was oppressing their own people who were protesting in the country.

The US has a major naval base in Bahrain, which is located along the Persian Gulf.

While Lyons crew was at CNN discussing with CNN execs the plans to air their documentary here at home, at the exact same time, other CNN execs were at the opposite end f the building taking money from Brahranian officials to NOT air the segment on CNN's International channel.

Apparently, this is becoming a common practice throughout the media.....

amber Lyons has two websites:

http://amberlyonlive.com/amber-lyon/

https://www.facebook.com/MuckrakerPress ... ion=stream

Got to give John credit for airing this show. I find him much better than Noory, but this was one of John's best I think.....

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 09-29-2013 09:59 PM

It was a cool interview until Wells mentioned that she graduated from a state university. Anyway, she lost her wind after that.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 09-30-2013 10:56 AM

Personally I liked the interview. Her website has some amazing stories. She has a link to a video showing her speech on the NDAA and how the government has been using it to detain, or threaten journalists as the case may be.

http://amberlyonlive.com/2013/07/23/har ... -the-ndaa/

And, since our crack MSM is so afraid of offending Obama, they simply aren't reporting these stories.

I've come to the conclusion that Obama is far, far worse than Bush. I couldn't stand Bush when he was in office. But, at least the Left used to report on what he was up to. Now, the media doesn't report much at all. They're too afraid. I'm afraid that we're going to turn into Chile with more people being "disappeared" because they were suspected of being terrorists, when al they were doing were asking questions.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 09-30-2013 11:08 AM

I heard the show - very good.
A man's character is his fate

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 09-30-2013 12:25 PM

Combine the show with the infomation on her websites, and it's scary. What the heck's happened to "journalists"? All we have now are talking heads, it seems.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 09-30-2013 07:51 PM

kbot wrote: Combine the show with the infomation on her websites, and it's scary. What the heck's happened to "journalists"? All we have now are talking heads, it seems.

Remember the old term "public service"? That and journalism - long gone.
A man's character is his fate

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-01-2013 05:30 AM

Public "service" is now a career choice.

We've strayed very far as a nation when public service was considered to be a short-term proposition

Return to “John B. Wells Caravan To Midnight”