Being The Donald

Moderator: Super Moderators

Raggedyann
Pirate

Re: Being The Donald

Post by Raggedyann » 07-27-2016 06:18 PM

Senator Marco Rubio says a president Donald Trump would learn about policy issues as he goes. In a Wednesday radio interview with WGN, Rubio said that, as president, Trump would receive better information on issues, rather than Trump's current tactic of forming opinions from "a blog somewhere."
"As he settles into this role as the nominee and ultimately the president, access to these issues is going to begin to, in some ways, kind of shape some of the policy positions given reality versus perhaps what you might read about on a blog somewhere," Rubio said, addding that “I view the Senate as a place that can always act as a check and balance on whoever the next president is."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/201 ... ce=copyurl

He once said he learned from watching News Shows on TV. Nice to see he has taken up reading.

If he gets to the WH, those nameless shadowy figures that lurk in the background will straighten him out. All one can hope is that those shadowy figures aren't responsible for his rise in the first place. :shock:
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-27-2016 07:50 PM

Raggedyann wrote:Trump is the death sentence or Clinton is the death sentence? Not sure what you mean.
Clinton. I think Trump could be controlled but Hillary would be one lawless act after another. Actually, Jill Stein would be better than Hillary. Ultimately I think Gary Johnson is the best medicine.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Election Death Sentences

Post by Riddick » 07-27-2016 11:40 PM

voguy wrote:I think Trump could be controlled but Hillary would be one lawless act after another.
IAWTC

Tellya whut, in a choice between Hillary and an asteroid hitting earth? I'd go with the asteroid.

If it was Trump and the asteroid, I'd have to flip a coin.

IMHO As events go, electing him may be inviting disaster. OTOH, with Hillary you KNOW it's going to be beyond extinction level
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 07-28-2016 08:55 AM

Heads of State past and future as stop motion cut outs that include many faces and figures of the The Donald! :lol:

http://www.wired.com/2016/05/politician ... n-cutouts/
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 07-29-2016 09:41 AM, edited 1 time in total.
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-29-2016 02:41 AM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 07-29-2016 08:47 AM

So some are against Trump - why? Because he doesn't conform to 'your' standards? Because he is not afraid to speak up and point out things that are wrong, things that are going on in front of people's faces.

We do need our USSC to follow the constitution, and it is fairly obvious that they do not always do that - over the last few years - why well let's just say there are a few there that follow what they are told by the party under which they were placed in the USSC.

Should the mosques be destroyed - only if they are harboring ISIS types. Only if they are attempting to push SHARIA law upon this nation. Any woman who does not understand that one, spend time and look it up.

As for gays/lesbians - they are entitled to legal UNIONS. That is what they originally desired - unions that meant they had same rights to taxes, insurances, medical visits, home ownerships - etc. In my mind they will never be "married" by original definition of male and female. BUT I do believe in them having a legal union for other purposes as noted. ((AND yes I have friends in both groups. Guess what - they still have never gotten "married" - but do have legal tax files, etc.))

Trump will seek advice of different experts in fields that he does lack knowledge. That is the kind of person he has always been. As noted he will put people into positions who do have the knowledge (and has even said that he does not care if their political party affiliation is GOP, DEM, Independent) and expertise for the position. THINK about that!

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-29-2016 03:36 PM

As it is I'm not against OR for Trump.

OTOH I'm ALL THE WAY NO bones about it anti-Hillary.

That's a standard I'll always conform to

-Donald Trump Image

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 07-29-2016 04:06 PM

“I mean, the things that were said about me,” Trump told the crowd. “I was going to hit a number of those speakers so hard their heads would spin, they’d never recover!”

What began as Trump griping, however, quickly turned menacing.

“I was going to hit one guy in particular, a very little guy. I was going to hit this guy so hard his head would spin. He wouldn’t know what the hell happened.”

Trump never named his target, but he seemed to confirm in a tweet Friday morning that it was former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, one of the DNC speakers.
------
No need to name a source, it's everywhere.

A lot of sane people think this insane Trump thing is a carefully crafted charade. But for you guys that believe this is all serious business, does the above not give you reason to pause? Shaking my head and not at Trump.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-29-2016 09:29 PM

I could see a lot of people who would want to hit Bloomberg. Sane people? There really are some left? :roll: 103° in the shade today, that's not "sane" either.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Insanity Is The New Sanity

Post by Riddick » 07-30-2016 01:19 AM

Doka wrote:I could see a lot of people who would want to hit Bloomberg. Sane people? There really are some left? :roll: 103° in the shade today, that's not "sane" either.
Oh, I dunno. Could be it's as rational as saying the science is settled and it's all due to mankind causing irreversible and catastrophic climate change. IMHO, it's people like that who could use a good smack, for all the good it'd do to change their mind!

As it is being sane's never been a requirement for holding office OR for that matter, voting. Doubt me? Read the Constitution front to back. There ain't no Sanity Clause. Image

"It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane." - Philip K. Dick

"Reality is always controlled by the people who are the most insane." - Dogbert

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans suffer from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they are okay, then it’s you." - Rita Mae Brown

"Insanity is relative. It depends on who has who locked in what cage." - Ray Bradbury

"Insanity: A perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world." - R.D. Laing

"Years ago, it meant something to be crazy. Now everyone’s crazy." - Charles Manson

"We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe." - Johann von Goethe

"Democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage." - H.L. Mencken

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"When the world goes mad, one must accept madness as sanity; since sanity is, in the last analysis, nothing but the madness on which the whole world happens to agree." - George Bernard Shaw

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."..."In America, anyone can become president. That's the problem." - George Carlin

"No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up." - Lily Tomlin

"Sometimes I think that the greatest sign that there is intelligent life somewhere in the universe is that it hasn’t tried to contact us yet." - Bill Watterson

"We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat

"Beam me up, Scotty." - James T. Kirk

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-30-2016 10:22 AM

Riddick, you sure find good stuff!
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 07-30-2016 01:11 PM

You wrote it right Doka, the dedicated pirates work here finding the strange, cool, the good, the bad and the ugly day and night! Hey! It's wot keeps the Guests 'ah commin' back for more!

Riddick wrote above......

"As it is being sane's never been a requirement for holding office OR for that matter, voting. Doubt me? Read the Constitution front to back. There ain't no Sanity Clause. Image

Random drug and alcohol tests would be a logical mandate but the one's ah mandate'in laws aint'ah gonna do it! :confused:

To date that campaign promise has not been made yet, nor will it be! Along with The Donald or HRC chatting up any remote mention of an IRS killer in a Fair Tax or the Flat Tax. Nope! But if that's always been "nope" at least we can "hope there's a change" in the ways we are taxed in those 78 thousand pages of regs, loopholes & property confiscations! :P

Edited July 31 to add "loopholes and property confiscations" in the line just above here! :realmad:
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 07-31-2016 07:23 PM, edited 2 times in total.

#1 A

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-31-2016 03:43 PM

Malaria_Kidd II wrote:Random drug and alcohol tests would be a logical mandate but the one's ah mandate'in laws aint'ah gonna do it! :confused:

To date that campaign promise has not been made yet, nor will it be! Along with The Donald or HRC chatting up any remote mention of an IRS killer in a Fair Tax or the Flat Tax. Nope! But if that's always been "nope" at least we can "hope there's a change" in the ways we are taxed in those 78 thousand pages of regs & rules! :P

-Donald Trump Image

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Re: Being The Donald & he's not mentioned a fair or flat tax, yet!

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 07-31-2016 07:02 PM

Wow! Right'O Riddick and I've not watched it yet! :o Many thanks before hand!

Yeah! Gary Johnson for President! He's mentioned as a pre-election also-ran by the conservative talkers and NONE so far have mentioned he's on the same fair tax team as Neil Boortz, who wrote the book! :idea: 8)

MK II :D

:lol: A new addition we can call an edit for the heck of it. I watched it finally deciding Gary was wearing the headphones. But all he said was, "That was terrific!" :|

Not wanting to go off topic but a couple of inches; :oops: tell us more Riddick, & voguy or to those in the know about Gary's further stance on the Fair Tax. :?

#1 A

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 08-03-2016 11:40 PM

US nuclear codes: key terms explained
A card showing the numbers which open a suitcase containing America's nuclear codes was lost during Bill Clinton's presidency, it has been claimed. "The Football" and "The Biscuit" are explained here.

- The plastic card is nicknamed "The Biscuit".
- The incumbent president carries the card with him at all times to identify himself as the Commander-in-Chief.
- Former president Jimmy Carter was rumoured to have once left it in a suit that was sent to the dry cleaners.
- "The Biscuit" contains the numbers which open a briefcase known as "The Football". "The Football" holds nuclear codes which the US president would use to authorise the launch of nuclear weapons. It is a black briefcase and is sometimes referred to as "The Nuclear Football" or "The Black Box".

- According to a former director of the White House Military Office it also contains "The Black Book" which lists retaliatory options in the event of a nuclear attack on the United States, a book detailing secret locations where the president could hide during an emergency, and a folder explaining how to broadcast the emergency to the public.

- "The Football" weighs approximately 45 lbs and has an antenna poking out from near the handle.
- It is thought that the president is always accompanied by a military aide who carries "The Football".
- It came into being during the presidency of Dwight D Eisenhower. The name "football" is thought to have derived from a nuclear attack plan nicknamed "Dropkick".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ained.html

God help us if Trump has total control over the "The Football" and "The Biscuit".

I had no idea how easy it would be for a President to plunge us all into nuclear war. :shock:

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”