Being The Donald

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Re: Being The Donald

Post by Doka » 01-21-2017 12:37 AM

Raggedyann wrote:
Doka wrote:
Raggedyann wrote: I view my closed mind to Trump as realism. How did you view your closed mind when Obama won in 2008 and 2012?

I always knew what Obama was about
How nice that you have the wisdom and option to form a negative opinion of a President prior to his term in office. Other people have the same option but your opinion is the only one that counts and the opinion of the majority of Americans, and many others around the world means they are just strangling themselves. :mrgreen:

Nothing to do with wisdom or opinion, but a lesson taught to a pupil (me). Majorities are not always right, especially if you are a lemming . We all have the option to reason and think ,some use it some don't. :rolleyes:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-21-2017 02:30 AM

Doka wrote:Majorities are not always right, especially if you are a lemming . We all have the option to reason and think ,some use it some don't. :rolleyes:
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

"Among creatures born into chaos, a majority will imagine an order, a minority will question the order, and the rest will be pronounced insane." - Robert Breault

"It doesn't take a majority to win but a irate minority setting brush fires of freedom in minds of men." - Samuel Adams

"Never be afraid to stand with the minority when the minority is right, for the minority which is right will one day be the majority." - William Jennings Bryan

"The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority." - Ralph W. Sockman

"A majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority." - Ayn Rand

"Constitutions are checks upon the hasty action of the majority. They are the self-imposed restraints of a whole people upon a majority of them to secure sober action and a respect for the rights of the minority." - William Howard Taft

"A dissenting minority feels free only when it can impose its will on the majority: what it abominates most is the dissent of the majority." - Eric Hoffer

"We cannot let a minority of people hold a viewpoint that terrorizes the majority of people." - Hillary Clinton

"The minority yields to the majority!" - Deng Xiaoping

"In a democracy sovereignty is vested in a majority; and a majority is not only, at best, an ignorant, foolish and emotional mob, but shifts continually and alters from year to year." - Jean Bodin

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking." - A. A. Milne

"I meet a lot of people and I'm convinced that the vast majority of wrong thinking people are right." - Mrs. Havoc-Jones

"I think all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not! And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am." - Graham Chapman
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

And The Legal Fun Begins!

Post by Riddick » 01-21-2017 04:31 AM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-21-2017 04:34 AM

Oh I can't disagree that the majority oft times get it wrong but in this case they were severely ripped off to the detriment of the sane. The only thing that will benefit from this non majority vote is Trump's business empire. :P
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-21-2017 05:23 AM

Raggedyann wrote:Oh I can't disagree that the majority oft times get it wrong but in this case they were severely ripped off to the detriment of the sane. The only thing that will benefit from this non majority vote is Trump's business empire. :P
That's one way to look at it, but, it is incorrect. Unlike some countries where there is a single popular vote, we in the US have 50 separate state elections. It's the law and has been since our country's founding.

What that means is that for anyone who wants to run for president, s/he needs to be prepared to campaign for ALL votes cast, not just those s/he feels/ deigns to campaign for. Candidates KNOW this going into the campaign season and they make deliberate choices based on a number of factors, such as whether they feel comfortable by having an extended lead, or, by campaigning harder because they're behind.

Ironically, both Obama and Trump recognized Hilary's weaknesses in certain key states that Obama easily won (twice) that eventually Hillary lost handily due to her refusal to campaign-in. Things were so bad that Obama campaigned for her - and she still lost those states that she should have won, on paper. In the end, Hillary could not connect with certain segments of the voting public, and whether it was her smugness or just bad advice, that cost her. Also, the celebrity "We look down our noses at you" view that the Far Left rams down the country's throat ad nauseum, just doesn't wear well with people who are struggling to make ends-meet, and, for better or worse, these are the people Hillary and the Left choose to align themselves with, with all the baggage that goes with it.

The "voting public" also is a minority of those who actually COULD vote and chose (for whatever reason) not to.

In a nutshell, I place the blame squarely on our Dept of Education who find it far more huggy feely to jettison "burdensome" lessons on history and civics and replace them with expanded lessons on social engineering. Perhaps if the teachers actually taught subjects that matter, our students would rank higher in the world and just maybe the Far Left fringe wouldn't be freaking out today over their clear lack of knowledge over how the American voting system actually works, rather than over how they THINK it does or, in their view, should work. Just because you want something, or think that something IS something, doesn't make it so. This is the same crowd that cheered Rosie O'Donnell over her call for Obama to institute martial law during his last day to prevent Trump's inauguration, and when pressed on whether they knew what martial law actually was, replied that they didn't care, and it "must be good because Rosie said so.......".

If this is any indication of what the Left thinks, and HOW they think, then maybe it's better Hillary didn't win, because these people are dangerous and are far more a threat than Trump will ever be.

The lesson here - BEFORE complaining, get an education on how the American political system structure actually works, and then exercise the responsibility to vote. Most people don't and then all they do is complain about how bad things are later. It's too late then.......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-21-2017 12:37 PM

Not interested in the voting system of the USA. It gave us a madman!

Are you watching the protests around the world today? The power of twitter pales in comparison to this, so have atter Frumpy Trumpy. :)
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-21-2017 02:07 PM

A good example of Trump's "America first" and screw the rest of the world.

Mud-slinging and Mexican flags define decade-long battle over Trump's Scottish golf course

Snippet:
The Munros lived right next to the site earmarked by Trump for his clubhouse at Trump International Golf Links.

When they refused to sell their land, diggers hired by Trump International arrived and started building up berms. They completely blocked the couple's views of the dunes and the sea beyond that they had enjoyed for more than two decades.

"It's just awful. I feel like I'm in prison now," says Munro.

Susan Munro owns the property right next to the site that was earmarked for the golf course's clubhouse. When construction on the golf course began, her view of the region's sand dunes was completely blocked. (Pascal Leblond/CBC)

Similar intimidation tactics were used against others who refused to sell; one neighbour was reportedly sent a bill for a fence constructed in front of his property.

That's when the Mexican flags started going up.

Full story:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-inau ... -1.3946016

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-21-2017 09:00 PM

Raggedyann wrote:Not interested in the voting system of the USA. It gave us a madman!

Are you watching the protests around the world today? The power of twitter pales in comparison to this, so have atter Frumpy Trumpy. :)
Well, we have madmen (and a few women thrown-in as well) all around the world. Trump is nothing new.

And, while I can appreciate that you don't care about how our system of government actually works, since you'd not American after all, the fact is, this IS how the system works and has for well over 225 years now. In fact, it's been so successful that many republics have copied our constitution.

Here's the thing - again, people NEED TO KNOW how things work, People here are just not serious. They'd rather stay focuses on their cells phones of games or watch crap on TV - ANYTHING other than participate in what actually maters. And then when things don't turn out the way they wanted, they freak out, throw temper tantrums , and rush t celebrities to somehow save them. Listening to celebrities is what got them into this predicament in the first place. It is clearly obvious that the average American voter is both apathetic and uninformed on how the process works, else they would participate.They need to grow up....... I hope that this is a wake-up call to for people to get involved beyond finding ways for the government to run their lives and maybe the social activism of the 60s and early 70s will be resurrected with far-reaching, longer lasting successes.

But, people really need to take a look at themselves in the mirror and ask themselves why they chose not to vote.......

Voter turnout at 20-year low in 2016

Washington (CNN) — Voter turnout this year dipped to nearly its lowest point in two decades.

While election officials are still tabulating ballots, the 126 million votes already counted means about 55% of voting age citizens cast ballots this year.

That measure of turnout is the lowest in a presidential election since 1996, when 53.5% of voting-age citizens turned out.

As election officials go through outstanding ballots -- such as provisional ballots and those with write-ins -- the turnout figures will change.

But it would take another 18.7 million votes to reach the high point for turnout of 2008, when nearly 64% of voting age citizens cast a ballot.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/11/politics/ ... nout-2016/

Don't blame the individual who won the election (fairly, according to our laws....). Blame the MILLIONS of people who made a conscious choice to not take their responsibilities seriously. The US has bent over backwards it make registering easier, generally speaking. You can do this in person, online on your cell or PC. But at some point people need to get off their asses and actually vote. Works much better than whining.........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-22-2017 01:48 AM

I do not trust CNN , period . I think they fudged the numbers here as they certainly screwed up the polls. Their Hillary didn't win.

I will tell you why they are so hateful with a name you might recognize Hanoi Jane Fonda. A very close association, I might add.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-22-2017 04:48 AM

Doka wrote:I do not trust CNN , period . I think they fudged the numbers here as they certainly screwed up the polls. Their Hillary didn't win.

I will tell you why they are so hateful with a name you might recognize Hanoi Jane Fonda. A very close association, I might add.
CNN has been exposed as being pro-Hillary. MSNBC was a goner a long, long time ago as being excessively pro-Far, Far Left and goes without saying. The lie of an unbiased media is on full display.

Should be interesting to see how Trump and the WH Communications Office deals with the media

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-22-2017 05:48 AM

kbot wrote:
Doka wrote:I do not trust CNN , period . I think they fudged the numbers here as they certainly screwed up the polls. Their Hillary didn't win.

Should be interesting to see how Trump and the WH Communications Office deals with the media
With a bunch of lies.

Riddick
Pirate

Don't Mess With The Master Showman

Post by Riddick » 01-22-2017 06:22 AM

kbot wrote:Should be interesting to see how Trump and the WH Communications Office deals with the media
No doubt flaps about fake news will abound. What's real, what isn't? Hey, who knows? Going solely by what one side or the other says, getting the whole story could be difficult but that's always been the case. If there's anything you can be sure of, it's you can't be sure of anything.

That said, don't forget Trump is the first Pro Wrestling president. He's admitted he engages in "truthful hyperbole." He doesn't give speeches or answer questions so much as he delivers promos! As such his administration is more than ready for some verbal if not physical sparring -

The biased bullsh!t MSM can dish it out, but they can't take it. It doesn't matter what they come up with, look for The Donald & his spokespeople to layeth the smackdown on their candy asses.

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Re: Don't Mess With The Master Showman

Post by kbot » 01-22-2017 12:09 PM

Riddick wrote:No doubt flaps about fake news will abound. What's real, what isn't? Hey, who knows? Going solely by what one side or the other says, getting the whole story could be difficult but that's always been the case. If there's anything you can be sure of, it's you can't be sure of anything.
It's not as if this happened before - there was a story about Iran a few years back where the intelligence agencies said they were working on nukes. Then, that story became politically inconvenient and the next year, the story was denied - never happened. The very next year, the story was back: Iran was developing nukes. Intelligence agencies have been known to have their own agendas. It's been that way for decades.

The question is - "Who" is leaking the information from these intelligence briefings to the media?

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 01-22-2017 02:51 PM

Raggedyann wrote:Not interested in the voting system of the USA. It gave us a madman!

The Stars and Stripes as an Islamic hijab women's head cover and I'm sure RA was writing about January 21st.

George SSoros is the madman at large :!:

[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-22-2017 02:54 PM

Kbot Quote:

The question is - "Who" is leaking the information from these intelligence briefings to the media?
--------------------------------------------

Can you imagine living in our current World WITHOUT "Leaks" ? We would not be aware of much of anything?

In the old'en days it was called" gossip " took 6 months to get around town and if important enough it may have been released to the rest of the world through books and hand written letters. My, how things have changed!
KARMA RULES

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”