Time to Recognize State Terror

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 12-12-2012 01:01 PM

HB3 wrote: I don't understand how people can say 9/11 was used to demonize Islam, when the opposite happened -- that's precisely when the government, the Bush government mind you, adopted the nothing-to-do-with-Islam, "religion of peace" language. And subsequently we have phenomena like the funding of the "Arab Spring," Obama's Cairo speech, government importation of Somalian refugees, coverups of obvious jihadi attacks (Major Hassan, etc.) and on and on and on. This is the actual location of the taboo in American society -- not "criticism of Israel," which is, after all, a favorite hobby of both the progressive left and the paleo-conservative right.

Huh? The countries we live in largely believe Islamics are terrorists. That is because they were told a billion times they are terrorists (with no proof given I may add). Bush basically said "not all Islamics are terrorists, but Islamic Alqaidas are coming to getcha".

I guess we just read different stuff. http://www.onislam.net/english/news/ame ... h-fbi.html
A recent Gallup poll, however, found 43 percent of Americans Nationwide admitted to feeling at least “a little” prejudice against Muslims.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 12-12-2012 01:01 PM

HB3 wrote: It must be that any kind of "totalizing" system, religious or political, has an appeal to the modern liberal as a relief from the anxiety that is an intrinsic part of his existence. This is the point of William Barrett in his book on Existentialism, "Irrational Man." The liberated ego is wracked with anxiety, horror, insecurity, precisely to the extent that he's been "liberated" from the normalizing precepts of his past. So if he can no longer believe in these precepts, where can he find some? An obvious candidate would be the culture of the "Other." This explains the curious phenomenon of western feminists arguing in favor of practices they would find abhorrent within their own culture, but acceptable within an exoticized culture outside, removed, and even opposed to their own.

It would also explain the entrenched hostility to Israel, since Judaism represents the foundations of the civilizational order they long to escape from. And now, having escaped, they shiver, terrified, in the void of their own making. Sucks when you get what you wish for! How ironic that the only thing that would calm the terror of a liberated modern would be, oh, I don't know, a totalitarian political order dominating every aspect of existence.
I can't argue with a word of that. It's a plausible theory of how totalitarian orders gain acceptance.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 12-13-2012 03:08 AM

Fan wrote: Huh? The countries we live in largely believe Islamics are terrorists. That is because they were told a billion times they are terrorists (with no proof given I may add).
Exactly Fan!!!

Its upsetting how many puppets there really are in this country!

HB3

Post by HB3 » 12-13-2012 05:29 AM

Right. Also, Christmas trees don't exist....:D

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-13-2012 11:50 AM

HB3 wrote: It must be that any kind of "totalizing" system, religious or political, has an appeal to the modern liberal as a relief from the anxiety that is an intrinsic part of his existence. This is the point of William Barrett in his book on Existentialism, "Irrational Man." The liberated ego is wracked with anxiety, horror, insecurity, precisely to the extent that he's been "liberated" from the normalizing precepts of his past.
And now, having escaped, they shiver, terrified, in the void of their own making. Sucks when you get what you wish for! How ironic that the only thing that would calm the terror of a liberated modern would be, oh, I don't know, a totalitarian political order dominating every aspect of existence.
Makes sense. Embrace the Void? Get chilled to the bone. Hardly comforting. So, what to do?

Thankfully, there's a couple things working in their favor - Number 1? Nature abhors a vacuum. Thus, by way of major suckage, the Void can and will be filled by SOMETHING.

Number 2: Since every action produces an equal and opposite reaction, having initially liberated their egos so COMPLETELY of cultural precepts, the major suckage produces the precisely OPPOSITE situation, filling the Void to overflowing with societal dictates.

The beauty of all this is, as only natural forces are at work, the newly enlightened egos can claim this state of being IS the one TRUE natural state - all others, being unnaturally contrived, are inherently impure.

While Embracing the Void is scary, as the first step in transformation it is nonetheless essential! Those of us who've not yet gone through the cathartic "cleansing" and the subsequent suckage by which universal knowledge can be attained have two choices: get with the program, or suffer the consequences.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 12-13-2012 12:01 PM

HB3 wrote: Right. Also, Christmas trees don't exist....:D
Nope, and neither do the people you are theorizing about :)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-13-2012 12:36 PM

Fan [/i][quote][i]Originally posted by HB3 wrote: Right. Also, Christmas trees don't exist....:D
Nope, and neither do the people you are theorizing about :) [/quote]So, what do Islamic extremism and Christmas trees have in common?

Non-existence, apparently... Still, both inspire fear and loathing in different groups of people -

Christian Null meets Muslim Void! Well, THERE's a combination ripe with the possibility of some REAL suckage.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 12-13-2012 12:43 PM

There is Islamic extremism, just as there is Christian extremism and every other kind of extremism. Islamic extremism is not something you need to worry yourselves about overly is my point. But we all need a scapegoat for harsh truths as HB3 notes, so I guess that particular fable serves an ongoing purpose for the tortured conservative mind. Go bomb and be merry.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-13-2012 01:11 PM

Fan, I am not sure if you agree or not, and would be interested on your opinion on this article. It seems Canada has it's concerns or not.

http://blogs.ottawacitizen.com/2012/10/ ... mmigrants/

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-13-2012 01:33 PM

Fan wrote: There is Islamic extremism, just as there is Christian extremism and every other kind of extremism. Islamic extremism is not something you need to worry yourselves about overly is my point.
As a worry, I'd say Islamic extremism is something Americans ought not allow themselves to become totally obsessed with, so much as the threat it poses solely in terms of terrorist activity here in the states is none that will bring the country down -

OTOH and IMHO, targets as they are, it's a different story for Americans overseas. Obsessing is one thing, ignoring warnings entirely is another.
Fan wrote: But we all need a scapegoat for harsh truths as HB3 notes, so I guess that particular fable serves an ongoing purpose for the tortured conservative mind. Go bomb and be merry.
Yes indeedy, Fan! God Bless Us, we all need scapegoats. AND so far as harsh truths, so much as any bombing or drone attacks going on right now are serving any ongoing purpose OR causing any troubled minds at the Obama White House, the message sent there is Merry Christmas to All, And To All A Good Fright.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 12-13-2012 01:35 PM

Doka wrote: Fan, I am not sure if you agree or not, and would be interested on your opinion on this article. It seems Canada has it's concerns or not.

http://blogs.ottawacitizen.com/2012/10/ ... mmigrants/

I am not afraid of Muslims because I know about them, and they are no different from you or I. Our country is built on immigration, we are all immigrants. Letting in one group or another is not going to destroy our country, exactly the opposite in fact, that is one of our strengths. We have insular silly people in government now, putting out propaganda against Muslims, all because of fake news reports and the ignorance of the general public.

If people got out of their own countries a little more we would have none of these debates. People are people. Understand them and you will learn about yourself at the same time.
We cannot, however, continue with such an in-flow of immigrants under the present arrangement of the official policy of multiculturalism based on the premise all cultures are equal when this is untrue
This is simply racism. The funny part is he is Islamic and is not leaving our country, why not? Because he is now shilling for the conservative agenda perhaps?

It is terrible we have let ourselves be lied to and manipulated by these idiots.

It doesn't matter what I think, or people like me because we are drowned out by the racists. Tolerance and acceptance, love and respect is a bygone ideal. Now it is us vs. them, there is no other discussion.

The funny part is that the "them" changes every decade or so, if people only looked back at history they would see the immense scam being pulled on them.

We don't naturally have enemies in reality. We make them.

---

Is my position clear enough? :) I know it is not a popular idea on this forum, but I don't care at all. I know it is the truth. People are all different and interesting and important in every way possible. This is the beauty of the human race, of the earth.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 12-13-2012 01:37 PM

Riddick wrote: As a worry, I'd say Islamic extremism is something Americans ought not allow themselves to become totally obsessed with, so much as the threat it poses solely in terms of terrorist activity here in the states is none that will bring the country down -

OTOH and IMHO, targets as they are, it's a different story for Americans overseas. Obsessing is one thing, ignoring warnings entirely is another.Yes indeedy, Fan! God Bless Us, we all need scapegoats. AND so far as harsh truths, so much as any bombing or drone attacks going on right now are serving any ongoing purpose OR causing any troubled minds at the Obama White House, the message sent there is Merry Christmas to All, And To All A Good Fright.
Yes and the fact that all terrorism committed in the US in any sort of decided way has been by white people, christians, military men. Might give one pause. Who is the next propganda war going to be against? All this rhetoric and weapons you are developing, who will their next target be? Who does it HAVE to be.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 12-13-2012 01:42 PM

No, we aren't all immigrants. A more appropriate term might be settlers, or, yes, "conquerors." The use of "immigrants" in this context is a dangerously misleading misnomer. It probably helped the Republicans lose the election. It's become a kind of coded term designed to establish one's moral authority in the ongoing inter-ethnic North American (and European, I suppose) class war.

Meanwhile...

Israeli and Jewish officials in Denmark on Wednesday warned Jews to avoid openly wearing religious symbols and dress when moving about Copenhagen amid rising anti-Israeli sentiment.
Oh, well...people are all the same....well....I guess some are more equal than others...

HB3

Post by HB3 » 12-13-2012 01:59 PM

Also, I'd guess that this sort of ideology is going to have an exceedingly short shelf-life in the 21st century, and that this will, in fact, accelerate. Culturally and governmentally, though, it will be Lysenkoism, all the way.....
Last edited by HB3 on 12-13-2012 02:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 12-13-2012 02:18 PM

Oh, and the other thing that sucks is there will be a direct and inverse relation between the perception of "inconvenient truths" and the increasingly punitive crackdown on these perceptions. Again, look to the Soviets for examples of this mechanism. Finally, though, the whole thing breaks down, and when it does, it's "seemingly" sudden.

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”