New Stealth Fighter 6th-Gen Prototype Flies in Record Time, Invisible and Deadly

Leading edge technology. Nanobots, gen tech, zero gravity?

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

New Stealth Fighter 6th-Gen Prototype Flies in Record Time, Invisible and Deadly

Post by Doka » 09-17-2020 07:11 PM

Now I find this Exciting...........Makes me wonder when they are going to show "The Disk" they do have one or two. :D

A new stealth fighter prototype has taken to the skies, Air Force acquisition chief William Roper casually let it be known on Tuesday.

Move over, F-22 Raptor — there’s a new kid in town.

Well, maybe not quite yet, but also maybe years sooner than anyone expected or even dreamed.

The Air Force “secretly designed, built, and tested” the prototype in just one year, which is unprecedented in recent decades.

Can you say, “Make procurement great again?”

Roper told Defense News earlier this week, “We’ve already built and flown a full-scale flight demonstrator in the real world, and we broke records in doing it.”

Staying otherwise mum on when the world can expect to see the world’s first sixth-generation air superiority jet, Roper added, “All I can say is that the.. test flights have been amazing.”

Officially known at this early date as the Next Generation Air Dominance (NGAD) fighter, the Air Force could not have found a better time to get its procurement mojo back.

Currently, the Air Force’s air superiority fleet consists of just 186 F-22 Raptors and around 450 F-15C/D Eagles.

The more-numerous F-15 platforms, designed back in the early 1970s, would have difficulty surviving — at best — against the air defense systems of near-peer opponents like China and Russia.

There aren’t enough F-22s to go around, which is hard on airframes expected to serve for 40 years or more. All that extra flying ages the platforms more quickly than defense planners accounted for, meaning USAF has got to get its replacement in the air ASAP.

Full Facinating Article/Comments

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2020/09 ... ly-n937899
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “Technology”