In Memory of Diana, Princess of Wales

Global news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-26-2007 05:00 PM

HurricaneJoanie wrote: You've got to be kidding, Shirley...she's afraid for her life. Her quotes are PR BS.

I was trying to be nice, not easy you know.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 08-26-2007 05:11 PM

SETIsLady wrote: How many here watched the wedding of Princess Diana and Prince Charles?

Oh, I did Linda -- up at the crack of dawn with a pot full of tea -- and I didn't even like Diana at that time. My best friend who attended one the same boarding schools as Diana called her (as did many in Britain at the time), "Lady Muck." I had just returned from England and had seen Diana-mania on the streets of London -- souvenir stands, banners. You could feel the joy everywhere.

At the time, I was still enamored with Prince Charles (I'd rushed home from cheerleader practice in '68 to watch him be crowned Prince of Wales). But by the time the wedding festivities were over, and I'd learned more about Diana, I thought she was the best Princess ever imagined. My love for her has grown through the years, despite her death.

Then there we were again, as the sun rose, to watch her funeral....

After reading The Diana Chronicles by Tina Brown, it is clear that had Camilla stayed away, Charles & Di had a good chance of having a fine marriage. Charles of course, is at fault, too, but Camilla was relentless in her pursuit....
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 08-26-2007 05:12 PM

Shirleypal wrote: I was trying to be nice, not easy you know.

LOL! I just couldn't buy it.
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-31-2007 07:58 AM

Absolutely beautiful Harry.

Text of Prince Harry's Eulogy
William and I can separate life into two parts. There were those years when we were blessed with the physical presence beside us of both our mother and father.

And then there are the 10 years since our mother's death. When she was alive, we completely took for granted her unrivaled love of life, laughter, fun and folly. She was our guardian, friend and protector.

She never once allowed her unfaltering love for us to go unspoken or undemonstrated.

She will always be remembered for her amazing public work. But behind the media glare, to us, just two loving children, she was quite simply the best mother in the world.

We would say that, wouldn't we.

But we miss her. She kissed us last thing at night. Her beaming smile greeted us from school. She laughed hysterically and uncontrollably when sharing something silly she might have said or done that day. She encouraged us when we were nervous or unsure.

She—like our father—was determined to provide us with a stable and secure childhood.

To lose a parent so suddenly at such a young age, as others have experienced, is indescribably shocking and sad. It was an event which changed our lives forever, as it must have done for everyone who lost someone that night.

But what is far more important to us now, and into the future, is that we remember our mother as she would have wished to be remembered as she was: fun-loving, generous, down-to-earth, entirely genuine.

We both think of her every day.

We speak about her and laugh together at all the memories.

Put simply, she made us, and so many other people, happy. May this be the way that she is remembered.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 08-31-2007 07:37 PM

Thanks, Linda. I watched the service this morning and Harry's speech touched me most of all.

I LOVED it when the Bishop of London, the Right Reverend Dr Richard Chartres, began his bit by bellowing "WHO'S CHEATING?!!!" -- referring to an ice-breaker moment when Diana entered a room with this line. I'll bet ol' Chuck jumped right out of his seat -- and that his face was red as a beet! Wish the camera had been on him! :D
"Who's cheating?" The scene is an old people's home. Two residents are playing [card game] beggar-my-neighbour. Enter the princess. The question from the royal visitor is unexpected, but everyone laughs. Afterwards they comment on her large eyes and what life she brought into the room.

One tiny incident, characteristic of countless other occasions in the princess's public life in which she found the right word or the right gesture to bring cheer and comfort.

Everyone here will have their own memories.
Last edited by HurricaneJoanie on 08-31-2007 09:53 PM, edited 1 time in total.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

If you missed the "Thanksgiving" service...

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 09-01-2007 01:34 PM

You can watch "the service in full" here thanks to the BBC.

See "Video and Audio", right-hand column.

Riddick
Pirate

Re: In Memory of Diana, Princess of Wales

Post by Riddick » 07-29-2021 03:01 PM

Riddick
Pirate

For Sale: A Piece Of Cake From The 1981 Royal Wedding

Post by Riddick » 08-02-2021 12:59 PM

Should you eat this piece of wedding cake? Probably not. Should you show it off at parties? Maybe. FULL STORY

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Re: In Memory of Diana, Princess of Wales

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 08-06-2021 10:15 AM

Show it off at parties but don't drop that collectable antique food stuff whole pulling it out of the mahogany gold trimmed fire proof box! :lol:

Lit up at night a giant replica of the late Princess Diana of Wales' tiara is a sight to see as well as during daylight. My daughter Sarah works there.

The Great American Tower

I will always wonder if she was a fan of Pink Floyd. :confused:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_A ... ity_Square

MK II ∆=⚾
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Return to “Global”