The Woke Mob's Righteous & Tyrannic War On Western Culture

Global news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

The Woke Mob's Righteous & Tyrannic War On Western Culture

Post by Riddick » 07-02-2020 02:33 PM

Woke activists cannot grasp that history is comprised of both the best and the worst of what it is to be human.
By John Roskam

Like Saturn, the Revolution devours its children" is a phrase relevant to what's happening to universities, media organisations, and even to fashionably "woke" comedians. Another apposite phrase is to be "hoist by one's own petard".

The demand to remove from public life any acknowledgment of anyone or anything identified as potentially racist has existed in various forms for a number of years but has gained impetus in recent weeks through the Black Lives Matter movement.

The call to remove statues in the United States of Confederate generals, in the UK of slave traders, and in Australia of Captain James Cook is one aspect, and in the scheme of things is just one minor aspect in an intellectual project attempting to do nothing less than refashion our understanding of modern society, and by extension our understanding of ourselves.

In broad terms that project involves replacing the idea that the world we live in is, or should aspire to be, one built upon concepts such as political liberalism, egalitarian democracy and a market economy, with a different idea, namely that differences between people and peoples according to class, race and gender, and the oppression that's resulted across history because of those differences, have created an irredeemably and fatally flawed society.

Therefore the conclusion that follows from this claim is that only a fundamental restructure of society can eliminate the class conflict, and the racism and the sexism which are the foundations of the modern world. This in a nutshell and without too much exaggeration, is what every undergraduate Arts student at every Australian university is today taught to believe.

The problem with this perspective on the world is that it is created by the very system that the woke view as illegitimate. It is akin to attempting to disentangle the Liar's paradox of "this sentence is false".

Another problem with the perspective is that it knows no boundaries and allows no room for the application of judgment, and an understanding of the reality that human history encapsulates both the best and worst of what it is to be human.

Yes – Winston Churchill believed India should be ruled by the British. But 80 years ago he alone was the difference between a Europe of civilisation, or one of Nazism.

It was Jacques Mallet du Pan, an 18th-century Swiss journalist, who in the midst of the French Revolution talked about revolutions consuming their children. Revolutions are rarely things of half-measures.

Until recently few Australian university vice-chancellors would have contemplated the possibility that after years of telling students that Australia is a racist country, eventually someone would take them at their word, as the Chinese government did a few days ago.

If those journalists at The Guardian who cheer the toppling of statues of slave traders were consistent in their beliefs, they would accept the newspaper they work for should be toppled too because it was once financed by profits from spinning slave-picked cotton.

The British philosopher John Gray, who once described himself as of the left, but who now quite correctly argues that in modern politics "left and right" are largely meaningless, a few days ago wrote perceptively about the assault on values of the modern world.

"Woke activists ... have no vision of the future. In Leninist terms they are infantile leftists, acting out a revolutionary performance with no strategy or plan for what they would do in power."

As Gray points out, the rejection of democracy and liberal freedoms "concludes with the tyranny of the righteous mob".

Mobs are dangerous at the best of times and righteous mobs – whether in the streets or on social media – are the most dangerous of all.

Gray concludes: "As the woke movement spills over into parts of Europe and the UK [and Australia], it should be clear that this is no passing storm. The paroxysm we are witnessing may be remembered as a defining moment in the decline of the liberal West. Perhaps it is time to consider to strengthen the enclaves of free thought and expression that still remain, so they have a chance of surviving in the blank and pitiless world that is being born."

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/th ... 617-p553nn
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Support The Mob, Or You'll Be Sorry! The World-Wide Woke Phenomenon

Post by Riddick » 07-03-2020 12:53 AM

I Dared Question BLM's Aims & Got The Worst Racist Abuse I've Ever Suffered
Edited & Excerpted from Esther Krakue's article:

When I first moved to the UK from Ghana with my family in my early teens, the country welcoming me was one of flourishing multiculturalism & warm, unassuming neighbours. Your achievements were not prefaced by the colour of your skin or your place on the totem pole of identity politics.

People from ethnic and racial minorities were not constantly assuming every social interaction was laced with disdain or racism. It was a Britain where confidence trumped victimhood.

But to my dismay, the tone has shifted entirely and worryingly the past five years. Now I, a 24-year-old woman of West African origin, am expected to be mortally offended if someone dares assume my dark skin might signal non British Isles heritage and to voice loudly my approval of white liberals who inform me of my inherent oppression as a ‘woman of colour’.

Amid the demonstrations and tumult of recent weeks, I have grown increasingly concerned about the methods and the wider far-Left political agenda of the Black Lives Matter movement here in the UK.

I have been horrified to watch this ridiculous tearing down of statues and relics of British heritage escalate. It is a campaign that has yet to make any progress in tangibly helping me as a black person. And in recent weeks I have been increasingly vocal on Twitter about my concerns. But in doing so I have become targeted by a wave of vile online abuse.

Earlier this month I tweeted: ‘Are Brits still allowed to be proud of their culture and heritage or is that racist now?’ I also said I was ‘fairly sick of all the protests’. Last week, I made clear that I do not support BLM, adding: ‘Never have. Never will. I don’t need to put a black square online or tie myself to that organisation to prove that I care about black people.’

Some comments on social media I received following these tweets have been truly shocking. Targeted by a campaign of abuse, hate and false information aimed at tarnishing the reputation of a black woman, I wake up every day to horrible messages.

Most of this abuse was seemingly from Black Lives Matter supporters, including a significant amount from African-Americans, although I have also been abused by white liberals. I have had people tell me they hope I am barren.

Some of the trolls have circulated a fake image, which they falsely suggest is me. It shows a black woman on her knees posing as the seemingly subservient cartoon dog Scooby-Doo and flanked by four white women. I have had racist language used against me that is as bad as the ‘N’ word.

What I have received this last week online has given me a glimpse into the darkest part of the human soul – the part that can muster up the most awful hatred. This will not, however, stop me from questioning the motives of BLM.
---

The campaign slogan is indisputable. Black lives matter the same way everyone’s life matters. Every individual, of whatever colour, should have the right to pursue happiness and live free from prejudice. And where racial discrimination and injustice exists, it should be stamped out.

But this organisation is about much more than ‘black lives’. The group’s GoFundMe page explains it intends to be ‘guided by a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism, white supremacy, patriarchy and the state structures that disproportionately harm black people in Britain and around the world’.

What does ‘defending black lives’ have to do with dismantling capitalism, a system that has lifted millions out of absolute poverty? How would tearing down wealth creation benefit black lives? Regarding myself as conservative (but not a Tory) I cannot sign up to the destruction of capitalism. In fact, I find such views abhorrent. Does that mean there is no place for me in this anti-racism movement?

BLM UK has raised over a million pounds in recent weeks and appears determined to spend the money on a string of Marxist initiatives, which according to its GoFundMe page, includes ‘developing and delivering training, police monitoring and strategies for the abolition of police’.

But how do you defend black, or any people for that matter, by endorsing an agenda that seeks to abolish police? How will soaring crime help black communities? If policing is abolished, what if anything will replace it?

And I would like to know is BLM UK protesting in solidarity with the US movement, or because of the actions of our own mainly unarmed police force? Are the protesters shouting ‘don’t shoot’ at British police aware the batons officers routinely carry are incapable of doubling up as a deadly firearm?

The group also says it will organise in ‘the Black radical tradition’ in a bid to secure ‘Black liberation’. But what on earth is the ‘black radical tradition’ and wouldn’t resources be better dedicated to free Sub-Saharan Africans who are still enslaved in many North African and Middle Eastern regions of the world?
---

The deeply unpleasant experience of being targeted online has shown me how toxic this debate is becoming. Why are people who claim to care for black people so uptight and defensive when someone says there is an agenda that is destructive to black people being ushered in on the back of this movement?

We need to wake up and see a small faction of far Left-wing activists are using minority groups to divide this country and will never stop trying to tear it apart by shaming every aspect of British heritage.

It is incumbent on us all to fight this through education, a fierce defence of free speech, and to call out hypocrisy of individuals and organisations weaponising minority groups to their political ends.

My parents taught me the value of hard work, honesty, humility and standing up for the truth. I was taught to judge individuals on the content of their character, and I will never surrender to race baiters who try to bully me into submission. I will never be silent. And neither should you.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Re: The Woke Mob's Righteous & Tyrannic War On Western Culture

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 07-03-2020 12:39 PM

Powerful paragraphs, Riddick, man o man, what a lady spot on all over these bull sh!t times from deep state # 64 world wide.

When BLM leaders decry the near daily Christian genocide and enslaving survivors by the ISIS dedicated Boko Haram of Nigeria's innocent villagers and subsistence farmers; that'll be the day!

MK II
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-03-2020 01:17 PM

Quote from above article:

My parents taught me the value of hard work, honesty, humility and standing up for the truth. I was taught to judge individuals on the content of their character, and I will never surrender to race baiters who try to bully me into submission. I will never be silent. And neither should you.

Great Article!

The Marxist Democrat Party of "Race Baiters" are certainly NOT the party of Utopia (some led to believe, ,Promised) as Higher Beings would Never use skin color at the exclusion of other skin colors, they would be way beyond such a barbarian, cruel practice. There for I can conclude the motives ,here , are of a really dark nature.

So we go back to what is stated in the quote above, and it is for all humans. The Democrats obsession with skin color, leads humans into the weeds. White skinned people, who march with the percieved "Victims" are becoming more confused about Who they are.

The Most ostracised, treated like Lepers, in their own skin color of people ,are the Successful, Decent, Hardworking People of Color they are hated by their own, with the likes of Orpra, Maxine Waters, Al Sharpton, and Obama, many etcs. They Are accused of "Acting White" or being a "Uncle Tom"and Never mentioned. They go against all the " Victimhood" that these , above "SICK" slave loving, opportunists, who make the "big bucks" and fight to keep the Status quo . With-Out keeping their own people , enslaved, they would have to jusify their own existence and big pocket books. After All the very 1st "Slavers" , where the Black African Chieftains who sold their own into slavery. Evil opportunists will always work humans, of all skin colors, when their true motives find it conveinient. :twisted:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-03-2020 02:16 PM

Did you know?............about 1 or 2 years ago, that Portland, Oregon got a Mexican Food resturant shut down.......because...........white women, where the Owners/Chefs. And, doing lot's of business.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 07-03-2020 04:09 PM

Doka,

You know Portland was showing chaos in the streets on the brief one minute news Alert today! :shock:

Their riotou$ leader$ are just bidding their time for another "Kent State" in any downtown in America. They're egging on the police and National Guard nationwide to do it, believe it or not! :oops:

In the meantime the Marxist/Commie perps are still shooting innocent bystanders/protesters! Hell far, Chicagoians shoot up the town EVERY weekend without rioting. For years I have had my thoughts on what inspires the flying bullets up there that you will not see me print. :(

Washington D.C.'s on duty multi state supported National Guardsmen brandishing sheathed "bayonets" was a big topic at Fox News this morning. I'd bet 10-1 odds their AR 14 rifle's magazines were empty! :oops:

Everyone in the world needs to read that African lady's thoughts into print today! :o

MK II
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 07-19-2020 05:03 AM, edited 1 time in total.
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-17-2020 03:23 PM

Somewhere in this Democrat created pile of Shxt is a golden nugget of truth. If you are having a mental break-down, can't say that I blame you. I can tell you ALL the pain and fear being inflicted on you, is how YOU are going to "live" , if you can call it that , if Joe Biden (or who ever They run)wins. This has nothing to do with the Virus, Racism, Russia and thousands of other, things the creative, Demented Dems have come up with. They only want to take over your country, your life, your mind, for many young souls, that was given up very early on, the "Human Qualities" where easily flushed down the toilet, because they had not developed any "Depth of Character" . Making life changing decisions for Themselves And Others, purely from "Emotional" and the "talks nice", "clean looking" ," wears a nice uniform" And the all important , "Free Stuff" which Does NOT exist.

BREAKING REPORT: Health Officials in Numerous States ‘Mistakenly’ Included Positive Results From Antibody Tests When Reporting New COVID-19 Cases to CDC

July 17,2020

Health officials from numerous states have ‘mistakenly’ included positive results from antibody tests when reporting new Coronavirus cases to the CDC, ultimately inflating new cases.

The Trump administration announced new guidelines on Wednesday. Starting this week hospitals will be ordered to bypass the CDC and send ALL COVID-19 patient information to a central database in Washington DC.

This comes after TGP’s Tuesday report on the likely fraudulent numbers coming from the CDC.

FOX 35 Orlando investigated and found out that countless labs were reporting 100% COVID positivity rates.

Full Article/Comments

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... cases-cdc/
KARMA RULES

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 07-18-2020 10:02 AM

Mayor of Portland to Trump: Get your troops out of the city

https://apnews.com/95ed013d58a00db0d85ddfd14ab51d2c

I bet you are all having orgasms over this terrifying (to normal people) scenario huh?

Unmarked vans and militia style soldiers kidnapping people off the street. Not telling them why and unlawfully detaining them for days.

I can just hear the sighs of pleasure coming from you twerps.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 07-18-2020 07:19 PM

Doka wrote: 07-03-2020 02:16 PM Did you know?............about 1 or 2 years ago, that Portland, Oregon got a Mexican Food resturant shut down.......because...........white women, where the Owners/Chefs. And, doing lot's of business.
I would like to see your source for this because if it's true I would be very surprised. :roll: Sounds like radical right wing BS to me.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-19-2020 01:13 AM

Doka wrote: 07-03-2020 02:16 PM Did you know?............about 1 or 2 years ago, that Portland, Oregon got a Mexican Food resturant shut down.......because...........white women, where the Owners/Chefs. And, doing lot's of business.
Wonder how come they didn't hound "Taco Bell" ?

May 25, 2017

White Owners of Mexican Food Truck Closed Down After Being Accused of Cultural Appropriation

Kali Wilgus and Liz “LC” Connelly thought that they had realized their dream when they opened Kooks Burritos in Portland Oregon. They were even more excited when the local newspaper Williamette Week decided to do a feature article on their new business. The two women recounted how they watched Mexican women making tortillas on a trip to Baja California and adopted what they saw. That admission however led to furious accusations that the two white women were guilty of “cultural appropriation.” They eventually shutdown their food truck.

The women said that the Mexican women would not share their recipes but that they would watch the “tortilla ladies” through the window to learn the process. They were told the basic ingredients and watched the other women at work. They then experimented with their own recipes until they came up with tortillas as good as they experienced in Mexico.

The led to the chorus of outrage of people like Jagger Blaec of The Portland Mercury , who denounced the women as cultural appropriators. Blaec wrote that :they colonized this style of food when they decided to ‘pick the brains of every tortilla lady there in the worst broken Spanish ever.'”
Quote:
"This seems a bit over-wrought and I certainly do not get the cultural appropriation angle. I am part Italian and many have pick up on the cuisine of my ancestors. I view the adoption of Italian dishes with pride. It is true that the Mexican women did not want to share their recipe but these Oregon women wanted to learn to make great tortillas and did so by watching the masters and then experimenting at home. The closure of their business, while celebrated by Blaec and others, is a sad end for two women who merely wanted to make good food."
Full Story/ Comments

https://jonathanturley.org/2017/05/25/w ... /#comments
KARMA RULES

Riddick
Pirate

Dissecting Wokeness

Post by Riddick » 10-03-2020 06:00 AM

In hie new book Beyond Woke, the “Deplorable Prof” dissects the Left’s new religion. Michael Rectenwald’s former leftism gives him incisive insights into that ideology unmatched by lifelong conservatives. Being woke is part of what he warns is “nothing less than a moral revolution” underway in our society.

“Wokeness,” Rectenwald explains, “is analogous to the Christian encounter of being saved. Like being saved, being woke involves redressing transgressions through repentance and reformation."

But while Christian salvation is an individual, personal process, social justice is a collective one in which “a higher moral standing” is automatically conferred upon the members of the left’s various designated oppressed identity categories. “It is not what is done that matters, but who does it,” Rectenwald writes.

He observes “the advocates of this new moral creed aim to enforce adherence to their beliefs with the ferocity of religious zealots.” This creed is known as “social justice,” though “it is not a means for realizing social justice at all” but merely a “thin ethical gloss for increasingly illiberal policies…” It operates as a “negative egalitarianism, primarily working to remove the privileges of some as opposed to enhancing the rights of others.

Far from bringing about liberation, social justice increases repression and thus reduces overall freedom.” This ideology “serves the interests of power” and “presents a false, upside-down image of reality, while offering no effective means for changing it for the better.”

He goes on to examine what he calls the “Google Marxism” & “woke capitalism” pervading American businesses from the biggest, most profitable corporations all the way down to crowdfunded startups. There, “from the boardrooms to the storyboards and beyond,” one encounters “a nauseating, woke-up blend of equal parts Communist Manifesto, social justice handbook, sanctimonious sermon, and used car sales pitch.”

Rectenwald offers five explanations for this corporate leftism – among them that “[l]eftist politics are perfectly compatible with and supportive of the agendas of global corporate giants.”

Why the title, Beyond Woke? Because, as Rectenwald puts it, “To be beyond woke is to leave the herd and to act from one’s own freedom and without reference to the moral dictates of the group.” To be beyond woke, in other words, “is to be free.”

That is the intellectual journey Rectenwald has taken us on over the course of his three most recent books after his former “comrades” of the academic left revealed “the totalitarian character that lay just beneath the thin veneer of egalitarianism they otherwise proclaimed and the virtuous-sounding rhetoric that they usually mouthed.”

FULL ARTICLE

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-03-2020 02:15 PM

The Psychological Warfare the Left uses to get into the minds of humans, is so "Brilliantly Masterfull" that if used for the "Good of All" our whole World , Would Be A "Be a Better place" ! Unfortunately The Left IS TELLING YOU, "WHOSE SHOES TO WALK IN" guilted and shamed into just who deserves your Empathy an Compassion, and who does not. Creating nothing but Emotional Conflict, within the Love/ Hater. The Hater side will almost always win, Evil is very strong, these poor humans are lacking something within themselves, or they never would find themselves in such an Unhappy and un-natural position.

A MUST READ

The surprising downsides of Empathy

There’s a dark side to feeling the emotions of other people. In some cases, it can even lead to cruelty, aggression, and distress.

On CBeebies, the BBC service for little children, there’s a programme called Treasure Champs, which aims to teach young viewers about their feelings, and how to manage them. In one episode, the character Barry – a blue rectangle with pink eyebrows – is glum about the result of his football match.
“We lost,” says Barry.

“It doesn’t matter!” says Kari.

“It was my fault. I let all the goals in.”

“I don’t understand why you’re so sad. Just forget about it.”

“I can’t.”

“Why not? It’s just a game.”

“You’re not showing a lot of empathy, Kari. It means putting yourself in someone else’s shoes.”

“Your shoes won’t fit me, Barry.”
As definitions go, Barry’s one seems a pretty good one for empathy – it’s about projecting yourself into somebody’s mind to feel what they feel. And as the episode goes on to tell its young audience, understanding other people’s feelings is important.

In the adult world, however, the virtues of empathy are less clear. As the pandemic pushes us into isolation, culture wars rage, and disinhibited cruelty brews on social media, it feels a little controversial to suggest that empathy has downsides. Yet in recent years, researchers have found that misplaced empathy can be bad for you and others, leading to exhaustion and apathy, and preventing you from helping the very people you need to. Worse, people’s empathetic tendencies can even be harnessed to manipulate them into aggression and cruelty. So, if not empathy, what should we aim to feel instead?

Full Article

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2020 ... ad-for-you
KARMA RULES

Return to “Global”