Gilgamesh tomb believed found

William Henry - investigative mythologist. Stargates, secrets of the cosmic 'wormholes' - or Scalia Dei, Planet X, and the Age of Terror.

Moderator: Super Moderators

revisedcode
DREAD PIRATE

Post by revisedcode » 05-06-2003 02:04 PM

Archaeologists in Iraq believe they may have found the lost tomb of King Gilgamesh - the subject of the oldest "book" in history.

The Epic Of Gilgamesh - written by a Middle Eastern scholar 2,500 years before the birth of Christ - commemorated the life of the ruler of the city of Uruk, from which Iraq gets its name.

Now, a German-led expedition has discovered what is thought to be the entire city of Uruk - including, where the Euphrates once flowed, the last resting place of its famous King.

"I don't want to say definitely it was the grave of King Gilgamesh, but it looks very similar to that described in the epic," Jorg Fassbinder, of the Bavarian department of Historical Monuments in Munich, told the BBC World Service's Science in Action programme.

Magnetic

In the book - actually a set of inscribed clay tablets - Gilgamesh was described as having been buried under the Euphrates, in a tomb apparently constructed when the waters of the ancient river parted following his death.

"We found just outside the city an area in the middle of the former Euphrates river¿ the remains of such a building which could be interpreted as a burial," Mr Fassbinder said.

Who can compare with him in kingliness? Who can say, like Gilgamesh, I am king?
The Epic Of Gilgamesh
He said the amazing discovery of the ancient city under the Iraqi desert had been made possible by modern technology.

"By differences in magnetisation in the soil, you can look into the ground," Mr Fassbinder added.

"The difference between mudbricks and sediments in the Euphrates river gives a very detailed structure."

This creates a magnetogram, which is then digitally mapped, effectively giving a town plan of Uruk.

'Venice in the desert'

"The most surprising thing was that we found structures already described by Gilgamesh," Mr Fassbinder stated.

"We covered more than 100 hectares. We have found garden structures and field structures as described in the epic, and we found Babylonian houses."

But he said the most astonishing find was an incredibly sophisticated system of canals.

"Very clearly, we can see in the canals some structures showing that flooding destroyed some houses, which means it was a highly developed system.

"[It was] like Venice in the desert."

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/s ... 982891.stm

Published: 2003/04/29 07:57:11

© BBC MMIII

squatch
Pirate

Post by squatch » 05-09-2003 05:51 AM

If this is true and they can find proof of the things in the story then it will turn our history as we know it will be turned on its head.

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 08-01-2004 12:56 PM

If this is true and they can find proof of the things in the story then it will turn our history as we know it will be turned on its head.

For me History has all ready been turned on its head Even NASA has validated for me that Gilgamesh’s stories have truth. Thanks to there space probes they can validate most of the knowledge of the Sumerians to be fact and correct. This leaves me in no doubt that the Anunnaki existed and still do. I’m just waiting for the main stream to catch up and admit that the Myths of the Sumerians are in deed a factual account of our early history. For me the more I read about the Sumerians the more our past makes sense and falls into place.

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 08-01-2004 03:02 PM

"This leaves me in no doubt that the Anunnaki existed and still do. I?m just waiting for the main stream to catch up and admit that the Myths of the Sumerians are in deed a factual account of our early history. "

The sad thing is the mainstream would never reveal anything of relevance to anyone but the very closed academic circles. Average people would be denied this information, because according to some bureaucrats, this would disrupt social and religious order. IMO.
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

Cpt Spike Mike
Joint Chief

Post by Cpt Spike Mike » 08-01-2004 04:03 PM

Cap'n Code starting a thead!! :D :cool:

hey, what an interesting find. Saddam never would've let 'em in to check it out. I found it interesting when I read the part about the magnetic soil. Mindblowing. :)

seattlegal
Pirate

Post by seattlegal » 08-02-2004 03:32 PM

Does anyone know if this find is in one of the marshy areas that Saddam had drained?
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.
-- Yoda

Return to “William Henry ~ Stargates in the Age of Tara”