You've been called out

Moderator: Super Moderators

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 10-08-2011 09:29 AM

Yeah, she had the IQ of an eggplant.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-08-2011 10:13 AM

Now this is the type of stuff which is a gift to the Dems from the Perry campaign as it just allows them to bash those religious on the right and lump them all in this boat of thought.

http://www.alan.com/2011/10/07/rick-per ... islam-too/
A man's character is his fate

cybrwurm
Spawn of Epicurus

Post by cybrwurm » 11-14-2011 04:32 PM

] Herman Cain say: It is not a person's fault because they succeeded,
] it is a person's fault if they failed. And so this is why I don't understand
] these demonstrations and what is it that they're looking for.
wurm say: What many people want, and not just the occupy-wall-street
protesters, is easy to say, just not so easy to implement; namely, 'justice for all'.
"Anyone who thinks that the truth is simple has got another think comming!" -- Grandpa Walton

bobbo
Banned

its all in the phrasing

Post by bobbo » 11-14-2011 05:21 PM

Good thought but not quite right.

Not "justice for all" but rather not "injustice in our face with no expectation that anything will change without this here protest."

Gee--the idea is there but the wording needs a lot of work. More pithy. Let me give it a minute here............

Yes, time.

"Stop the Injustice."

a close cousin.

cybrwurm
Spawn of Epicurus

How to Talk to the Masters of the World

Post by cybrwurm » 11-14-2011 06:44 PM

] Andrew Gavin Marshall say: ... If we want the ‘true liberation,’ we must
] understand the true system of power that confines, oppresses, segregates,
] exploits, impoverishes, and controls us ... First we must tear down the
] barriers that bind us from ourselves, and then we may truly understand
] what it is to be human and free.
wurm say: The media is certainly not doing much in the way of informing people about "the true system of power". Most people still think of North America as a "democratic" society, when in fact 'democracy' has long since become little more than a cheap and empty facade. Thus in India we have an interesting system called democratic-barbarism, with an economic system that aspires to pollute the planet faster (and more efficiently) than anyone else. Greed and corruption are the fuel that empowers this "great" nation! And they say it's just good business.
Meanwhile back in North America, the so-called "affluent-society" has now become a plutonomy, whereby the uber-rich exercise control over society by economic means, and legislation that favors the 1% (and those who wish to be among that exalted elite). And yet the very word 'plutonomy' does not even exist in dictionaries! How then is the idea supposed to enter into the puny little minds of the ignorant and clueless masses? You can bet your bottom dollar that the plutonomists controlling the media will do nothing to spread awareness about that highly loathsome word.
And then they dare to blame the people for the very ignorance that they themselves have imposed upon them. Liars and hypocrites; that's what the mouthpieces of the 1% are! Voting with your wallets is far more effective than voting for pro-war republicans. So this x-mass remember that Hershey's Corporation profits from institutionalized child-exploitation. Those who hold stock in HC support child-abuse. Those who buy and consume Hershey's chocolate-products ALSO support and encourage child-abuse. Ignorance is no excuse. Good intentions will not spare you from the shame and responsibility for the actions of the corporate beast that your dollars buy and support. If you are NOT in favor of profit-making child-exploitation then perhaps you ought to boycott ALL of Hershey's many and yummy chocolate treats?
So if you wish to talk to these glorious masters-of-the-world, you have to speak to them in a language that they understand. And money is the only language that these plutonomists really understand. Speak their language (the language of cold hard cash), and maybe THEN they'll listen, eh? A cult of willful ignorance and economic irresponsibility sweeps all the nations and the entire future of this world towards a slow and dirty doom by dark (but profitable) deeds. And they call this a 'sensible business model'? ... Right :rolleyes:
"Anyone who thinks that the truth is simple has got another think comming!" -- Grandpa Walton

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 11-14-2011 07:31 PM

Keep in mind that politicians are elected because they are popular by our impressions on them. But in no way do they possess any ability or wisdom to fix the issues at hand.

And dare I say most operate outside the circle of representation? I've never heard one say that a group of people asked that their will be carried out. But I do know of laws, and situations born from a reps deciding it was best for us.

Personally, I don'y want someone thinking what is best for me. I would like a rep that does what the people tell them to do.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

bobbo
Banned

Leadership---really? They are called Representatives.

Post by bobbo » 11-14-2011 07:58 PM

"Personally, I don'y want someone thinking what is best for me. I would like a rep that does what the people tell them to do." //// I agree. But this calls for something that has never been tried: government by polling. Government by sticking one's finger up in the air to judge which way the wind blows. How else to determine what "the people want"? And yet that forumulation would have little support as stated.

Funny too how often good valid polls get different results from what an election/vote provides. Just another mode of finger in the wind?

So--maybe this preferred manner really just isn't practicable. Would be nice though if the rampant self dealing would stop. Two party control for political as opposed to governing ends was stopped?====all possible by limiting speech to that which the government pays for to the exclusion of private support.

A slap in the face of freedom.

Ha, ha.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 11-17-2011 11:31 AM

[yt]pWDerzFiqOo#![/yt]

A much better way to protest - as described around 5:15. In fact, for the younger generations, I think this will be what 'community' looks like - no more tracts of McMansions.

It will be a better existence.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Return to “Philosophy”