A daughter’s hilarious obituary unravels her father’s mysterious life.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

A daughter’s hilarious obituary unravels her father’s mysterious life.

Post by Doka » 10-14-2018 04:18 PM

And to Believe the Post Wrote This......... :lol:

A Daughter's Tribute to a Fun Loving Father

A daughter’s hilarious obituary unravels her father’s mysterious life. You have to read to the end to get it.

By Allison Klein
October 11

The obituary that ran last week in Delaware Online is a mystery, the tale of a globe-trotting Renaissance man who disappeared in a single-engine plane over the Atlantic Ocean after learning he had cancer.

It was written by Alex Walsh about her father, Rick Stein, 71, a man who she said had an endless appetite for comedy. The huge response on social media has been comfort to the mourning family, she said, as people who never knew her father have been sending condolences by the dozens.

“All of this is bittersweet,” Walsh, 45, said in an interview with The Washington Post.

The obituary begins:

“Rick Stein, 71, of Wilmington was reported missing and presumed dead on September 27, 2018 when investigators say the single-engine plane he was piloting, The Northrop, suddenly lost communication with air traffic control and disappeared over the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Rehoboth Beach. Philadelphia police confirm Stein had been a patient at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital where he was being treated for a rare form of cancer. Hospital spokesman Walter Heisenberg says doctors from Stein’s surgical team went to visit him on rounds when they discovered his room was empty. Security footage shows Stein leaving the building at approximately 3:30 Thursday afternoon, but then the video feed mysteriously cuts off.

A Must Read For Those Who Still Like To Smile

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... 68754ac3f0
Last edited by Doka on 10-14-2018 04:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Re: A daughter’s hilarious obituary unravels her father’s mysterious life.

Post by Doka » 10-14-2018 04:22 PM

Love the above post. I'm on my way to write my own obit, none of this sad crap for me either!
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “Philosophy”