Fantastic Forum 2/companion forum sign up!

Just what is says. Click and read on.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Captain Fantastic
DREAD PIRATE

Fantastic Forum 2/companion forum sign up!

Post by Captain Fantastic » 11-03-2002 03:46 AM

We are starting up a companion forum with a php nuke format - to run in tandem with Fantastic Forum. We will eventually be migrating Fantastic Forum there as this current cgi format is not as durable, and will inevitably run into more problems with 'reg' - by and by.

Please post your comments and suggested categories and topics for the new php/tandem forum. Fantastic Forum is not going anywhere soon - and when/if we do migrate - we will retain the name - Fantastic Forum Image So - take a look, register and check out some of the features. Help us build a new home for all us cyber pirates.

----------NOTE: We will post the link to the new FF2/Tandem Forum a bit later today.

[This message has been edited by Linnea Meyer (edited 03 November 2002).]

Conscious
Pirate

Post by Conscious » 11-03-2002 04:42 AM

Ya know, since I was a teenager I've been a fan of 'Roy Orbison' and all I can say at this point is just one song comes to mind, "It's Over"!

OR

Maybe it's because I'm certain most pirates don't know what in the hell YOU are talking about that I feel this way!

OR

Maybe it's because I'm tired of packing my bags!

OR

Did you forget to take your medicine?

OR

I'm not building $hit... You build it!
The only fact that I know about consciousness is that I'm 'Conscious'.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 11-03-2002 05:41 AM

Conscious - Grouchy this morning? I'm not too happy with changes either, but this old UBB code here is not going to hold up indefinitely. Seems to run about a year to a year and a half without scripting errors. It was reformatted last December. SQL/pHp is where it's going. Do you know anything about these data-bases? 'reg' will be putting in disruptive appearances, sooner or later. Actually the 'reg' recently ate all the Joke A Day posts - and some of the forums here have developed 'fatal flaws'.

The ship is going to need a new structure sooner or later. If it's 'over' for you, that's unfortunate. If you don't enjoy reading or posting on the Fantastic Forum, that is your privilege. Hope you don't start thrashing the ship though.

[This message has been edited by Linnea (edited 03 November 2002).]

lutefisk
Pirate

Post by lutefisk » 11-03-2002 01:04 PM

Please, what's an ICQ, Yim, Yam, massalabam, number? Do I have to create a new password or can I just login with my old one?

Me brains a tad slow this mornin, ate too many codfish cheeks last night with too much rum!

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 11-03-2002 01:54 PM

Rum and Cod Cheeks -eh? That's a hearty breakfast. The PhP/Tandem forum set up is independent of the scripts on FF. You can use your current name and password - and email address at the tandem forum. I would advise you to do that.

Thanks for the question, lutefisk!

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 11-03-2002 02:38 PM

The link to the FF2/Tandem Forum will be posted here shortly.

http://fantasticforum.com/1bb/index.php

*Note: After you register (using same user name and password as Fantastic Forum) - you can go to 'profile' - and select a 'theme' to customize your 'view' for your preference and reading comfort level. There are 4 Themes - Space Pilot, Chronicles, StarTrek LCars, and SubSilver.

Have Fun! We can copy/paste our posts if we want - to both forums. {jeez - that's sounds like a lot of work... Well - just an idea Image }

Post your feedback, comments and suggestions here and there -

[This message has been edited by Linnea (edited 03 November 2002).]

Conscious
Pirate

Post by Conscious » 11-04-2002 02:17 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Linnea:
The ship is going to need a new structure sooner or later. If it's 'over' for you, that's unfortunate. If you don't enjoy reading or posting on the Fantastic Forum, that is your privilege. Hope you don't start thrashing the ship though.</font>
Oooops - I forgot I made that post! See what too much wine will do to ya? Image

I know that post looked angry, but actually I'm a happy drunk - don't ever get mean or belligerent. Bold perhaps, ...and I promised myself I wouldn't post if I've overindulged on my favorite beverage.

I'm not going to edit that post so others can see how foolish one can look when 'Drinking and Posting'. Tie my hands and throw me in the Brig Linnea! Image

(I was drinking Sangria last night. The guy at the party store said that Sangria means "Blood" in Spanish.) Bloody grapes! Image

[This message has been edited by Conscious (edited 03 November 2002).]

Morgan
Pirate

Post by Morgan » 11-04-2002 10:54 PM

By an amazing coincidence... or something... I am in a wine induced stupor right this very minute... or at least working hard on one. I hope to not be able to type very soon.

I will migrate my sorry self over to the new ship later. Right now I'm painting and moving and in all kinds of move-induced pain, which I am treating with chilled anesthetic.

I'm telling you this so you won't think I'm being anti social. More like lazy.. but working on being more like blasted. Wish me luck... I hate moving, and I hate painting. Fortunately, I kind of like wine.

------------------
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**

Post by Guest » 11-05-2002 09:05 AM

That can happen Cons especially if you,ve been up all night too and are tired as well.
It Can get embarassing. Image

LisaA
Pirate

Post by LisaA » 11-05-2002 05:53 PM

I will move with the new forum. Done it befo, ain't too worried. You guys been real good administerators.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 11-05-2002 08:28 PM

Hey, LisaA - Thanks Image We are so far just taking this new version for a warp drive test. We are not committed to this new php version as this point. Also - no change is anticipated happening soon. May be several weeks before we actually make a decision. We may also have other 'ships' to try out.

I like the version we have now (here), as it is easy to read and to customize <sigh>. The phpBBs have more features and are faster, but how many features are just gimmicks which distract from the discussion (?) We'll figure it out by and by. Let us know what you think of the phpBB here in this topic thread.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 11-06-2002 08:34 AM

Test version of the php/bb closed for now. May have some different versions to test later on.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 11-06-2002 10:54 AM

Well with all the election stuff going on did not get a chance to check out the other forum... maybe later?

WHEN the later thing is ready again or whatever - put announcement in all forums or something cause I didn't catch this until today -- kinda busy...

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 11-07-2002 02:40 PM

went and signed up
I like it
its cool
turtle

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The
Dreamer-Minstrel..Click my heels together three times and say "Their is a silver lining, ect. ect.</font>
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Conscious
Pirate

Post by Conscious » 11-07-2002 05:47 PM

Just a quick note to let y'all know I haven't abandoned the Forum. I've been having computer problems (component compatibility issues). What started as a modem upgrade has grown into a monster. This is what happens when you own an aging motherboard. I could use a whole new system, but I'm not ready for that yet. I'll be poppin' back in here sometime in the 'near' future - I hope...

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”