Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

DEATH NOTICE...

Post by Riddick » 11-01-2015 04:05 AM

And Now For Something Completely Dead
The FF2 Is No More
Bereft Of Life, It Rests In Peace

The FANTASTIC FORUM 2, also known as "The Deuce" ceased to be on Thursday, October 8, 2015. A spinoff of the Fantastic Forum, the precipitator of its demise appears to be a sudden major tech failure, though overall community apathy and inactivity is thought to be a significant contributing factor against resuscitation.

Survived by its parent along with Imaginative Worlds (an earlier FF spinoff) and IW's offspring Into Infinity, Fantastic Forum 2 was preceded in death by another FF spinoff, Patrick Henry's Pub and another IW offshoot, the Nighthawk Zone.

Mourners being in short supply, no memorial service is planned, though it is hoped at the very least FF2 members who were still active up to the time of The Deuce's passing do find their way over to The One & Only Original eventually if not sooner.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Fan
Lady with a

Re: DEATH NOTICE...

Post by Fan » 11-03-2015 08:13 AM

Our hands are extended to the survivors.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 11-03-2015 10:42 AM

Fan Im glad your OK buddy,I was worried about ya!!

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 01-24-2016 08:43 PM

Catching up on old messages. If the FF2 is no more, then why is Noory still promoting them in his shout out? (I think it was Thursday nights show. Excuse the date confusion as I'm on a different time zone.)

Riddick wrote:And Now For Something Completely Dead
The FF2 Is No More
Bereft Of Life, It Rests In Peace

The FANTASTIC FORUM 2, also known as "The Deuce" ceased to be on Thursday, October 8, 2015. A spinoff of the Fantastic Forum, the precipitator of its demise appears to be a sudden major tech failure, though overall community apathy and inactivity is thought to be a significant contributing factor against resuscitation.

Survived by its parent along with Imaginative Worlds (an earlier FF spinoff) and IW's offspring Into Infinity, Fantastic Forum 2 was preceded in death by another FF spinoff, Patrick Henry's Pub and another IW offshoot, the Nighthawk Zone.

Mourners being in short supply, no memorial service is planned, though it is hoped at the very least FF2 members who were still active up to the time of The Deuce's passing do find their way over to The One & Only Original eventually if not sooner.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-24-2016 09:51 PM

I think Noory well qualifies for the "Moron Label". He will never give up something that loves him, even though it may be "deceased". :roll:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 01-25-2016 05:14 PM

Doka wrote:I think Noory well qualifies for the "Moron Label". He will never give up something that loves him, even though it may be "deceased". :roll:
OK, now that was just damn funny! :)
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 06-01-2016 12:36 PM

I lost my oldest son - Jason Watkins - age 46 last Sunday late afternoon, early evening. It was very sudden and they say massive heart attack. His wife is suffering a great deal, and been trying to help her as well as deal with my own loss. Visitation and Memorial service June 4th.

How does a parent deal with the loss of a grown child? My heart is heavy with grief and my thoughts are - somewhere...

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-01-2016 01:24 PM

46 is too soon to go

My condolences, Cherry
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-01-2016 01:36 PM

[quote="Cherry Kelly"]I lost my oldest son - Jason Watkins - age 46 last Sunday late afternoon, early evening. It was very sudden and they say massive heart attack. His wife is suffering a great deal, and been trying to help her as well as deal with my own loss. Visitation and Memorial service June 4th.

How does a parent deal with the loss of a grown child? My heart is heavy with grief and my thoughts are - somewhere...[/quote

Dear Cherry Kelly, I am so sorry for your great loss. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish I had some magic words for you, I don't, but I am confident that you will fined a source of strength that will carry you through this most sorrowful time.

Doka
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-01-2016 01:49 PM

My condolences CK. Deaths seem to be occurring all around us - my wife just lost her Mom and she's struggling with it. But a child is different. Please know that I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-01-2016 03:43 PM

Cherry, you have my condolences and prayers. At that age it's way too soon. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-01-2016 03:58 PM

This is very sad news CK. My deepest condolences to you and your family.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 06-03-2016 04:48 PM

Cherry Kelly, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this very sad time. :(

Take great care always, my friend.
racehorse

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-03-2016 05:34 PM

race!! Great t'see ya

Hope all's well and you'll stay around

Doors are always open. It's an election year.

-Donald Trump Image

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 06-07-2016 11:30 AM

The visitation and memorial was Sat June 4th.

I want to thank you all for condolences. It has been difficult for me, and for his wife (who has only her son living in the area). Her family are east coast - so have also been helping her as I can.

I know it is just so difficult to lose a grown son -- (or some who have lost daughters or other younger family members). It will take time.

Again thank you all.

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”