Parallel Universes are Real - Whitley Strieber

Dreamland ~ Whitley Strieber. Whitley has investigative reporters of edge science, ufos, ancient archeology and the weird and unusual - Anne Strieber

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

Parallel Universes are Real - Whitley Strieber

Post by Linnea » 10-04-2007 06:12 PM

from the newsletter...

Parallel Universes are Real by Whitley Strieber

Today I woke up to a real mind-bender of a surprise. It seems that a scientist at Oxford announced a couple of days ago that parallel universes must be real. What is so very odd to me about this is that the announcement was made on the day my new novel, 2012: the War for Souls, was officially published.

2012 is about three parallel earths--a dark one, a light one and ours, where we struggle to balance between the other two, with our own souls as the prize. And they are right here, all around us.

During the course of the book, gateways open more and more as December 21, 2012 approaches.
And now I have to ask, is the publication of a novel that contains detailed information about moving through these gateways, and the announcement of a scientific discovery that parallel universes are real both taking place on the same day in some way significant?

Because if we could open these gateways, everything is going to change around here, big time.
Like the crop circle meditations I am doing in the subscriber section, 2012 is organized as a triad, and the story is really about finding inner balance by exploring the psychology of the dark side, the light side and the balancing side through fiction.

But I certainly did not think, when I was writing it, that such universes might be real. Not a bit of it. Now, though, it seems that they are. In other words, other universes are right here and now, all around us.

To me, this casts the whole visitor reality in a possible new light. It makes sense of places like the National Institute for Discovery Sciences ranch in Utah, where strange animals are seen to appear and disappear mysteriously. Ditto bigfoot, the mysterious black cats of the U.S. Midwest and England, and so much more.

These animals may have evolved an ability to move between parallel universes as a sort of defense mechanism. It would certainly explain why there is so much evidence of them, and yet we can never capture one.
If movement between parallel universes is possible, then my book might be not only a work of fiction but a template about how to do this ourselves.

I am just flabbergasted by all this. Still processing it, actually. But I will be on Coast with George Noory on October 4, and will go through it all in detail then.
This is very exciting and strange, I have to say.
I am on author tour right now, and have a cold, so I'm communicating with you via this method rather than a journal entry. I just want everybody to know this happened, because I sense that it is important.

I am not here tooting my own horn with this, but in point of fact, you can get 2012 at any bookstore. I will be at the Tattered Cover in Denver signing books Thursday night at 7:30, and will certainly also talk about this stunning discovery.

What a fascinating, amazing world we live in. God might have been even busier than we thought!

Whitley will be on Coast to Coast AM tonight. Probably in the first hour, to discuss this subject and his new book.

Platinum
Pirate

Post by Platinum » 10-04-2007 06:29 PM

Whitley, your book has no "parallel"! It's wonderful and frightening all at the same time. I got it the day it came out. Please write more.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 10-04-2007 08:56 PM

Whitley will be on Coast to Coast AM tonight. Probably in the first hour, to discuss this subject and his new book.
I will be listening !!

Joolz
Pirate

Re: Parallel Universes are Real - Whitley Strieber

Post by Joolz » 10-05-2007 12:40 AM

Linnea wrote: Whitley will be on Coast to Coast AM tonight. Probably in the first hour, to discuss this subject and his new book.

Oooooooooo.... thanks for the head's up, Linnea! I'll tune this in!

ETA: I meant to say I'll tune this in on the re-play. ;)
Last edited by Joolz on 10-05-2007 12:51 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 10-05-2007 01:01 AM

Hmmmm... well, actually, guess I'd better tune in NOW! :D
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 10-05-2007 01:24 AM

Yep. I tuned in late too, and was glad Whitley was the second guest.
:)

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 10-05-2007 01:34 AM

One thing that is interesting to me, was I got the idea for the 'News from the Parallel Universe' thread on 9-29-07 - without having known about Whitley Strieber's new book. I have not been receiving his newsletters lately for some reason. Then - when I got a copy of the 9-26-07 newsletter today, there is a story in it where Whitley tells about being blown away by the announcement from the physicists from Oxford - about the real possibility of existence of parallel universes - in conjunction with the publishing of his new book. He was intending his book as fiction, now he believes there is more reality to his 'fictional' novel.

The synchronicity is interesting.

Remember in the Celestine Prophecies - when James Redfield said noticing synchonicity is a precursor to awareness...

I am jazzed about all this.
;)

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 10-05-2007 01:59 AM

Also put up William Henry's photo here up top - before he became a regular and a host on Dreamland.
:)

Hey....we are all family.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 11-02-2011 10:18 PM

bump

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-12-2013 03:59 PM

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-29-2013 11:13 AM

Ann Strieber, diognosed with cancer.

Why Life is a Can of Tuna
Thursday, June 27, 2013
Now hat I have a serious case of cancer (I go for radiation 5 days a week and take chemotherapy in pill form every night),I've begun to wax philosophical. Some of the best philosophy I've read is from Bucky the Cat, of the "Get Fuzzy" comic strip.

According to Bucky, "Life is like a can of tuna--it's messy, it stinks, you can fit all the good bits in one bowl, some cans are better than others and every now and then a bone pops out--BUT YOU STILL EAT IT!

Read the original source: http://www.unknowncountry.com/diary/why ... z2Xcbgh900

I tried to start a new thread, but, I couldn't. Maybe it is just me. Mods can you check it out ? Thank You.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-29-2013 11:14 AM

She just had her 2nd brain surgery in May. I really enjoy Ann's column.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 06-29-2013 03:55 PM

I am really sorry to hear this.

:(
A man's character is his fate

Lore
Pirate

Post by Lore » 06-29-2013 11:16 PM

Sad. I hope she finds a way to beat this.

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 06-30-2013 02:52 PM

Every time I saw Ann at Whitley events, she was drinking large diet drink with aspartame.

LIVESTRONG.COM

ASPARTAME

Aspartame is a sweetener that is much sweeter than sugar but has fewer calories. Aspartame can be found in diet sodas, coffee and yogurt. While aspartame products, such as NutraSweet and Equal, may appear to be a healthier alternative to sugar, there are a lot of side effects and the potential for poisoning. The symptoms of aspartame poisoning can impact your psychological and physiological functioning and may even lead to death.

Psychological

Aspartame poisoning can cause symptoms that affect you psychologically. Psychological symptoms impact your mental well-being and how your moods are regulated; while these symptoms may not seem dangerous they can lead to poor decision-making and impaired judgment. According to Sweetpoison.com, a website created by nutritionist Janet Hull to voice her opposition to the sweetener, aspartame poisoning can cause depression, aggression, anxiety, irritability, phobias, severe depression and personality changes. Other psychological symptoms may include memory loss and mood disturbances.

Neurological

Neurological symptoms of aspartame poisoning impact the control center for your body, your brain. With aspartame poisoning impacting your brain's normal functioning, you may experience symptoms that impair your motor skills and your most very basic level of functioning. Among these symptoms are dizziness, numbness in the limbs, severe tremors, facial pain, seizures, headaches or migraines, confusion, fatigue, slurred speech and hyperactivity.

Physical

Aspartame poisoning can impair your senses and cause physical symptoms. Physical symptoms can interfere with every portion of your body and cause a great deal of pain if left untreated. According to author Karen Hanrahan, a wellness educator and nutrition consultant, aspartame poisoning may cause nausea, vertigo, skin lesions, ringing in the ears, loss of taste, muscular and joint pain, irregular menstrual cycle, heart attack symptoms and menstrual cramps. Physically you may also experience diarrhea, abdominal pain, painful swallowing, asthma-like symptoms, thinning hair, hair loss, burning during urination, excessive thirst, fluid retention, high blood pressure, allergic reactions in the mouth, weight gain or loss, leg swelling and bloating.

Critical

If you experience any of the critical symptoms you should seek immediate medical attention. While all of the symptoms of aspartame poisoning can feel critical and should be treated in a timely manner, the critical symptoms can lead to permanent and extremely painful medical problems. According to Hull, aspartame poisoning can cause dangerous symptoms and may even cause death. Among the most critical of all the symptoms are peptic ulcers, brain damage, suicidal thoughts, aspartame addiction and birth defects, which can lead to mental retardation.
Sponsored Links

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/29349 ... z2XjN9C7W2

Return to “Dreamland ~ Whitley Strieber”