William Henry in Egypt

Dreamland ~ Whitley Strieber. Whitley has investigative reporters of edge science, ufos, ancient archeology and the weird and unusual - Anne Strieber

Moderator: Super Moderators

Swerdloc
Pirate

William Henry in Egypt

Post by Swerdloc » 01-31-2011 06:10 AM

As some of you may know, Dreamland and Revelations host William Henry has been in Egypt for the past couple of weeks, leading a tour group to the Giza plateau and several other sites. I have been trying to follow their situation on William's Facebook page, but internet service in Egypt has been shut down and getting information is difficult.

The group's tour was scheduled for 18-30 January, so they should be coming home at this time--but much if not most of the air transit out of the country has been shut down by the ongoing crisis. This morning CNN is reporting that the State Department will be running charter flights out of Egypt for the thousands of Americans, both travellers and residents, who have been stuck there.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/30/egypt. ... tml?hpt=T1

The last posts from William on Facebook on Saturday indicate that the group was safe inside their Mena House hotel compound in Cairo. He wrote:

"All is well with our group this morning. We're sitting by the pool with the Great Pyramid a short distance away. Local Egyptians are very excited about the prospect of change. They anticipate the demonstrations in Cairo will continue until Mubarak leaves office. This feels like the beginning of a major shift in this part of the world. We're all a part of it.

"Also, lots of UFO activity over the Great Pyramid the past two nights. The three belt stars of Orion were directly above the Giza Plateau. One of my group members shot some video of the UFOs. Will post the video asap."

I have not seen any further information on William's site or on the Unknowncountry.com site, but Whitley Strieber mentioned on this weekend's Dreamland that the tour group was scheduled to leave Egypt on the 30th.

For more updates, you may want to check William's Facebook page--and send prayers and good intentions for safety to William and his group.
Anchors Aweigh

Swerdloc
Pirate

Update from William Henry

Post by Swerdloc » 01-31-2011 09:09 AM

William just posted this on Facebook:

"Much love and gratitude to everyone for your prayers. Clare and I are in Cairo -- safe at our hotel. We leave for the airport in the morning. We're booked on a flight to London. Please pray for us and our group that we get through the mayhem at the airport and on the flight."
Anchors Aweigh

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 01-31-2011 11:17 AM

Thank you so much Swerdloc for posting this infomation, I pray that they are able to get out of Egypt today and are safely on their way out of the Country.

What an amazing time to be there, I know it must be scarey but also to be part of that history is something they will never forget.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 01-31-2011 02:44 PM

News article from several hours ago...
CAIRO — Cairo's international airport was a scene of chaos and confusion Monday as thousands of foreigners sought to flee the unrest in Egypt and countries around the world scrambled to send in planes to fly their citizens out.

Nerves frayed and shouting and shoving matches erupted as thousands crammed into Cairo airport's new Terminal 3 seeking a flight home. The airport's departures board stopped announcing flight times in an attempt to reduce the tension – but the plan backfired, fueling passengers' anger.

Making matters worse, check-in counters were poorly staffed because many EgyptAir employees had been unable to get to work due to a 3 p.m.-to-8 a.m. curfew and traffic breakdowns across the Egyptian capital.

"It's an absolute zoo, what a mess," said Justine Khanzadian, 23, a graduate student from the American University of Cairo. "I decided to leave because of the protests, the government here is just not stable enough to stay."

Food was scarce at the airport, with people buying up chocolate in the duty free shop. Airport staff shouted at travelers to get in line, but many were in no mood to listen. The scheduling board listed flight numbers without destinations or times of departure.

Occasionally, an official emerged and shouted out the destination of a departing flight, triggering a rush of passengers with boarding passes. The process worked smoothly for nationals of countries that had sent planes – Denmark, Germany, China, Canada – others had no such support.

By curfew time, some people who had apparently failed to get on a flight out of Egypt had boarded buses for the ride back into Cairo...
Hope William and his group made it out this morning. Nothing more on his FB page yet.

If you hear anything, swerdloc, let us know.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/3 ... 16183.html

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 02-01-2011 11:07 AM

Whitley Strieber just posted this on William's Facebook page:

"William and his wife Claire are on their flight to London. All but 2 of his group are out of Egypt, and the two remaining leave tomorrow. He thanks everybody for their prayers."
Anchors Aweigh

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 02-01-2011 01:10 PM

Thanks so much for the update Swerdloc, I am sure they are relieved that they are in the air and on their way home.

Hope there is no problem with the other two leaving tomorrow.

Thanks again.:)

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 02-01-2011 02:47 PM

Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good (godly) way is,
and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls."

Jeremiah 6:16

JimWest
Pirate

Post by JimWest » 02-01-2011 05:41 PM

William Henry called in live during last night's C2C program during the second hour. He was on a bus in Egypt on the way to the airport and the group of people with him all shouted out in the background. William told of their experiences the past few days at a hotel near the site of the Great Pyramid and Sphynx.

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 02-01-2011 07:25 PM

Whitley Strieber has posted on Facebook:

"William just texted me. He and Claire have just landed in London!"
Anchors Aweigh

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 02-02-2011 06:32 AM

Whitley Strieber has posted that he will be interviewing William Henry on the Revelations program tomorrow, which should be available after 11 a.m. PT.
Anchors Aweigh

Swerdloc
Pirate

William Henry Interview Now Up

Post by Swerdloc » 02-02-2011 03:53 PM

Whitley Strieber's interview with William Henry and his wife Claire is now up, and it's well worth listening to.

http://www.unknowncountry.com/revelatio ... revolution
Anchors Aweigh

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 02-02-2011 06:33 PM

Just finished listening to the interview on Dreamland. Thanks for posting up the info, swerdloc. William Henry had much to add about what is going on in Egypt that we would not hear on cable news.

It was touching when William Henry mentioned how encouraged he and his group were to know that the C2C, Dreamland audiences were aware of their plight in getting safely out of Egypt - and sending prayers and Light to them...

So, thanks for posting this thread as well. We all know that mind to mind and heart to heart - it makes the difference.

:cool:

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 02-02-2011 06:36 PM

I also just finished listening to this amazing interview, it brought tears to my eyes. I am sure our thoughts and prayers helped, they are lucky to have gotten out of Egypt.

Return to “Dreamland ~ Whitley Strieber”