Art Bell's closing music?

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

LarryG
Pirate

Art Bell's closing music?

Post by LarryG » 01-04-2003 06:12 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums. I've been listening to Art Bell since about 97 or so.

His program was great, making me think twice about things, and introducing new ideas. I didn't agree with every guest, but enjoying the program nonetheless.

Hopefully, he'll be back. I miss the program already.

I've got a question about Art's closing music, and I can't remember the lyrics, but hopefully someone here is familiar enough with it to point me in the right direction.

Does anyone know what the closing tune is called? At the top of the final hour or so, a tune is played that starts out like a lullaby on a midi (like you are getting very sleepy) Image, then flows into a Europop sound and speeds up. It's either a group singing or double tracked.

I think George Noory plays the same thing. I know it's not that Crystal Gayle song. The song sounds like 80's pop. Thanks for any ideas. Image

Larry

[This message has been edited by LarryG (edited 04 January 2003).]

The_One
Pirate

Post by The_One » 01-04-2003 07:11 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LarryG:
Does anyone know what the closing tune is called? At the top of the final hour or so, a tune is played that starts out like a lullaby on a midi (like you are getting very sleepy) Image, then flows into a Europop sound and speeds up.</font>
Do you mean the usual closing theme? If so, it's Cusco's "Inca Dance" and it doesn't have any lyrics (that I know of). I'm listening to it right now.

Art ended his last broadcast with Crystal Gayle's "Midnight in the Desert" and that one *does* have lyrics (obviously) Did this answer your question?
~*~*~*~*~*
Kacy C.
"Believe those who are seeking truth, doubt those who find it."
...Andre' Gide

LarryG
Pirate

Post by LarryG » 01-04-2003 08:26 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The_One:
Do you mean the usual closing theme? If so, it's Cusco's "Inca Dance" and it doesn't have any lyrics (that I know of). I'm listening to it right now.

Art ended his last broadcast with Crystal Gayle's "Midnight in the Desert" and that one *does* have lyrics (obviously) Did this answer your question?

</font>
No, but thanks for the info anyway. Image

This is a song that usually plays either at the beginning of the final hour or the final segment. The only way I can describe it is it starts out slow like a lullaby on a midi/synthesizer and then builds fast and a group (or double tracked person) starts singing, like something from 80's MTV pop.
I wish I could remember at least some lyrics to it.

Larry

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 01-04-2003 09:01 AM

Larry - Email Art and ask'em

[email protected]

Supernova
Pirate

Post by Supernova » 01-04-2003 09:39 AM

Larry,

Art (in the good ol' days) used to start the last segment with "Midnight At The Oasis" by I think somebody Muldhaur (Sp)? Maybe this is the song you are thinking of.

Noisy Pixel
Pirate

Post by Noisy Pixel » 01-04-2003 10:07 AM

Welcome LarryG,

Happy New week in an odd year !!
There was also another song played alot by Art that fits your description " midi/
synthesizer sound like a lullaby ( like
getting very sleepy )". This was a tune by
Chris Issac"s and I do not recall the name of song but the rest of the pirates here will.
Also, I would not know if said song was played during his final show,, as I was very busy this year at the Rose Parade pounding down tulips.

Opps,,,did I say tulips?, I meant two lips !

Noisy Pixel

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 01-04-2003 11:08 AM

What offends me is having to listen to Art's OPENING music. That was pretty much his signature for more years than he's been broadcasting in US. Remember when they played that old clip of Art broadcasting in Okinawa? He was using an electric guitar version of that tune. I'm...Devastated

------------------
--Phaedra is my name
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

Post by Guest » 01-04-2003 11:49 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Supernova:
Larry,

Art (in the good ol' days) used to start the last segment with "Midnight At The Oasis" by I think somebody Muldhaur (Sp)? Maybe this is the song you are thinking of.

</font>
Midnight at the Oasis came out in 1974 because I can trace it back to the boyfriend I had in college then. I wonder what ever happened to him. Like the song, he was a 1 hit wonder, then disappeared.

Midnight in the Desert is a brand new song by Crystal Gale that she wrote in Art Bell's honor in 2001 and got a lot of airplay last year. I thought Art might make it his openning theme song. It was very lovely.

The_One
Pirate

Post by The_One » 01-04-2003 06:42 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LarryG:
No, but thanks for the info anyway.</font>
Sorry Larry. Let me take another try. I used the Wayback Machine to bring up Art's old site -- the page that lists all the usual bumper music. Why not give it a look and see if you recognize anything there:

http://web.archive.org/web/200111081739 ... mper2.html
~*~*~*~*~*
Kacy C.
...Andre' Gide

The_One
Pirate

Post by The_One » 01-04-2003 06:43 PM

PS: Midnight at the Oasis was by Maria Muldaur.
~*~*~*~*~*
Kacy C.
...Andre' Gide

Post by Guest » 01-04-2003 06:54 PM

Does it start: "Once upon a time, once when you were mine..."

"...once upon a time, in your wildest dreams..."

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 01-04-2003 07:08 PM

What is the name of the opening music?
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Kali
Pirate

Post by Kali » 01-04-2003 07:15 PM

Originally, Art's closing music was a track from one of Cusco's CDs - I believe it was from Apuramac I.

A long time ago, he played an awful lot of of Cusco's stuff.

Cusco is a group who does "New Age" music. They are, as I recall, a German group and they were influenced by ancient Mayan an Incan music.

crm
Pirate

Post by crm » 01-04-2003 07:16 PM

The song is 'Your Wildest Dreams' by the Moody Blues. It's on their 'The Moody Blues - A Legend Of A Band' CD.

crm
Pirate

Post by crm » 01-04-2003 07:18 PM

Sorry - I was giving a reply to Dotscom's message. Thought it was a question - sorry about that.

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”