Art Bell's Official Facebook Account

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 11-01-2012 09:10 PM

This is what happens when you no longer own whatever "it" is.

It was his baby and his vision - he made a bunch of money and no one cares or knows your vision like you.
A man's character is his fate

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 11-01-2012 10:45 PM

Well, ain't this interesting, eh Dio? Funny how this came up now, right after I made mention again about Art being peeved about the SiT shows in my Ghost to Ghost thread last night.

He's fired another shot across Premrad's bow. We'll see if that does anything, but they've got to know it's not going to get any better if they don't honor his request.

It's not like it wasn't too obvious Art wasn't pleased with the direction of the show, but he's made it pretty plain it's gotten to the point now it's nothing at all he wants to be associated with in any way any longer.

I notice, though, he says it's not that he "wants" to do another show - while it's clearly wishful thinking, I'd like to believe beyond pressing the principle of the thing, he HASN'T totally dismissed the possibility of his returning to the air in some way shape or form on some sort of regular or semi-regular basis down the road.

If he's not thinking about it at the moment, he's always said "never say never", so should he ever decide to take up the mic again, it's best he does take Premrad to task lest his rep be tarnished in the meanwhile by unwanted continued association with what C2C has become...

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 11-02-2012 03:18 AM

Art should do another show. He would steal all their listeners.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-02-2012 05:43 AM

Raggedyann wrote: Art should do another show. He would steal all their listeners.

Without a doubt. While I can appreciate the spiritualism/ paranormal direction that George Noory has taken the show on, for me, Coast is a shell of what it used to be. S&P seems to me, at least, to be the major focus of the show now, and this is in stark contrast to Art's focus, whic was much broader. That and George just doesn't have the interviewing skills that Art brought to the show........

I get it that George had a family members who had mediumship skills and he had an experience himself, but I don't believe that this in itself can sustain a show of this type. I think that it's more of a name-recognition issue and Art's archived shows that have sustained the brand as long as it has been under George's watch.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 11-02-2012 09:51 AM

Raggedyann wrote: Art should do another show. He would steal all their listeners.
Y'know, if Premrad doesn't acquiesce to Art's request, it would serve them right if he DID go back on the air in direct completion with C2C -

Though he says it's something he doesn't want, a new show WOULD be a great way to drive home his point that they've let Coast sink under the waves. I'd say more than anything else, staging a comeback to the airwaves would attract a LOT of folks' attention at Premrad's corporate offices.

I could understand not wanting to do a full-time schedule, but since it IS the SiT rebroadcasts that concern him, simply doing a show once-a-week DURING that very same Saturday night slot could easily hit his former employer right where it hurts, that being the pocketbook.

The way it is, SiT isn't even airing in all the markets that carry the regular C2C schedule, so I'd think there's gotta be a distributor or syndicator that'd be willing and able to set Art up with some affiliates in a fairly short time -

I'd also think as added incentive to cinching a deal, any such network would be willing to give Art total, or virtually full creative control. Can you just imagine how his millions... AND MILLIONS of fans would react when they learn of his return ON HIS terms? Time to ROCK 'N' ROLL, Baby!

FINALLY... Art Bell has come back to radio! The most electrifying host in the history of late night talk is just itchin' to layeth the smackdown on his one-time bosses, and to deliver the very sort of program that for years made his show THE only choice for discerning nightowls across America.

Accept no substitutes, folks! Listeners deserve nothing but the latest and greatest from the best there IS, the best there WAS and the best there'll EVER be, and that's EXACTLY what they're gonna get!

He's rested, he's ready and he's gonna stand right up to those jabroni execs at Premrad, take what's left of C2C AM, dust it off, shine it up real nice, turn it sideways and stick it straight up their CANDY ASSES -

IF YA SMELLLLL-LA what the BELL - is - cookin'!

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-02-2012 10:47 AM

Would be nice.........

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 11-02-2012 01:50 PM

Riddick wrote: The most electrifying host in the history of late night talk is just itchin' to layeth the smackdown on his one-time bosses, and to deliver the very sort of program that for years made his show THE only choice for discerning nightowls across America.

If Art was on during daytime hours he would steal the show from a lot of folks. Even Limbaugh! :D
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 11-05-2012 01:22 PM

I just don't see it. I wish Art would do something, but I don't see how he could or see him going back to that life.

Riddick
Pirate

"A Dish Best Served Cold"

Post by Riddick » 11-05-2012 01:43 PM

If nothing else as a motivation, maybe for what he sees they've done to his "creation" he'd do a new show just outta revenge!??

K-K-Kinda like K-K-Ken and his steamroller with Otto being Premrad, Wanda (the fish, not the lady) being C2C, and Archie as the captive audience - !!

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 11-05-2012 01:48 PM

If he did do a new show I think it would be very short-lived.

What he should do is a podcast (I say again). Charge for it. He could make more money than any radio station would pay him, and have more listeners too.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 11-05-2012 02:20 PM

Fan wrote: What he should do is a podcast (I say again). Charge for it. He could make more money than any radio station would pay him, and have more listeners too.
I agree, that'd be the smartest and quickest way to go. With a podcast there'd be no need for a fixed schedule, and he could do the programs just the way it suits him as they're be no network "middlemen" to deal with.

'Course, he'd have to get over the fact that it's not going out over the radio waves. But hey, a show's a show!!

Here's a wacky thought: y'know, C2C AM isn't Art's only "baby"... how about he and Whitley do double duty on "Dreamland"? Whit could continue to do the "regular" weekly shows with Art acting as fill-in host there, along with "special episodes" Art could do on an irregular basis.

If nothing else, doing it that way would be a way to gauge how successful a totally new show might be...

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 11-05-2012 02:23 PM

Riddick wrote: I agree, that'd be the smartest and quickest way to go. With a podcast there'd be no need for a fixed schedule, and he could do the programs just the way it suits him as they're be no network "middlemen" to deal with.

'Course, he'd have to get over the fact that it's not going out over the radio waves. But hey, a show's a show!!

Here's a wacky thought: y'know, C2C AM isn't Art's only "baby"... how about he and Whitley do double duty on "Dreamland"? Whit could continue to do the "regular" weekly shows with Art acting as fill-in host there, along with "special episodes" Art could do on an irregular basis.

If nothing else, doing it that way would be a way to gauge how successful a totally new show might be...

This makes sense.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 11-05-2012 02:26 PM

Riddick wrote: I agree, that'd be the smartest and quickest way to go. With a podcast there'd be no need for a fixed schedule, and he could do the programs just the way it suits him as they're be no network "middlemen" to deal with.

I got the vibe that they did not want to work together... I am not sure why, but it seemed to me that they had done their run and Art and Whit were not totally eye-to-eye.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 11-05-2012 03:14 PM

Well now that wouldn't surprise me - I would imagine Anne and Whitley were quite close to Ramona and that was quite a shocker how that all turned out.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 11-05-2012 05:41 PM

Fan wrote: I got the vibe that they did not want to work together... I am not sure why, but it seemed to me that they had done their run and Art and Whit were not totally eye-to-eye.
Well, that doesn't then hold out much hope for my Dreamland idea.

But still, even if it's not that they'd be all too terribly interested in pursuing any sort of "tag-team" partnership on the show, mebbe time does heal all wounds? I get the idea they're still on pretty good terms personally -

Wasn't it Whitley who was the first to step in with the news that it wasn't Art talking about himself in that Facebook liver cancer scare?

Despite whatever might cause either to have qualms about working together again, to the degree Art & Whitley are 'businessmen', if both could benefit in a big way financially from a joint venture, so much as one exists between them I'd tend to think that they could see their way clear to "burying the hatchet".

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”