Picking garden products for next year

Gardening and Household tips. Good food. The Lighter side...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Picking garden products for next year

Post by Cherry Kelly » 12-07-2015 02:30 PM

IT is that time of year when you can look back on how your garden produced, and think about the seeds and plants for next year.

First you might need to add some compost to sit in the area until next spring.

Next if starting your own plants to find the seeds desired and how long it takes to germinate and grow to a size to be planted outside.

NOW - to think about perhaps some others you'd like to try. Be sure to look at your growing area maps to see if they will grow and pick ones that will.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Re: Picking garden products for next year

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-03-2016 03:47 PM

Got my lists done for what I'd like to add to what was grown last year. Will work on the new garden lay out much later!

I do hope as many as possible can grow some gardens this year as I do think the produce will be needed. Seeing the prices in the stores am so glad I have frozen beans and corn. Hopefully the newer peas will grow this year as I finally found where I can get pea seeds that will grow even in warmer weather. (AND hope not quite so much rain in the spring - the every day or every two days sprinkles was not that helpful.)

The leaf lettuce in the cold frame is still growing and makes for a nice salad. :)

Return to “Garden & Galley”