BOINC Team?

Moderator: Super Moderators

TABwebmaster
Boatswain

BOINC Team?

Post by TABwebmaster » 12-05-2003 11:59 AM

Hey, I just noticed that FFST isn't up yet at BOINC. Someone here who wants to be in charge of creating and maintaining your new team over at BOINC had better get a jump on it before someone steals the name and plays havoc. I made sure to get Team Art Bell way back in February but Beta was closed then. It's open now and the more people who find out about it the worse off you'll be. It's kind of like people going out and buying popular name-brand domain names just so they can charge a hefty fee and make money off of it when the company decides they want to go online. This is less and less frequent but it's pretty much the same thing.

Just a heads-up. ;)

Mark

By the way, who's in charge of your team now? Linnea? RC? Doug?

Gwen
Pirate

Post by Gwen » 12-05-2003 02:32 PM

Mark, here is what the October 6th message says about plans for transition to BOINC.

What will happen with SETI@home teams?
All current SETI@home teams, and their membership, will be copied over to SETI@home/BOINC.

Has this changed?
Thanks for all the info you share with us. :)

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 12-06-2003 01:01 AM

Arrrrh! Geez - I went to Boinc and created a Fantastic Forum Team. Now am wondering about what Gwen said. Will this mess up our automatic transition to Boinc? I also first registered as an individual account as Fantastic Forum. Now I am worried. Heh. I thought I could just wait until the transition also. Now wondering what will happen. Mark? :eek: When I registered the Team, it didn't even ask who I was. So - does this mean the Team does not have a founder and a contact email? When I registered the individual account as FF, I put my email on FF - not revisedcode, who is the current founder of our FF Seti Team. So, also wonder if the transfer will be interfered with. Any ideas, Mark...

TABwebmaster
Boatswain

Post by TABwebmaster » 12-07-2003 12:29 AM

...er...one sec...I'm asking the powers-that-be. That page looks like how it's going to go. I'm e-mailing David Anderson to get more definitive answers if he has them yet. One thing that I don't see on that page, that I do remember hearing about, is that the e-mails that are sent out to all current members of SAH need to be responded to or something similar within a certain timeframe or the account will be deleted and not transferred over. Without seeing David's response I will bet that if you don't respond to that e-mail your "potential" account will be deleted and the one you already created will be in effect. Your old stats will be posted on the SAH website once the original SAH is done and you will have a new account over on the BOINC/AP/SAH side.

I will keep you posted though with David's response and anything else I see in the BOINC message board.

Mark

Return to “FANTASTIC FORUM ~ SETi Team”