Ancient aliens? Or a lost civilization?

Ancient archaeology, star gates, the Mars connection, searching for lost Atlantis, evidence of ancient catastrophies, underwater cities...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-09-2016 09:05 AM

Quote:

Those of us working on an alternative history of humanity need to hold ourselves to standards of evidence AT LEAST AS HIGH as is demanded of mainstream scholars if we are ever to get history rewritten. With this in mind I want to say a few words about the “ancient astronaut hypothesis” and its claim that revelations and radical new meanings emerge from ancient texts and traditions when they are read in the light of modern space-exploration technology.

I have no problem with the notion that the universe is full of life, or with the notion that we are being visited now, or have been visited in the past, by “astronauts” from other planets. Much remains unknown and while that is the case we should not be too hasty to ignore extraordinary possibilities.

I am quite clear, however, having spent more than quarter of a century walking the walk across many of the most intriguing ancient archaeological sites on earth, and digging into ancient texts and traditions from all around the world, that NO ancient archaeological site and NO ancient text or tradition that I have yet come across provides persuasive evidence for the “ancient astronaut hypothesis”.

And I’m equally clear that in order to give the impression that the sites and texts do support their hypothesis, it is necessary for ancient astronaut theorists again and again to take the ancient texts out of context, or to misquote them deliberately, rather than to present them to readers in an honest and transparent way.

Please DON’T send me screeds of the late Zecharia Sitchin’s “translations” by way of refutation of this! If you were to spend as much time as I have examining the original source material upon which Sitchin drew, and comparing what you find to how Sitchin presented it in his Earth Chronicles series, you would, I think, be horrified by the scale of the illusion that has been created: a gigantic work of science fiction masquerading as fact, and giving rise to something like a New Age “religion” in which people have “faith” in the existence of a planet called Nibiru and its advanced, high-tech inhabitants — our creators, no less! — known as the Nefilim or the Anunnaki.

The Rest of the story:

https://grahamhancock.com/ancient-alien ... ilization/

Could we have possibly been "misled"? Silly , Human's never lie! Never misled intentionally, nor do they create "facts" on faulty premises unintentionally .:coolhat:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Re: Ancient aliens? Or a lost civilization?

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 06-09-2016 10:52 AM

Mornin' Doka,

Could we have possibly been "misled"? Silly , Human's never lie! Never misled intentionally, nor do they create "facts" on faulty premises unintentionally .:coolhat:

Many have spoken with their forked tongues speaking for God or they're multiple gods! On any late night radio program dealing with alternate non MSM news I keep waiting for this topic. :P

:idea: Being brief entomologists declare there are over 3K different species of mosquitoes worldwide. :oops: Spray yourself with skeeter dope, be ready. :shock:

I'll close with the fact that there are over 1K different languages spoken on the globe. Hmm! :? Did "all" of them originate in the Garden of Eden? Or did they "all" originate from the dry plains and low hills of East Africa? One more? Did they "all" originate from a livable cave in a future country named France?

As a kid growing up I never subscribed to the reasons for building or the results of the biblical "Tower of Babble". :mrgreen: So I'll be patient waiting for the ancient anything experts to give their opinions on humans speaking OR writing the same word(s) so many different ways! :confused:

MK2 :)
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 07-11-2016 12:27 PM, edited 2 times in total.
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-09-2016 04:36 PM

Doka wrote:Could we have possibly been "misled"? Silly , Human's never lie! Never misled intentionally, nor do they create "facts" on faulty premises unintentionally .:coolhat:
The answer is simple. Yes.

There is evidence to make me comfortable to say that we have been visited, (and still are), and part of that may be validated at some point within the human binary DNA. Recent discoveries play into this quite nicely.

However, Doka, we have been lied to by both our government, and the fertile imagination of radio hucksters and willing participants who frequent web sites, forums and video posting sites.

During my absence from the FF I spent a lot of time reading and researching, and the one thing which was painfully clear was that 98% of all postings on forums and web sites are born from someone spinning a good tale, usually to raise their ego. Youtube is a great place for mental masturbation with the UFO and ET subject. Radio shows, (like one we know), should be looked at with a raised eyebrow. If not completely false, they will take something and blow it completely out of context for the pure entertainment factor.

A fellow from South America who was a biologist said it best when he used the analogy of taking three seeds from the same plant, and then planting each in a different part of the world and letting those plants replicate among themselves. Then 5,000 years later you look at how closely the three "families" resemble each other. Although sharing a common ancestor, all three will be different.

Personally I think there is good evidence of visitation. What has me stumped is how Gods and religion were born.

When I get done with the present court case, it's back to traveling for me. I want to find out the answers.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-09-2016 07:34 PM

Voguy:

What has me stumped is how Gods and religion were born.

Humans , needed them to explain their existence , hasn't worked out too well.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-10-2016 06:08 PM

Doka wrote:Voguy:
What has me stumped is how Gods and religion were born.
Humans , needed them to explain their existence , hasn't worked out too well.
I don't have access to the books here, but there was an interesting account in a book written by an anthropology professor which dealt with this subject and how the interactions were both benevolent and threatening. And it's safe to say that in the times before Christ there were not the records kept on families, or was there science of testing. Man had to account for his past, and it was hard for him to do.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 07-11-2016 10:16 AM

We do have to remember location. As humans spread across this world of ours, the locations called for adaptation in more ways than one.

Just think about it when you travel - see something you have never seen before - plant or animal as example. If you don't have a native of that region to tell you what it is - you make up your own name or in today's world, take a pix.

One of my favorite things to study -- some years back, was ancient archeology - including cave drawings, some drawings on rocks (like steps on ground that have been found - etc.). On the Discovery or History channel (forget which) they did one on stone buildings across the world. It was amazing to note and see similarities in some of their carvings. They made comments too about some of those.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-11-2016 04:49 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote:Just think about it when you travel - see something you have never seen before - plant or animal as example. If you don't have a native of that region to tell you what it is - you make up your own name or in today's world, take a pix.
True, but what gets me is you can timeline some events and construction to the same time period, such as what was written on walls of caves. People didn't travel that fast, so the only conclusion you can make is that certain things were happening in different locations around the same time.

Return to “Ancient Archaeology”