Halting multiple sclerosis

Health, bio-technology

Moderator: Super Moderators

Capt Tuttle
Pirate

Halting multiple sclerosis

Post by Capt Tuttle » 04-18-2011 04:46 PM

Very Promising New!!

"Scientists from the Florida campus of The Scripps Research Institute have developed the first of a new class of highly selective compounds that effectively suppresses the severity of multiple sclerosis in animal models. The new compound could provide new and potentially more effective therapeutic approaches to multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune diseases that affect patients worldwide."

"For the past several years, Burris and his colleagues have been investigating small-molecule compounds that affect particular disease-related receptors (structures that bind other molecules, triggering some effect on the cell). In particular, the scientists have been interested in a pair of "orphan nuclear receptors" (receptors with no known natural binding partner) called RORá and RORã involved in both autoimmune and metabolic diseases."

"If you eliminate TH17 cell signals, you basically eliminate the disease in animal models," Burris said. "Our compound is the first small-molecule orally active drug that targets this specific cell type and shuts it down. Once SR1001 is optimized, chances are it will be far more potent and effective."

The Link:

http://www.rdmag.com/News/2011/04/Drug- ... sclerosis/
"Be good"
-Mom

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 04-19-2011 01:29 AM

But what will the side affects be, how many other drugs will we have to take to offset the side affects, and how much will the manufacturers charge for treatment with these newly discovered compounds, once they are on the market, which will take years?

As much as I'd like to think that cures and harmless suppressive medicines can be developed, I have to remember that the last time we ever "cured" anything, it was polio... and now we're learning that there were three different drugs given (world-wide) to children in the early 1950s, and many of them are now suffering from health ailments directly related to some of those vaccines which were grown on the cells of diseased monkeys, and those cells have created other illnesses over a long-term incubation time. Read "Dr. Mary's Monkey" and you'll get a better idea of how many of us were victimized by bad vaccinations.

Also, let's face it... if the drug companies actually CURE something, it's a self-limiting market for them.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 04-19-2011 07:18 PM

I have a friend who has had MS for many years and i feel bad for him....... I hope this study results in cures being found THAT ARENT HELD BACK!!

Return to “Health”