Ya Got Weather?? Ya Say...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Ya Got Weather?? Ya Say...

Post by Riddick » 02-16-2021 12:13 AM

150M People Under Winter Advisories, 1 Dead As 'Unprecedented' Storm Stretches Across 25 States; 3.5M Without Power In Texas

An "unprecedented" winter storm continued its assault on the nation Monday, killing at least one person in Louisiana, leaving millions without power in Texas and wreaking travel havoc across a wide swath of the USA because of heavy snow and ice. FULL STORY

Related:
Why Texas Has Gone Dark

The Lone Star state is currently short of electricity because half of the Texas wind fleet (the largest in the nation) is iced over and incapable of generating electricity. Additionally, the natural gas infrastructure Texas has become so reliant upon has also frozen up.

Texas’s experience highlights the perils of becoming overly reliant upon wind, solar and natural gas because these energy sources are not as reliable as coal or nuclear power during extreme weather conditions.

But there is more to the story than that. Texas has what some regard as a free market in energy, but in fact it is distorted by the massive federal subsidies paid by the federal government. These subsidies often cause the price of electricity to go negative; that is, wind farms will actually pay utilities to take electricity off their hands. The resulting market dislocation devastates reliable energy sources.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-16-2021 11:34 AM

Lordy! All the "Green Energy" has become a huge money laundering scheme. They make tons of money when nothing works. "SAVE THE EARTH" and Freeze to death,* Now , that's progress :confused: :shock:

*or how I went back to doing my laundry, by the stream, beating it on rocks and they convinced me it was called "Progress" :D
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 02-19-2021 11:34 PM

Doka wrote: 02-16-2021 11:34 AM Lordy! All the "Green Energy" has become a huge money laundering scheme. They make tons of money when nothing works. "SAVE THE EARTH" and Freeze to death,* Now , that's progress :confused: :shock:
Y'think freezing to death in the dark is progress? Wait 'til folks get the bill.

As Texas Deep Freeze Subsides, Some Households Now Face Electricity Bills As High As $10,000
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-25-2021 09:28 AM

Spring is over and Sahara Hot is here in the PNW! Today starts our over 100° temps for the gods only know how long. The "Chem-trailers" have been running very heavy, this morning at 5AM the air was like an acid dump. Hi winds are also expected, gota get those forest fires going! Yippi-Skippy :roll:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-25-2021 01:03 PM

Here in SE WI it's currently cloudy, relatively cool at 72 (average high 81, & forecast high of 80 today) & 100% humidity. Scattered storms are expected later today & tomorrow with chances of rain tapering off Sunday but picking up again mid-week

Highs around 77 are forecast through Thursday, and only 68 next Friday. The July 4th holiday weekend is expected to be below normal highs in the 70s with chance of showers & T-storms each day

I don't like the dampness but we can use the rain. Plus highs only in the 70s are way preferable to sweltering triple-digits.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-13-2021 08:59 AM

We have some really "Bad Magic" going on ! Not one day under a 100°, for the last 3 weeks or more, and no rain in sight, they tell us. Now we have "Haze" that dumps the air quality, to the too dangerous to breath catagory.

The "Farmers Almanac" way off, check it out for your area.

2021 Long Range Weather Forecast for Pacific Northwest -The Old Farmer’s Almanac!

July 2021 Long Range Weather Forecast for Pacific NorthwestDates Weather Conditions
Jul 1-4 Showers, cool
Jul 5-11 Sunny, warm
Jul 12-18 Showers, turning hot
Jul 19-25 Sunny, cool
Jul 26-31 T-storms, cool
July temperature 66° (1° above avg.)
precipitation 1" (0.5" above avg.)

https://www.almanac.com/weather/longrange/region/us/15
KARMA RULES

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-17-2021 05:32 AM

Here's what the almanac has for my SE neck o' the WI woods

Jul 1-4 A few t-storms, hot
Jul 5-11 Scattered t-storms, cool
Jul 12-24 A few t-storms, warm
Jul 25-28 Sunny, cool
Jul 29-31 T-storms, cool
July temperature 69.5° (1° below avg.)
precipitation 4" (2" above avg. east, 1" below west)

It's not far from what we've had 'til now but far's the latter part of the month, Accuweather's forecast doesn't agree, tho I dunno... when they say "cool" that's relative to what, the week or two before???

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-17-2021 08:58 AM

Accuweather has the PNW turned into toast the end of July, burnt, smoked toast :shock: :realmad: and pretty much carrying "Hell" into Oct. Do I think that this weather has human help, ya I do!
KARMA RULES

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-11-2021 01:32 PM

So we had some strong thunderstorms go thru the area last night and now there's widespread power outages in and surrounding Milwaukee affecting over 100,000 people. I'm not directly affected, having power at home, but I won't have to go into work today. The forecast calls for another round of possibly severe storms tonight

How's the weather out y'all's way??

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-12-2021 07:07 AM

Out here in the PNW where we are learning the True Meaning of "BAR-B-QUE" , that is human "BAR-B-QUE" to ya all. Bad air and all. It is miserable! Staying cool enough, with the air conditioner, but caged. Everyone is pretty Cranky, mostly just from exhaustion 3 months of this just takes a toll on everyone.
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-03-2022 02:35 PM

Wow! We had steady 50/60 MPH winds, 70+ MPH gusts , with about 4 or 5 inches of snow on the ground.

We had a "Ground Blizzard" have not seen anything quite like it in this area.
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-28-2022 09:00 AM

Our nights have been running between 9° and 12° :cold: about 4 AM this morning I came out of bed ,like a burning piece of toast!

It was 58 °! I was wraped up in my blankies and my faulty thermostat was cranking out the heat! Plus the

humidity is dropping like a rock , just put my water kettle on the stove. When I went to bed the humidity was around 69%, now it is 44% and still dropping, not good health wise. Now try and tell me there is NO weather manipulation! I will have trouble hearing you. :shock: 50 MPH winds today :?
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-26-2022 08:23 PM

Is Every body nice and warm? It is 102° a little after 6PM, looks like about 3 110° days coming toward the week-end then eventual cooling, unless they change their minds. I have air, thank goodness, but am always concerned about black outs. Keep cool :D
KARMA RULES

Riddick
Pirate

No Heatwaves Here (So Far)

Post by Riddick » 07-26-2022 11:11 PM

We hit 99 twice & had 4 low 90s days in June. Aside that, it's been mid to upper 80s, & mid-upper 70s, but mostly near our seasonal 82. I've had windows open two days now. May need a fan or AC tomorrow, less so the rest of the week as it looks -

High risk of black & brownouts in our neck of the midwest may be mitigated by the relatively mild weather. There's a way to go 'til summer ends tho. Fingers crossed!

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-06-2022 02:31 AM

Having aheat wave tonight it's 25° as opposed to 10° to 18° we mayby have 2 to 3 inces of snow , more coming
Coming this week-end.

Grocery report: still have most things in the store, Prices higher than high. I have grocery delivery, so realy have no idea what the shelves look like.
KARMA RULES

Return to “Earth/ Weather/ Climate”