Climate Activism: An Ideology in Search of a Justification

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 04-24-2019 08:02 PM

Quote from Arlo(in comments)

"Climate activism: A non-solution in search of a problem, to justify shutting down the economy."

Offering Solutions OR Just Maintaining the People's "Fear Factor" :?:

From roughly the 1960s to the mid-2000s, the American environmentalist movement aggressively espoused a concept known as “peak oil” as its primary justification for reducing fossil fuel use. According to peak-oil theory, the finite nature of the world’s petroleum reserves necessarily implies that a maximum aggregate rate of oil extraction for the world will be reached at some future point. After that point, oil production will enter into a decline.

In the abstract, peak-oil theory simply makes a series of mathematical claims about the long-term course of a finite or nonrenewable resource’s uses. In the hands of environmentalist activists, it became an instant cause for alarm. Oil’s nonrenewable nature meant that a resource-depletion event was imminent and that the failure to aggressively adopt “clean” fuel alternatives would lead to a catastrophic collapse of the global energy sector and thus the global economy.

These apocalyptic claims were commonplace at the time of the first Earth Day event in 1970, when environmentalists confidently predicted a complete exhaustion of the world’s oil supply by the year 2000. In subsequent years the environmentalist movement en masse adopted the logic of the famously failed Malthusian doomsayer Paul Ehrlich to suggest an imminent death spiral in the oil-based-energy market, setting a deadline for the global conversion away from fossil fuels.

Entire Article

https://www.aier.org/article/climate-ac ... tification

A very thoughtful article!
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

"Hasty Enactment Of Dubious Policies"

Post by Riddick » 04-25-2019 12:43 AM

Isn't it great how foaming at the mouth climate activists demonize as immoral deniers any one who dares doubt their hysterical sky falling claims and delusional desperation-driven solutions?

This they do, all the while they themselves are deep into denial about the widespread economic devastation and hell on earth societal descent any rapid retreat from fossil fuel use would entail

I'm all in favor of pursuing energy alternatives. At the same time I've never been one to drink the Green Koolaid and I'm not gonna start now. Save the planet suicide pact? Thanks, I'll pass.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: Climate Activism: An Ideology in Search of a Justification

Post by Doka » 04-25-2019 07:12 PM

"Save the planet suicide pact? Thanks, I'll pass."

I'm right there with ya Riddick. I really have no doubt that these, crazy people are "Infected" with something, that ate their brain. ! :shock: And they have these spell-bound followers, twitching on their every word.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “Earth/ Weather/ Climate”