Good bye, Lone Gunmen

Star Trek - and beyond

Moderator: Super Moderators

sandy interrante
Pirate

Good bye, Lone Gunmen

Post by sandy interrante » 04-22-2002 10:14 PM

We who loved Star Trek are often X-Files fans too. It's sad to see the series ending. But losing the Lone Gunmen, Mulder's geeky friends was too much to bear! They went out as heroes, and not as the quirky computer hacks we thought them to be. I thought they'd be around when Mulder returned, even becoming "uncles" to baby William. May they rest in peace!

Post by Guest » 04-23-2002 05:12 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sandy interrante:
We who loved Star Trek are often X-Files fans too. It's sad to see the series ending. But losing the Lone Gunmen, Mulder's geeky friends was too much to bear! They went out as heroes, and not as the quirky computer hacks we thought them to be. I thought they'd be around when Mulder returned, even becoming "uncles" to baby William. May they rest in peace!</font>
Farewell to my favorite geeks. They were Patriots to the end and I can't think of a better burial place than in Arlington National. I watched a few eps of "The Lone Gunmen" TV series and was quite disappointed. They deserved better. I never did like Langly's hair, but I liked his attitude. If I had to choose who I was closest to, I'd say that I would be closest to Byers with a little bit of Frohike thrown in. It was sad to see them go, and I'm going to miss them.

------------------
Peace,

Captain Kundalini

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 04-23-2002 12:47 PM

It is sad they killed off the Lone Gunmen so quickly. I was hoping the series would be back on the air maybe to take up where the X-Files ends. Guess not.
They were probably buried in Arlington Memorial Cemetary because they were gov. agents. I think their newspaper was a front.

------------------
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

sandy interrante
Pirate

Post by sandy interrante » 04-23-2002 10:19 PM

The first episode of the Lone Gunmen centered around Byers which brought him out as a very a quiet, intelligent, compassionate man. I remember that it had something to do with the death of his father. Frohike brought a lot of humor. I could see him "bending the elbow" at night. Langley wasn't too appealing to me. Yes, they might have been govt agents. I wondered why they were buried in Arlington. I was kind of surprised to see Morris Fletcher from Dreamland. But, who knows, with the X-Files, are they really dead? It seems quite likely though. I remember when the CSM was killed by Kryczek pushing him down the stairs. I wondered, too, if he were really dead, but he hasn't shown up since. One thing I'll miss is the developing relationship between Doggett and Reyes. They really fit well into the program. Will miss the X-Files.

Does anyone have any favorite episodes or observations?

Post by Guest » 04-24-2002 12:42 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Does anyone have any favorite episodes or observations?[/B]</font>
One of my favorites, even though it broke my heart was when Fox Mulder was finally reunited with Samantha in the episode "Closure". Another of my favories was "Conduit" as well as the trilogy of episodes, "Anasazi", "The Blessing Way" and "Paper Clip".

Poptart8
Pirate

Post by Poptart8 » 06-01-2002 01:33 PM

Those poor writers ... they lost their way in the darkness unable to see in any direction. Why would the shadow government want to bombard old scared Native American sites? They totally and completely disconnected themselves from the hidden agenda of seeding new life. Let's face it crap sells ... the public only wants fiction without reality aired on network television. But why is it the West Wing, CSI, JAG and The Agency are scoring hits?

Mulder and Scully will return IF Carter wants em too! The final reunion or graduation series! Little William at puberty finds his parents. His Alien cousins help reunite him with Scully and Mulder.

The geeks are turned into ultra dimensional heros by the higher glactic other dimension - time warping realities.
We can sympathize with a child who is afraid of the dark, but the real tragedy of life is that most people are afraid of the light.

sandy interrante
Pirate

Post by sandy interrante » 06-01-2002 10:35 PM

As an X-Files fan, I really couldn't get into the last episode. All of a sudden, Mulder appears, but from where?In self-defense, he kills a super soldier who isn't supposed to die. Now, he's in a military tribunal somewhere. Scully tells him that she gave baby William away. When the Lone Gunmen appeared in the desert, I thought they had escaped death and were in hiding. Then M and S meet the CSM, who seemed to have been done in by cancer and a nasty fall. They blast him away because he knew the truth? I think the last few seasons have been really good adding Doggett and Reyes. Chris Carter is pretty clever. Was he just burned out by leaving things hanging in mid air, or is he preparing us for films to follow? Nevertheless, I'll really miss watching the X-Files on Sunday nights.

sandy interrante
Pirate

Post by sandy interrante » 06-02-2002 09:18 PM

Yes, Maryals, let's invite anyone who wants to share the X-Files here. I was just thinking, kind of far out, that one can classify the X-Files into something like Shakespearean plays-tragedies, comedies and histories. Tragedies would be the typical X-File cases that were apart from the Chris Carter mythology of govt cover-ups. Comedies aren't too frequent, though I thought the Rain King was a classic. It's too bad the X-Files aren't on any more. Fox is offering the "very enlightened" show on Alaskan brides at 8:00PM.

Post by Guest » 06-04-2002 06:06 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sandy interrante:
Yes, Maryals, let's invite anyone who wants to share the X-Files here. I was just thinking, kind of far out, that one can classify the X-Files into something like Shakespearean plays-tragedies, comedies and histories. </font>
(Respectfully Snipped)

That's a great idea! Let's put the idea thru to Linnea, Spike Mike, etc and see what they think about it. By the way, I saw a UFO in 2/91 in Hays County. When I tried to get some info on the other sightings of the same UFO that were reported that night, the reports were GONE!

sandy interrante
Pirate

Post by sandy interrante » 06-05-2002 09:34 PM

Yea, Captain, an X-Files forum would help to keep it alive. By the way, there were mulitple sightings of a huge UFO in southern Illinois back in, I think, Jan of 2000. It was triangular, the size of a football field. Very credible people saw it, especially police and rational people up at night. Art featured it on one of his programs. Yet, the media joked about it as being a military test of helicopters in formation to being the illusions of tired or drunk citizens. I'm sure that what you saw wasn't imagined since you tried to find reports on it. A drunk would pass out and forget it. People who see these things, such as the huge appearance in Arizona a few years ago, are being blown-off as fools. The X-Files seemed to make people more aware that something is out there, whether it is from here or alien. The simple question is that we just want to know the truth-which is out there.

Riddick
Pirate

The Lone Gunmen & 9/11

Post by Riddick » 10-14-2017 08:28 PM

Edited/excerpted from a 2015 mysteriousuniverse.com post by NICK REDFERN:

The first episode of The Lone Gunmen aired on March 4, 2001. Its title was Pilot. In the show, a computer hacker takes control of a Boeing 727 passenger plane and flies it towards the World Trade Center, with the specific intention of crashing the plane into one of the Twin Towers. It’s only at the very last moment that the Lone Gunmen are able to hack the hacker and avert disaster and death for those aboard the plane and those inside the World Trade Center.

The story gets even more intriguing: the hacker is not just some random, crazy guy. The plot is all the work of a powerful, rogue group buried deep within the world of officialdom. The secret plan, had it worked, was to put the blame for the World Trade Center attacks on one or more foreign dictators who are “begging to be smart-bombed.”

It should be stressed, of course, that the creators of The Lone Gunmen had no advance knowledge of 9/11. It is worth noting, however, that there seemed to be a deep reluctance on the part of the media to address the storyline of Pilot and its parallels to 9/11 – not to mention that the episode had its premiere broadcast in Australia just thirteen days before the events of September 11 occurred.

“I woke up on September 11 and saw it on TV and the first thing I thought of was The Lone Gunmen,” Frank Spotnitz, one of the program’s four executive producers said. “But then in the weeks and months that followed, almost no one noticed the connection.”

“What’s disturbing about it to me is, you think as a fiction writer that if you can imagine this scenario, then the people in power in the government who are there to imagine disaster scenarios can imagine it, too,” Spotnitz said.

“It was odd that nobody referenced it,” said Robert McLachlan, director of photography on The Lone Gunmen. “In the ensuing press nobody mentioned that [9/11] echoed something that had been seen before.”

Coincidence? Conspiracy? Or something else? Those are the questions that continue to perplex.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: Good bye, Lone Gunmen

Post by Doka » 10-18-2017 01:09 AM

That is really interesting. I've never heard about it. Thanks for posting. :D
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “Star Trek Forum”