Dispatches From The Fortress - Day 14

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Dispatches From The Fortress - Day 14

Post by Riddick » 03-26-2020 04:43 AM

TV & Comics Writer Mark Evanier shares his feelings on his own self-imposed isolation experence at the 2-week mark - Full Post

EXCERPTS

"It's now been two weeks since my doctor told me to stay in, don't go out, avoid the plague as if it were the plague and generally isolate myself...

Groping to find less-horrible aspects of this thing, I recognize that a National Vacation — even one taken under duress and causing great destruction in a 360° circle — has its value. And those of us who'll come away from this will come away with an adventure we'll speak of forever after.

I'm not suggesting mine is any more interesting than yours when I write about mine on my blog. I'm just doing because it's my blog and filling it is something I can still do.
So I have food. I have things to write. I have occasional company on the phone or Facetime. And since I stopped following the news closely, I have a general sense of peace but not, I hope, a naïve one.

Horrible, horrible things are happening and I know we'll be recovering from them for years…but the important thing to remember is that most of us will be recovering. And while it may be tough to get through it, it sure beats the alternative."

Also, from his Day 13 post:

"I've accepted that I'm (we're) just going to have to live like this for an indeterminate time. Could be weeks, could be months. If this is as bad as it gets for me, it's not that bad.

The other night, I said to a friend, "I've just been sitting at my desk in my pajamas, watching movies and/or working on my computer. Oh, how I long for the days when I used to sit at my desk in my pajamas, watching movies and/or working on my computer only about 90% of the time."

Actually, that percentage might be a little high. But it's not hard to live this way. Especially when there's no place to go."
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Dispatches From The Fortress - Day 15

Post by Riddick » 03-27-2020 11:45 PM

Bill Cosby, because he fears getting the coronavirus, is requesting early release from the prison in which he is confined. Hey, get in line, Bill. We'd all like out of our current prisons…and you may be safer right where you are. At least you probably have toilet paper.
[In talking with them] When friends tell me they're bored, I tell them the following: "Think back to a moment in recent memory when you said a sentence that began with the phrase, 'When I have some free time, I'm going to…' and do that thing. You've got free time now. You may not have hand sanitizer but you've got free time…plenty of it. Do that thing you said you were going to do when you had some. If you don't do it now, it'll never get done."

Full Post
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “The Brig”