Methodist Church’s First Drag Queen Pastor: ‘God Is Nothing’

General religion and metaphysics topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Methodist Church’s First Drag Queen Pastor: ‘God Is Nothing’

Post by Riddick » 06-09-2022 11:17 AM

In a new poem, a gender-bending minister for the nation’s third-largest denomination says that queerness is divine. FULL STORY

Excerpts:

“Drag allows me to process the mystery of myself, the mystery of God, the mystery of love, and the mystery of pain,” he said. “When I walk the streets in six-inch heels and wear four pounds of hair, double-stacked wigs, the power which lies within my mystery is released into the world. When I paint my face, meditating upon those who came before me, my spiritual ancestors, I can reach into a deeper part of my soul.”

“There is holy liberation occurring when folks feel they can release the mysterious secret shrouded by society,” he preached. “There is holiness in queerness.”

He speaks of God not as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but rather as the source of queerness, describing him as “nothing but a drag queen with a microphone of biblical f***ing proportions,” “nothing, but if she were, she would be ‘yes, queen’-ing her way down the runways of Paris and Montreal,” and “nothing, but if she were, she would be a seamstress of divide couture, weaving together string theory and self portraits to form the fiercest gowns of queer existence.”

Simmons says he has received copious support. Many official bodies of the church are promoting him and inviting him to speak. He was featured in glowing terms, for instance, in a video produced by the United Methodist News Service.

Progressives promote Simmons and invite him to preach in drag as a way to challenge the conservative position on sexuality that the denomination officially still takes.

The United Methodist Church was ready to split in 2020, but that has been postponed until 2024 because its quadrennial general conference was canceled due to COVID-19.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: Methodist Church’s First Drag Queen Pastor: ‘God Is Nothing’

Post by Doka » 06-09-2022 06:07 PM

Perhaps "Man- Made Religion" has reached it's heavenly limits?

Perhaps, we will practice at being the "True Spiritual Beings" we where always meant to be?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

"Let Us Prey"

Post by Riddick » 06-10-2022 02:52 AM

Doka wrote: 06-09-2022 06:07 PM Perhaps "Man- Made Religion" has reached it's heavenly limits?

Perhaps, we will practice at being the "True Spiritual Beings" we where always meant to be?
Is there any religion NOT man-made? Some claim theirs alone is divinely inspired, but all too often a feeling of superiority, being basic to adherents' sense of self-worth, over others' beliefs can lead to a culture clash that's anything but heavenly

Messing with people is in Woke folks' DNA. Every day it's something new not to like, or to put on a pedestal that everyone must bow down to and worship. Even if their belief system comes out on top, it won't limit their lust to lord it over others -

Wokeism's no fun without people to push around. They need victims to feed off of. If there's no one left to convert they'll turn on each other! Given their MO we know they will - IMO, if they're the epitome of "spiritual beings," we don't need demons.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-10-2022 07:24 AM

With all the crazy-ness it comes down to only What I doas I am the one choosing where I go in my next life, laying the ground work is my goal! You may think being a spirtial being is all sweet smiles and glowing robes, but it is NOT. Ist ya got to know where you are, You are on a beautiful, nasty world, that is only a brutal training ground of constant "tests" I am not filled with hate and greed, but I sure become sorely Discusted!

I have been called every name in the book, but whoo cares they took nothing from me. Free Will is a, trap, best not even go there. No matter on how many temper tatrums, and demands made we are all working from sq 1, a few know it, most don't. Granted, I have a hard time just learning to "walk away" from those I care about, they don't want help, they are doing fine. No longer capable of knowing right from wrong. Thinking they are saving others, when they can't save themselves. And they draw themselves tighter and tighter to those that will destroy them. Sic Sic. My choice is NOT to go that road with them , that is my constant struggle. OK I'm done

I suppose the answer is don't participate, by being an audience.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

In The War On Sanity Count Me As A Contentious Objector

Post by Riddick » 06-11-2022 04:47 PM

Doka wrote: 06-10-2022 07:24 AM ...
I am not filled with hate and greed, but I sure become sorely Discusted!
Granted, I have a hard time just learning to "walk away" from those I care about, they don't want help, they are doing fine. No longer capable of knowing right from wrong. Thinking they are saving others, when they can't save themselves. And they draw themselves tighter and tighter to those that will destroy them. Sic Sic. My choice is NOT to go that road with them , that is my constant struggle. OK I'm done

I suppose the answer is don't participate, by being an audience.
That's kinda where I'm at, too. I've never really seen myself as a "rescue ranger" saving people from themselves. Moreso I've aspired to maintain mutual regard & understanding with folks, but it's a thankless task when one side's too far gone -

How do you fruitfully converse with someone willfully deaf & blind but not dumb in a vocal sense, when in essence every response to you is "I'm right, you're wrong"? We speak, YOU listen & NO talk back? That's NOT confabbing! That's sermonizing.

On metaphysical matters these days, insofar my thoughts fall all over the map my notions can't easily be put in a box. Superficially, "Lapsed Lutheran/Non-Practicing Agnostic" might work as a label, generally being non-ideological & anti-dogmatic.

Suited to subscribe to stridently hard-line & utterly inflexible belief systems, I'm not. That said, I recently retook this quiz that rates how close one's beliefs line up with major religions. Tho it'd been some years the results weren't wildly different -

As before, my best Christian faith matches were Reformed followed by Orthodox Quaker. Over time my best overall match has varied among a group of principally non-doctrinaire Eastern religions; this was the first time the top one was Taoism.

Interestingly I see that as reflecting my cultivation of a philosophy of detachment as a non-participating observer of civilization's destruction due to mass-induced madness. It'll not spare me from the repercussions, but I won't be a contributor!

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-12-2022 08:34 AM

Riddick:
Is there any religion NOT man-made? Some claim theirs alone is divinely inspired, but all too often a feeling of superiority, being basic to adherents' sense of self-worth, over others' beliefs can lead to a culture clash that's anything but heavenly
Interesting. I had give that some thought. The one thing man made religion did help me with was the "Ten Commandments". Of which where, in my book was mis-labeled from the get go! I think they might have had better results being called "The Ten Suggestions" as I find them something you grow into over the years or not.

I'm pretty sure I have broken every one of them, except for the murder one , over my many but few years of maturation. It has been trial and error, finding the abilitiy to change and do better for the simple reason it makes me feel better. Is that not what religion is supposed to do, Lift one up to do better, become a better person (Human). From there it just goes down hill. The rules the churches made, nobody can live by even the "Rule Makers". And one you have to pay for to boot. The larger churches came to be used as Status symbols. And today they are being paid handsomely for the care and feeding of the illegals. I believe they call "Sponsor", While their Neighbors suffer. Always share with your neighbors 1st, if you need a priorty list. Good-Will in you own community makes a better neighborhood. And you a better person.

If you will notice good people are just that, church going or not. They will help you help yourself. They are the "spiritual Beings" that we all wish , most of us , would like to be. In my opinion you will find them among the older souls. You will also note that they are Not so self serving, and naturally stay away from the 7 Deadly Sins, of which are handy to know what Not to be. ("Gay Pride" is Not a good Advertisement LOL)

So for me , Human made religion, I discovered did not work ,"My Look Good" was never that important. In fact I learned more from my-self humiliations and what not to do more than anything, "Trial by my own fire" was a great teacher and certainly a painful one, but I was and am teachable. :D
KARMA RULES

Return to “Religion/Metaphysics”